The most essential step in any skin care regime is cleansing. Skin needed to be thoroughly and regularly cleaned so as to let it breathe and remain healthy. The more you neglect this basic skincare step, the more problems your skin will suffer and consequently lose its glow and radiance over time.
What cleansing product should you use entirely depends on the skin type you have. What is your skin type? Is it dry, oily, dead, patchy, combination skin or what? Confused? So, if that is the case with you, the safest bet is to use natural cleansers. They are nature’s best gift for skincare.
Let’s head to your kitchen to find out what natural ingredients you have & see which one you can use as a cleanser to remove makeup, dirt & grime from your skin. Excited, read on!
Top Natural Cleansers To Make Your Skin Gorgeous
1. Plain Yogurt / Curd: It makes your skin feel fresh and well toned. You can also use it as a natural make-up remover to prevent your skin from damage at the end of the day. Take out 2-3 tablespoons of plain yogurt from fridge and let it sit outside till it reaches room temperature. Smooth the yogurt in a thick coating all over your face. Now sit on an inclined chair and relax with a good magazine or just lie down and listen to some relaxing music. Wait for about 15 minutes and then rinse your face thoroughly with lukewarm water. Pat your face gently to dry. Voila, don’t you will feel a new softness and see a healthy new glow.
Natural Beauty Tip: Instead of rinsing, you can use 2-ply tissues for removing all the yogurt and makeup. Don’t use thin 1-ply tissues as they just crumple in your hands.
2. Tomato: Take a ripe tomato and cut it in two halves. Rub the two halves over your facial skin to open up the pores and cleanse the skin. It will soften and tighten your skin over time.
Alternatively, take one small to medium size ripe tomato, wash and puree it with a blender until completely pulverized. Transfer the tomato puree into a bowl and mix well 1-2 teaspoons of baking soda. Rinse your face with warm water, put some of the cleanser on a washcloth and gently massage your face, neck and chest in circular motions. Rinse with cool water after a few minutes. Voila! Refreshed skin!
3. Papaya: Rub a slice of ripe papaya on your face, neck and chest; leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash off. Use it as a cleanser every day and your skin will turn supple and fairer over time.
You can also make a papaya natural scrub with mashed ripe papaya (papaya has powerful cleansing enzymes), sugar or sea salt (as per your choice), extra virgin olive oil and organic honey. Rub this mixture on your face. This natural scrub will clear the deep-seated dirt and all impurities from your skin to provide a natural glow.
4. Strawberries: Strawberries are a great natural astringent, so they will help get your face clean and dissolve oil – so good for combination to oily skin. They also act as natural bleach; so can help with uneven skin tone and dark spots. Another good thing is that they contain natural enzymes, which are extremely good for the skin.
Simply mash 3-4 ripe strawberries and message into the skin, leaving it on for about 5 minutes and then wash it off. It will make your skin supple and look brighter. Moreover, it will infuse your skin with a topical dose of Vitamin C .
5. Lemon And Orange Cleanser: If you have dry skin and is looking for a natural cleanser to clean make-up or dirt and grime from your pores, here is one of the best natural skin cleansers:
Recipe: Take 10 teaspoon of pure sweet almond oil, 10 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon. Mix the three ingredients well and store this mixture in a bottle. Keep the bottle in a cool, dark place. Also make some powder from dry orange peel and store it in a separate bottle.
Before using, shake the mixture bottle well and take a teaspoon of the mixture and add in small quantity of powder made from dry orange peel and rub gently into your skin, including the area around the eyes. Doing so will remove all the dirt, grime and make-up, in addition this will gently exfoliate your skin as well.
6. Black Gram Flour (Besan): This staple food is used in India since ancient time to cleanse all types of skin. You can use it alone or mix it with plain yogurt or curd to make a paste and rub into your skin. It’s great natural cleanser for oily and combination skins. To cleanse dry skin, mix it with whole or high fat raw milk and rub on dry skin for getting rid of make up, dirt and grime.
7. Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mitti): This is another one of the most used natural ingredient for treating acne-prone skin since ages in India. This is a kind of natural clay that is great for cleansing oily skin. Ayurveda also uses this amazing natural clay in many of its skin care remedies because of its many fold skin benefits. Just take 2 teaspoon of this clay and add a pinch of powdered camphor to it and mix well with water. Rub into your wet skin gently and wash off.
Choose any of the above natural ingredients depending upon availability and your likings. These natural cleansers work magic on your skin without any side effects and pinching your pockets.
Are you using any natural ingredient to clean your skin? If yes then please share with us and if no then try any of the above cleansers and share your experience with us under the comments section below
Useful Related Posts: