Are you looking for your hair to be thicker, healthy, stronger and shiny? Do you know about benefits of castor oil for hair growth? Castor oil is a natural oil that is often overlooked for its benefits for hair, due to its extremely thick and sticky texture. Castor oil is an answer to your problems of dry scalp, hair loss and hair thinning!
Is Castor Oil Good For Hair ?
Does castor oil make hair grow? When you are looking for hair growth, one of the best options is castor oil. When you use castor oil in hair (and on scalp), you are using an oil that has no amount of chemicals added in it. Castor oil is recommended because of following reasons.
Castor Oil For Hair Loss Prevention
Castor oil is full of omega 9 acids, vital vitamins and other beneficial nutrients that make it a well-known treatment for hair loss and hair thinning.
Other Benefits of Castor Oil For Hair
Castor oil is used in various cosmetics for its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It contains many vital nutrients, such as vitamin E, proteins, anti-oxidants, omega 9 fats and ricinoleic acid that work magic for and promote hair growth.
1. Omega 9, a constituent of castor oil, promotes hair growth. It not only activates hair growth, but also prevents baldness and thinning of hair. Omega 9 fats intensify strength of each hair follicle. It protects keratin against damage caused by sun rays and environmental pollution. Due to these properties, it not only triggers new hair growth, but also guards existing hair against hair loss and hair thinning.
2. Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid that helps in restoring the normal pH level of the scalp. It treats the hair issues, such as scalp acne and dandruff that are caused by unbalanced pH level of the scalp. By curing dandruff, it helps in making your hair healthy, thicker and longer.
3. The anti-oxidants contents make it an effective castor oil treatment for hair against dullness and frizz. The anti-oxidants boost blood circulation all over the scalp. Improved blood circulation results into surge in oxygen supply throughout the scalp that causes hair roots to become stronger.
4. Castor oil provides deep conditioning to scalp, hair roots and hair follicles. This makes the hair frizz free and healthy and stronger.
5. Castor oil is an effective treatment for providing shine and gloss to hair. When massaged on hair, the anti-oxidants present in castor oil strengthen the keratin. This makes your hair to look glossy after wash.
6. Castor oil is full of the essential vitamins needed for healthy hair growth. That is why castor oil can cure many hair conditions, including hair loss and hair thinning.
7. Due to its antiseptic and anti-fungal properties, castor oil massage helps in treating scalp infections including scalp dryness.
8. A message with castor oil stimulates the scalp by increasing blood circulation to follicles, turning them stronger and thereby promotes hair growth.
How To Use Castor Oil On Hair
If you are considering castor oil to grow hair, it’s important to know how to apply castor oil for hair growth and hair loss prevention. You need to learn to use castor oil the right way to get most out of it.
1. Heat The Oil Mildly: Pour the required quantity in a bowl to heat it mildly. You may add other oils in the bowl, such as olive oil, coconut oil or almond oil for added benefits. This will lighten its density and make it easier to remove later. Now you can either place the bowl on a stove or alternatively, in a hot water pan whilst on a stove. Make sure that oil doesn’t get very hot. Just heat it mildly.
2. Hair Message: In case your hair is totally dry, use water spray to make them a little moist. It is better to divide your hair in different patches. Simply take some oil on your palm and apply oil on the patches one by one. Once one patch is done move to the next, so that oil is applied onto your entre hair thoroughly from roots to tips. Massage hair gently. Castor oil takes some time to get absorbed, so you will need to massage it continuously until a fair portion is absorbed.
3. Scalp Massage: Castor oil hair massage is not enough and you should massage your scalp as well. Take a little castor oil and massage your scalp gently with your finger-tips. You need to massage continuously until a fair portion of the oil is absorbed in the scalp to derive maximum benefits of castor oil use.
Natural Beauty Tip: Do not use too much of oil, as castor oil has thicker density and would be difficult to wash out later.
4. Cover Your Hair: After having done the hair and scalp massage, cover your head and let sit the oil on your hair for at least one hour. Allow the oil to get absorbed into scalp and hair, as much as possible.
Alternatively, you can apply the oil before sleeping and leave it there overnight. To avoid the oil staining your pillow cover and bed linen, cover your head with a towel.
5. Wash Your Hair: Wash your hair with your favorite shampoo thoroughly to get rid of all the oil. As the castor oil is heavy in density, it is difficult to rinse it off the hair completely in one go. To remove it thoroughly, you may need to shampoo your hair twice or thrice.
Best Castor Oil For Hair Growth
The best castor oil for hair growth purpose is raw and unprocessed one. On the other hand the processed castor oil may lose out some of its beneficial properties due to exclusion of natural healing properties that are needed for castor oil hair treatment.
Natural Beauty Tips
(i) Castor oil in itself is of thick consistency and quite greasy. So consider diluting it. It will help the oil to spread smoothly and easier to remove later. Try to mix it with almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil to make it thinner for easy use and additional benefits.
(ii) Don’t expect to see results overnight. You will see positive results in a month or so.
(iii) Consider adding a few drops of castor oil to your hair conditioner or hair moisturizer to grow your hair longer and thicker.
(iv) Wet your hair a little bit before applying castor oil. It will act as a moisturizer and help more oil to get deeper down the roots.
So you now know castor oil benefits for hair. Start using it to get shiny, healthy and stronger hair. Or mix it with other natural nutritious oils for added benefits.
Useful Related Arrticles: