If getting youthful, glowing and radiant skin is your dream, read on this article.
Firstly avoid consuming sugar as much as you can and include in your diet olive oil, avocado and macadamia nut oil.
In this article, the “Natural Beauty Tips” shares with you some simple diet guidelines and recommend following six changes in your diet plan that will make your skin youthful, radiant and glowing:
1. Reduce the sugar intake: The less you eat sugar, the better it will be. Even consumption of many natural sweeteners like honey and agave syrup that are high in fructose should be curtailed. Also do not consume too much of sugary fruits – such as tropical fruits – , fruit juices and sweet dried fruits. Artificial sweeteners like aspartame are the worst. Not only they contain disgusting chemicals, but they also lead to obesity and diabetes.
2. Try to eat more of healthy fat: You need fat for long term skin health. It has been observed in many studies that eating more fat will make your skin more elastic and with lesser wrinkles. But caution here is increasing your fat consumption should be done in conjunction with reduction in sugar and grains consumption. We recommend monounsaturated fats like olive oil, avocado and macadamia nut oil.
3. Control your grains and starch intakes: It’s a myth that a diet rich in too much of grains is good for your health. We need to remember that the grains contain starches and carbohydrates, which are merely long strings of sugar molecules. Too much consumption of starches and carbohydrates will contribute in causing our skin and body to age prematurely.
4. Consume lots of vegetables: Vegetables are good source of fiber and antioxidants. But caution here is to cut down on consumption of starchy vegetables, as they can have intense effect on our blood sugar level.
Also you can opt for more of berries, since not only they contain relatively less sugar, but are also rich source of antioxidants.
5. Have sufficient proteins every day: Proteins supply crucial building blocks for our whole body. But ironically our body has modest capacity to store proteins. Therefore, you need to consume sufficient amounts of proteins on a daily basis to provide your body with all of its daily protein needs.
6. Spice up your diet: Herbs and spices including garlic, curcumin, cinnamon, rosemary, ginger, turmeric and many others are great promoters of your skin health and longevity. They spice up your life. They not only add flavors and tastes to our food, but they are also good source of bioactive substances which impart positive effects to our general health, skin and longevity.
Make the above six changes in your diet and enjoy healthy, youthful, glowing and radiant skin.