Oily skin requires utmost attention. Oily and greasy skin easily catch dirt and scums from its surroundings. Moreover it’s prone to acne breakout. Oily skin tends to release extra natural oil, so needs extra care to maintain it clean, flawless and even-toned.
The excess oil production on your face, forehead, nose and chin can be due to wide open skin pores. Oily skin can lead to many skin problems, such as acne breakout, spots, blackheads, greasy lines on your face. In this article are given DIY natural homemade face masks to narrow your skin pores and stabilize production of natural oil, the so called sebum.
Natural Homemade Best Facemasks For Oily Skin
Read here best homemade face masks for oily skin natural recipes, and who knows you may be able to find here a best face mask recipe for your oily skin problems!!
1. Banana Face Mask For Oily Skin: This soothing face mask works best on oily skin. Take 1 fully ripe banana, 1 tablespoon honey and an orange or a lemon. You can keep ripe bananas in a freezer that you can use later. But thaw it before using. Mash up the banana and add in the honey. Alternatively, you can blend them in a blender. Mix in a few drops of juice from an orange or a lemon. Apply the mask on your face and leave it for about 15 minutes before rinsing with a cool absorbent soft washcloth or a steaming warm washcloth – as per your choice. Follow with your regular moisturizer, if needed.
2. Bentonite Clay Oily Skin Homemade Face Mask: Bentonite, the so called Green Clay, Face Mask is a wonderful facial mask for oily and greasy skin. While talking of clay masks, there is no better clay than the green clay. Take 1 tablespoon of green clay, 1 teaspoon of apricot kernel oil and 3 drops of palmarosa essential oil. You can get these ingredients from a natural food or health store. Mix these ingredients together. Mix in a few drops of warm water. If needed add in a little bit more of warm water to make a consistent, spreadable paste. Apply this facial mask and let it dry for say 10 minutes or so. Rinse it off with a warm washcloth.
3. Fuller’s Earth / Multani Mitti – Best Face Mask For Oily skin: Fuller’s earth oily skin face mask is very good in soaking oil and dirt from the oily skin surface. Fuller’s earth is an ancient time natural remedy to treat acne and pimples. It acts as a natural cleanser and very effective in acne breakout. You can remove extra shine, oiliness, greasiness with the help of clay masks, as they have oil reducing properties.
This oil removing face mask can be made easily at home with fuller’s earth (multani mitti) as a basic ingredient. Soak 2 tablespoons of fuller’s earth in warm water for half an hour. Mix in 1 tablespoon of rose water and a few drops of lemon juice. If you feel mixture is still thick then try adding some warm water to make it spreadable. You can add a tablespoon of milk to prevent over dryness.
This is best face mask to clean up your face, get rid of oil, impurities and dead skin cells from your skin. You can apply this mask two or three times a week.
Tip: To make a simple fuller’s earth mask, mix in water if you have oily skin, jojoba oil if you have dry skin and milk for a combination skin.
4. Gram Flour, Turmeric, Lemon Juice And Milk Facial Mask For Oily Skin Care: Gram flour and turmeric together make a very effective face pack for oily skin. Take 2 tablespoons of gram flour; two to three tablespoons of milk and water as needed, and mix these ingredients well to form a spreadable paste. Apply this mask on your face, leaving it there for about 20 minutes. Rinse it off. It works to deep cleanse and get rid of dead skin cells form your facial skin, giving it oil free and clean appearance. This oily skin face mask also works as a natural exfoliant and facial scrub.
Caution: The turmeric can stain fair skin. It’s a perfect mask for darker, olive-skin toned people.
5. Orange Peel Face Mask To Handle Over Shiny Skin: Orange peel is a natural effective treatment to manage greasy and oily skin. Dry out orange peels in shade and then grind them into powder form. Mix the powder with water or yogurt to form a face mask. This homemade natural orange peel mask works to open and cleanse clogged pores. At the same time its astringent properties remove extra oil from the skin.
6. Fruit Natural Face Masks For Oily Skin: Oily and greasy skin is benefitted in many ways by applying lemon, orange, tomato, grapefruit and papaya. They all are packed with vitamin C and contain astringent oils that work to treat greasy and oily skin. Natural astringent ingredients of these fruits act to tighten facial pores, decrease oil secretion and keep your skin clean and oil free.
Caution: Many people have oily areas only on forehead, nose and chin. Such people with combination skin should apply these fruit face masks only on T-zone area. Do not apply on dry areas of your face, as you may then suffer from dry patches.
7. Tomatoes Face Masks To Treat Oily Skin: Tomatoes facial masks are very useful to manage oily skin, as they help in dissolving extra oil and at the same time work to reduce size of large looking pores. It has natural astringent that makes it a perfect choice for greasy and over shiny skin.
The simplest form of a tomato face mask is to just mash a tomato and apply on your oily face area for about 15 minutes. Use this face mask twice or thrice a week to make your skin healthy, even-toned and flawless by diminishing the blemishes and appearance of acne scars.
8. Lemon Juice To Control Oily Skin Problems: It’s a fact that application of lemon juice irritates your skin. But it’s also a fact that lemon juice is very effective in solving oily skin problems. Lemon juice is packed with vitamin C, like tomato and papaya and therefore is very useful for oily skin. The other great benefits of lemon juice are its astringent and bleaching effects on the skin.
People having oily skin are prone to suffer from acne, pimples, blackheads and whiteheads. You can add lemon juice to any facial mask for oily skin to smartly tackle all the problems of oily and greasy skin. By using such masks you can make your skin clearer, even-toned, fresh, free from oil, dirt and impurities.
In its simplest form, you can apply fresh lemon juice on oily parts of your skin to clean and get rid of oiliness from the top layer of your skin. And for those who also feel that their body is oily, they can add juice of half a lemon to their bath tub to remove excessive oil from their skin.
9. Papaya Face Mask To Remove Excess Oil From Your Face: Although papaya face mask is known to suit all types of skin, but it benefits oily skin the most. Papaya face mask is very effective in removing excess oil from the skin surface. Oily skin is such a type that needs frequent exfoliation. Papaya contains enzymes that help in exfoliation process. If your oily skin is accompanied with pimples and scars, then the papaya mask works best for that too. A regular papaya mask application on your face gives you many benefits, including youthful skin, diminished wrinkles, even-toned skin, no discoloration and no dead skin cells.
Puree a piece of ripe papaya in a bowl and apply on your face and neck. You can also mix in a few drops of lemon juice into it. A papaya mask for oily skin not only helps to remove excess oil from your face, but is also a true friend to provide healthy and glowing skin.
10. Oatmeal, Lemon Juice And Honey Facial Mask For Oily Skin: This is a very effective oily skin face mask. Simply combine organic oatmeal, honey and lemon juice. Apply this mixture on your face, taking care around and on the eyes area. Let the mask sit on your face for 10 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water. Pat your face dry with a soft absorbent cloth. This natural oatmeal, honey and lemon juice face mask will keep your face clean, oil free and fresh.
Use this natural remedy once a day, or as often as you need to keep your face skin free of sebum, soft and fresh.
11. Cucumber Oily Skin Natural Face Mask: Take half cucumber, 1 egg white and 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of mint. Make puree of all these natural ingredients in a blender and keep it in refrigerator for about 10 minutes. Apply the mixture on your face, taking care over and around eyes area. Allow it to sit for about 15 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm and then cold water to keep your face skin oil free, even-toned and supple.
12. Apples And Honey DIY Facial Mask For Oily Skin: Peel and remove seeds form an apple and blend it in a blender. Mix 3 tablespoons of honey and stir the mixture thoroughly. Apply it on your face leaving it there for about 10 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water.
13. Moisturizing Face Mask For Oily Skin – Rosewater, Glycerin And Lemon Face Mask For Oily Skin And Acne: Lemon has anti-bacterial properties, so a perfect natural choice for acne prone oily skin. Lemon also helps in removing oiliness from surface of your skin, making it oil free and tight. Rosewater acts as antiseptic and also works as a great cleanser and toner to make your skin clean and fresh. Glycerin hydrates your skin by moistening the skin perfectly.
Mix these natural ingredients in equal proportions and apply on your face. Let it sit there for about 20 minutes and wash it off. You can store this mixture in a glass bottle in your freeze and use it in your daily skin care routine.
This is an effective face mask to treat oily skin problems, like acne, pimples and scars.
14. Witch Hazel And Apple Toner Recipe To Manage Oily Skin And Blackheads: It’s a known fact that many models wipe with witch hazel to control their oily skin.
We are giving here a homemade natural toner recipe for oily skin and blackheads. We do not recommend toner for women with dry skin. This homemade toner recipe for oily skin is very effective and recommended for women having oily skin. Why so?
Apples: They are packed with vitamins A, B and C, making this homemade toner recipe a great antioxidant booster for your skin.
Witch Hazel: Witch hazel is over-drying for normal and dry skin. But it has many beauty benefits, including that it diminishes inflammation, removes makeup, brighten skin tone, get rid of excess oil and some people swear that it control blackheads, etc. So it has incredible benefits for acne-prone, pimple-prone, oily, greasy and over-shiny skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar: It works very effectively to reduce inflammation, so it is a perfect natural choice for women suffering from psoriasis and other skin conditions. It also helps in keeping acne and black heads at bay.
Take 1 organic green apple, 1/4 cup witch hazel, 4 cups of apple cider vinegar and 1/2 cup of water. Cut up the apple into small pieces and place the apple and water in a saucepan and heat it till it reaches a boil. Allow the mixture to cool. Strain the mixture into a spray bottle or a normal bottle, using a fine mesh. Mix in the witch hazel and apple cider vinegar and shake the bottle well.
Apply this apple toner on your face, neck and chest using cotton pads or alternatively spritz this toner using spray bottle. Allow it to sit there for about 10-15 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water. Follow with a good quality moisturizer on the still-moist skin.
Try the above homemade natural facial masks for oily skin and narrow down to the ones that suit you to enjoy clean, even-toned, flawless and glowing skin.
Useful Related Articles: