Oily skinned people have normally less noticeable fine lines and wrinkles than as compared to other skin types. But it does not mean that they should not practice anti-aging tips.
Although there are some benefits of having oily skin, we still need to take care for oily skin as well to slow down skin aging process. In this article you will find about how you can slow down skin aging process.
1. Avoid Foam Cleansers: Foam cleansers are harsher even for oily skin. Consider using a cleanser other than a foam cleanser.
2. Use Sunscreen: Whatsoever skin type you may have, using sunscreen is always an absolute essential. Even if you have never used sunscreen till now, it is never too late. Start using it now. Sun rays are harmful for your skin and accelerate aging process by penetrating your outer and inner skin layers. Use of sunscreen will protect your skin from sun damage and maintain your skin young. To prevent clogged pores, go for sunscreens that are meant especially for oily skin.
3. Avoid over cleansing of your face: Oily skin tends to feel greasy and you may be tempted to wash your face more often. Girls and women with oily skin often get too enthusiastic to wash their skin more often to keep it oil free. But washing your face too often can result into production of more oil on your skin as it is a natural process. Also over cleansing of your skin can make it dry and make the signs of aging look more visible on your face.
Best is to cleanse your oily skinned face twice a day and use oily skin blotting papers to absorb extra oil.
4. Nourish your skin: Antioxidants are very effective in slowing down skin aging process. Antioxidants will help in preventing oxidizing of your skin with the result your skin will remain young and supple. Look out for oil-free moisturizers that contain antioxidants. Also include in your diet foods with high contents of antioxidants, like berries, vegetables and beans to nourish your skin as an anti-aging measure.
5. Get adequate sleep: This is another natural anti-aging tip. Adequate sleep is not only a good anti-aging tip, but it is good for your overall health and wellbeing also. Normally eight hours of sleep each night is enough to help your skin and body to look at its best.
Avoid sleeping on your face as it wrinkles your skin and create fine lines on your face. Instead practice sleeping on your back.
6. Quit smoking: Smoking is not only bad for your health, but it’s not good for even your skin. A smoker’s skin tend to age faster.
7. Cut down your sugar consumption: If you love lots of sweets, you need to cut down on them. Studies have shown consuming too much of sugar over a long periods can make your skin look dull and age your skin faster because of a process in your body, namely, glycation. Instead of consuming too much of sugary products go for vegetables and fruits to keep your skin young and supple.
8. Limit consumption of alcohol: Try to have your alcohol consumption at moderate rate. Alcohol consumption dilates your blood vessels and enhances blood flow near the skin’s surface. Normally, increased blood flow is good for you but the increased blood flow due to alcohol makes your skin appear sallow. So for sake of your skin, limit your alcohol consumption.
9. Include Omega-3 fatty acids in your diet: Apart from antioxidants that are good for your skin, omega-3 fatty acids are another good nutrient for your skin. Omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation of your skin, rejuvenate your skin cells and repair your skin from inside. So include in your diet foods like salmon, eggs, soy milk and yogurt.
Useful Related Posts: