Wondering how to get baby soft skin on your face? Then coconut oil is one all natural beauty multi-tasker that can help you with that. Coconut oil is not only rich in many minerals and essential vitamins, but it has many skin care benefits, such as moisturizing, antioxidant and antibacterial properties. It is boon for those who prefer to apply chemicals free skin care regimen.
Is Coconut Oil Good For Face And Skin?
Coconut oil is so versatile in beauty care that you can use it in making homemade body lotions or use as makeup remover, excellent serum for strengthening nails, homemade eye creams, various beauty masks, and hair treatments. By using coconut oil on skin and face you can reduce exposure to harmful chemicals and get gorgeous, dewy and glowing facial skin. In this article, you will find uses for coconut oil on face and skin.
How To Use Coconut Oil On Face And Skin?
1. Day To Day Normal Face Cleansing Routine: Before you sleep at night, cleanse your face with virgin coconut oil. This do-it-all oil has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that can be beneficial for atopic dermatitis. For deep cleansing your skin, rub the oil into your face and neck using your fingers in circular motions. For having added moisturizing effect on your skin, leave it there overnight and wash off residual oil with your normal facial cleanser in the morning. This coconut oil natural remedy is very effective for postponing development of wrinkles on your face.
2. To Exfoliate Your Facial Skin With Coconut Oil: Ditch the chemicals laden beauty products available on the market, and try this equally effective chemicals free homemade coconut facial scrub to exfoliate and get a super smooth skin. Warm up a few tablespoons of pure coconut oil at a low heat and mix with an equal amount of salt or crushed sugar. Add in a couple of drops of any essential oil of your choice to produce a sweet smelling 100 percent pure natural homemade coconut oil face mask.
3. Coconut Oil Face Moisturizer For Dry Skin: Try coconut oil – a 100% chemicals free moisturizing cream – instead of your night cream for dry skin. It works overnight to hydrate your skin and cut down on water loss. This versatile oil contains vitamin E – an anti-aging element to protect your skin from premature aging and maintaining its youth. It is also loaded with fatty acids that work to fortify the skin’s fence to lock in moisture to keep your skin hydrated.
4. Coconut Oil As Eye Cream: Try pure virgin coconut oil around the delicate eye area instead of your store-bought eye cream. The area around your eyes is prone to developing fine lines and wrinkles and thus need extra care. This super hydrating coconut oil can work the trick to avoid occurrence of premature fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes.
5. Coconut Oil For Chapped Lips: Rub unrefined coconut oil on to your lips to soothe them. It will soften-up your lips, hydrate them and help lock in the moisture. As it’s completely edible, so it won’t do any harm even if you ingest a little. Rather eating coconut oil is good for your health. On the other hand the chemicals in a lip balm may harm you.
6. Coconut Oil As Make-up Remover: Antibacterial coconut oil can gently and easily remove the most resistant waterproof eye mascara and make-up. Apply it directly to your face as an oil cleanser or wipe the make-up off with a coconut oil soaked cotton pad. You can sweep a coconut oil soaked cotton pad over eyes to help break down highly pigmented eye mascara, eyeliner and eye shadow, while adding much desired moisture to the eye area. When you use coconut oil as a make-up remover, no make-up stands a chance and any make-up is sure to melt away. Finish the process with rinsing your face off to remove any remaining dirt, debris and oil.
7. Coconut Oil Face Wash: This at home face wash treatment will open up your facial skin pores and let the coconut oil go inside and shove out all the dirt and grime that’s inside. Regular use of the coconut oil face wash over time will also help even out your skin tone. Follow this process:
(i) Gently rub organic coconut oil into your face with the help of your fingers in circular motion for about half a minute;
(ii) Place a warm, wet wash cloth – clean and soft towel – onto your face to open-up the skin pores.
(iii) Wait for about 15-30 seconds, and then gently rub off the oil from your face with the wash cloth. No scrubbing. Alternatively, you can use organic cotton wipes or baby wipes – they are of a nice size and softer than a wash cloth.
(iv) If you desire so, splash some warm water to remove oil residues from your face.
Done!! It could not be easier than this, right?
(i) If you like you can add a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil to coconut oil to make it smell sweet.
(ii) You can use this face wash also in the shower, but I don’t advise washing it off right away. Give some time to your skin to absorb the coconut oil to get the optimum benefits, and then try to remove any excess oil.
(iii) You can try adding other oils to the coconut oil to get supplementary benefits. One such oil that you can add is castor oil in 1:1 ratio.
(i) Some people get acne breakouts when they use coconut or any other oil on their skin or face. It’s recommended that first you try a little coconut oil on just one patch for a few days to test it.
(ii) Also in case you experience any itch, redness or swelling, discontinue its use.
Useful Related Posts: