Almond oil is packed with antioxidants, high in vitamins E, A, D and B, contains protein, essential minerals and healthy fats as well. It is also rich in oleic and linoleic acids. Due to its high nutrient-contents, this oil is used as a skin care product. It is used not only for skin and face care, but also as a medicinal oil and for treating some skin disorders.
Is Almond Oil Good For Skin?
There are two different kinds of almond oil – sweet almond oil and bitter almond essential oil. The oil used for therapeutic purpose is sweet almond oil, also sometimes called as pure almond oil, which is highly refined. Being noncomedogenic, it’s non greasy lubricant, medium-light with quick absorption rate so works well on the face and even on sensitive skin.
Sweet or pure almond oil for face or skin works as great lubricant during a message therapy. It also acts as an emollient and is good for dry, flaky, irritated skin and for preventing skin spots.
On the other hand, bitter almond oil is an essential oil that is meant for use as a scent and flavor. It is not to be used for skin treatment purposes, whatsoever. It’s neither useful for aromatherapy purposes nor for moisturizing benefits. Its use is meant mostly for smell.
Although the face is the most preferable place for using sweet/pure almond oil, but it can beneficially be used on any part of your body. So much so, it can treat many beauty and hair problems. Thus sweet / pure almond oil can do wonders for both skin and hair.
Sweet Almond Oil For Skin Benefits And How To Use Almond Oil For Face And Skin
Sweet almond oil is a so versatile natural beauty product that if there was only one product for you to use for your whole life …. Sweet Almond Oil would be the one!
It’s inexpensive and easy to use. In fact one bottle will last you a long time. You can easily get it from pharmacies, health stores, and online.
Read on here for benefits of almond oil on skin and face. Also find here how to use this nature’s gift to keep your skin healthy, youthful, supple and moisturized:
1. Almond Oil To Make Your Skin Young And Healthy: Vitamins A, B and E are essential to keep your skin, young and supple. Most big brand skin care products contain these vitamins. Sweet almond oil is naturally rich in having these vitamins and other skin-friendly nutrients in abundance. Moreover, pure almond oil keeps your skin moisturized. Being noncomedogenic, and medium-light non greasy lubricant, it gets into your skin easily without blocking skin pores. This versatile natural oil for skin care provide following skin benefits and helps to:
(i) Cleanse the skin.
(ii) Enrich complexion and preserve glow.
(iii) Moisturize naturally deep into skin.
(iv) Ease skin irritation and skin inflammation.
(v) Prevent dry, flaky and irritated skin. When applied on oily skin in little quantity, it balances the complexion.
(vi) Nurture skin, making it supple, smoother and softer.
(vii) Treat chapped lips and body rashes.
(viii) Delay the signs of skin aging.
Method: Use this simple homemade almond oil recipe for improving your skin health and enhancing its glow.
(i) Take 1/4 fully ripe avocado, 1 teaspoon each of honey and pure almond oil.
(ii) Puree the avocado and combine all the ingredients together to form a uniform paste.
(iii) Apply the concoction on face and other skin areas, as desired. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water and pat dry.
2. Almond Oil For Treating Wrinkles, Fine Lines And Preventing Skin Aging: Are you worried about fine lines and crowfeet spoiling your appearance? Use almond oil for treating wrinkles, fine lines and skin aging as it is one of the most well-known oils for skin benefits. It facilitates tightening of the dull, aged skin and lessening of the wrinkles and fine lines appearance. By using sweet almond oil as a facial lotion, you can repair signs of aging and prevent further damage to the skin. It raises the amount of moisture that your skin can carry, thereby keeps your skin fresh for longer time.
Home Recipe 1: Use this facial massage regularly to repair skin and for removing fine lines and wrinkles. It moisturizes and nourishes your skin deeply.
(i) Cleanse your face with lukewarm water to remove all makeup or dirt from your face
(ii) Simply heat 1 teaspoon of pure almond oil up to bearable heat point and mix in 2 drops of Vitamin E. You can extract vitamin E from a vitamin E capsule. Just touch it to feel that it’s not too hot to burn your skin. Apply this mixture on to your face and massage it gently with your finger-tips in small circular motion. Continue this process for about 10 minutes and wipe off your face with tissue or soft towel.
(iii) Splash water and pat dry your face.
Natural Beauty Tip: For better results, you can massage oil before going to bed and leave it overnight.
3. Almond Oil For Dark Circles And Puffy Eyes: You can use it as an eye cream. Pure almond oil is a natural solution for getting rid of under eye dark circles and puffiness of eyes, due to its anti-aging qualities. By applying almond oil remedy, you can get rid of puffiness formed under eyes caused by either being too tired or working for long hours.
Homemade Recipe No. 1:
(i) Simply apply one or two drops of organic almond oil over the dark circles or areas of puffiness and very gently massage or pat it, using tips of your fingers, before going to bed.
(ii) Leave it overnight and allow the oil to work while you sleep. This way oil will get enough time to sink into the skin deeply. Wash off the area with cold water next morning.
(iii) For optimum results apply this home remedy regularly until the dark circles under the eyes disappear. This remedy will also get rid of dark eyelids and crow’s feet.
Homemade Recipe No. 2:
(i) Mix well organic / sweet almond oil and organic / raw honey in equal parts. Apply this mixture gently under your eyes and other affected areas. Make it sure not to rub it, as the skin under your eyes can stretch easily. You can also apply it to reduce puffiness under your eyes.
(ii) For best results apply it before going to bet and allow it to work overnight. Wash it off with clear cold water next morning.
(iii) Follow this natural remedy regularly, until you get the results.
4. Almond Oil For Exfoliating The Skin: The skin tends to appear dull because of the dead skin cells, which occurred due to external factors such as pollution, dirt, sweat, etc. You can use almond oil home recipes for removing impurities and dead skin cells from your skin to brighten your skin.
Home Recipe No. 1 – Almond Oil And Sugar Scrub: Organic almond oil is one of the best base oils to make sugar scrubs for your face and skin on other parts. It’s a great scrub that can reach deep into skin pores for exfoliating your skin from head to toe, thereby revitalize and rejuvenate your dry and damaged skin. It works as a moisturizer as well and makes your skin soft, clear and attractive.
(i) Mix well 1 tablespoon of sugar and sweet almond oil each. Before taking bath or shower, massage this scrub on your face and other areas gently with your fingertips in small circular motions. This process will remove dead skin cells from your skin.
(ii) Follow with a bath or shower to remove all residues of the scrub.
Natural Recipe No. 2 – Almond Exfoliating Face Mask / Pack:
(i) Take 4-5 almonds, 1 teaspoon of milk, little bit of lemon juice and some gram flour.
(ii) Crush the almonds finely and mix well all the natural ingredients into a uniform paste. Apply the mask / pack on your face, massage it gently for a couple of minutes, and allow it to sit on your face for about 30 minutes, before rinsing it off with water.
Natural Beauty Tip: Be careful not to rub too hard your facial skin and stay away from the tender skin around the eyes while applying the above recipes.
5. Almond Oil For Dry Skin: As pure almond oil has high content of vitamin E, it can be used as a great emollient and lubricator for dry skin. Apply just a few drops of sweet almond oil as a moisturizer all over your body every day at night and wake up with soft and supple skin in morning.
6. Almond Oil As Sun Protector: Sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays can cause wrinkles, sunburn, skin aging and skin cancer. Using almond oil is a natural way of protecting your skin from UV rays. It has been found that applying almond oil does not only protect skin, but can also reverse damage that might have already happened. Moreover, this oil also slows down the skin’s aging process.
7. Almond Oil For Removing Makeup: This oil is so light and less greasy that it can be used as an ideal makeup remover. It works on the skin to open pores and effectively remove all the makeup and leaving the skin healthier and beautiful. Massage this oil directly onto your skin and it will lift away all the makeup with ease. It’s so gentle that you can even remove waterproof mascara with its help. The best thing about using this oil is that it can be used on all skin types and also it deters the chances of acne and pimples breakout.
8. Almond Oil As Hand And Foot Cream: Almond oil is a light and less greasy oil alternative for hand and foot creams. Because of its lightness, it gets absorbed into your skin in a jiffy. It also carries a sweet fragrance. It also has zinc properties, due to which it can heal and get rid of cracked skin on all parts of your body.
9. Use Almond Oil To Make Your Eyelashes Big And Flirty: Its application will nourish, strengthen, and nurture them to grow big into naturally fuller eyelashes.
(i) Simply use a cotton tip or an old mascara wand. Dip it in the pure almond oil and apply a very small amount to eyelashes and eyebrows, just like applying mascara.
(ii) Repeat it until all the eyelashes are covered in oil. You can apply this before going to bed at night or whenever you get some time during the day.
10. Almond Oil Lip Balm: To make your lips soft, supple and luscious, use this treatment for chapped lips.
Method: To make your own almond oil natural lip balm, mix pure almond oil with some honey. Pour this mixture into an airtight container and store in a fridge. Apply this lip balm onto your lips whenever you feel they are dry.
11. Almond Oil To Get Healthy And Strong Nails: To make your nails strong and healthy, take few drops of organic almond oil. Massage your nails and cuticles with this oil daily. Almond oil contains potassium and zinc that nourish them naturally, leaving the nails hydrated and strong, making them less prone to breakage or peeling. It will also add shine to your nails.
12. Treat Skin Tan With Almond Oil: To get rid of sun-tan, use this home remedy. This will not only reduce sun-tan, but also replenish lost moisture of the skin due to the Sun exposure.
Method: Make a paste of almond oil, honey, lime juice and milk powder. Apply this mixture onto the affected area and leave it there for about 25 minutes. Finish with washing it off with water.
13. Almond Oil, Lemon Juice And Honey Face Mask: Apply this face pack and allow it to sit on your face for 20 minutes. When done, wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry your face.
14. Almond Oil For Skin Acne: Almond oil has fatty acids that dissolve sebum and impurities that cause acne and pimples. It also cleanses the skin pores and repairs damage to the skin, so can prevent occurrence of acne and pimples.
Method: Mix sweet therapeutic grade almond oil and organic honey in equal parts. Wash your hands and face. Apply the mixture to your whole face, leaving it there for about 20 minutes. Rinse it off your face and pat dry.
15. Use Almond Oil To Remove Stretch Marks: This oil has emollient properties, so it works to tighten the skin and promote blood circulation, thereby helps in reducing stretch marks.
Method: Apply some sweet almond oil on the skin area that has stretch marks. Massage the skin gently in small circular motion for about five minutes with the help of your fingertips. For optimum results do it after bath. Follow this remedy twice a day.
Natural Beauty Tips:
(i) Almond Oil As A Skin Rejuvenator: Pure almond oil has emollient properties, which imparts it power to rejuvenate and soften the skin, thereby enriching the complexion and evening out the skin tone.
(ii) Only few drops of almond oil are enough to cover your entire face. It is one of the least greasy oil and soaks into skin fast, leaving only slight residue. If you feel your face is swimming with oil that would mean you have used too much of it.
(iii) Before using any oil, always test its sensitivity to your skin. Just apply a little bit on your wrist or lower arm and watch for reaction over 24 hours.
Useful Related Posts: