Quick Health Tips For Men – Ways to Stay Healthy and Live Longer
Don’t you want to look younger, stay younger and live longer. Start following the best of the best Health Tips for Men outlined in this article for staying healthy and looking younger for years to come.
Follow these Men Health Tips as much as you can, and see that you will enjoy and love your life more and more in just a couple of weeks.
Although these are Health Tips for Men, but they work equally well for women also.
1. Do Away With “White Foods” – Health Tip No. 1: Avoid white flour, baked foods made with white flour, refined grains, white sugar, sugar-laden sodas, snack and other processed foods, as they are not only devoid of their natural fiber, but also lack in vitamins and minerals. Instead eat fiber-rich vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes.
2. Avoid Dangerous Trans Fats – Health Tip No. 2: Cutting down on consumption of overall fat intake is not enough. It is more critical to keep a watch on types of fat you eat. Avoid saturated fats, deep-fried foods and anything made with hydrogenated oils (margarine, store-bought pastries, cookies), as these contain trans fats that raise your heart disease risk. Instead consume only healthful fat, like omega-3 oils and olive oil, as these guard you against heart disease.
3. Don’t Skip Breakfast – Health Tip No. 3: Try to have your breakfast as soon as possible after waking up in the morning. An early start on eating makes your metabolism revved up throughout the day. Include fiber and protein in your breakfast. For more tips to increase metabolism, read our article How to Increase Your Metabolism.
4. Go For Colorful Diet – Health Tip No. 4: Bright and rich colorful vegetables and fruits are packed with flavonoids and carotenoids, powerful compounds that bind the damaging free radicals in your body, lowering inflammation. Red tomatoes contain lycopene that lowers risk of heart disease and cancer. Colorful, all vegetable salads provide good-for-you phytonutrients that are not available in greens.
5. Natural Fat-Burning Foods – Health Tip No. 5: Include in your diet on regular basis natural fat-burning foods, like cayenne, cinnamon, green tea, hot peepers, ginger, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, citrus fruits (particularly lemon), and apple cider vinegar.
6. Go Green – Health Tip No 6: Switch over from black tea to green tea. Green tea is packed with polyphenols which is believed to be having heart-boosting and cancer preventing properties.
7. Quit Smoking – Health Tip No. 7: Electing not to smoke is, single most health tip to stay young and live longer. Everyone knows smoking is bad for health. It is not only a cause for lung disease but also for lung cancer, COPD and colorectal cancer.
8. Exercise Regularly – Health Tip No. 8: This healthy habit not only lessens the risk of high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, obesity and osteoporosis, but is also beneficial in elevating your general mood and lowering the risk for depression.
9. Strive For Your Optimal Weight – Health Tip No. 9: A healthy weight not only makes you feel better, but cut down on your risk of heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and other major killers. For more best tips on weight control, please read our article on Healthy Eating Tips to Loss Weight.
10. Loss The Belly Fat – Health Tip No. 10: Too much of Belly Fat can lead to high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, heart problem and even bone loss, as it adds to bone marrow and decreases bone density. Your belly parameter should be less than half of your height. If you are 6 feet, it should not be more than 36”. If getting rid of heart problems and diabetes are not enough motivation for you to lose belly fat, think of that for every point your body mass index is over 25, your testosterone drops three percent, which is not very manly. For more tips on How to loss belly fat, read our article on How to Get Rid of Belly Fat for Women.
11. Drink Alcohol In Moderation – Health Tip No. 11: Better is to avoid alcohol, but if you must then drink in moderation. Moderate drinking reduce the risk of heart / coronary artery disease. While one or two drinks (standard size) work as protective, excessive drinking is cause for both physical diseases and social disaster. And for some, even one drink is too much. A point to note is that approximately ten percent of people who start drinking socially become alcoholics with time.
12. Right Amount Of sleep – Health Tip No. 12: Sleep for around seven hours a night. This helps you not only to live longer, but also lessens your stress, sharpens your memory, improves your immune system, and keep important weight-loss hormones in balance (without it, ghrelin rises that makes you hungrier, and leptin is suppressed, so you are not as satisfied by what you eat). Avoid working late night on your computer’s bright screen, as it stimulates your brain and your sleep remain disturbed for very long time after that. If you do not get enough time to sleep at night, consider having a short nap during the day. For those who are having sleeping problems, we recommend them to read article on Natural Sleep Remedies.
13. Avoid Constipation (Health Tip No. 13): Increase your fiber and water intake.
14. Cholesterol And High Blood Pressure (Health Tip No. 14): Get your Cholesterol and blood pressure regularly checked up, as they work as “silent killers”. They silently damage your heart and arteries without showing any symptoms, until it is often too late. Men are at greater risk of a heart attack than women. To keep your heart healthy, go for Heart Healthy Foods.
15. Blood Sugar (Health Tip No. 15): Pre-diabetes is a condition in which sugar is elevated but not enough high to be classified as diabetes. But it is as harmful as diabetes itself. So get your sugar level checked up regularly and start taking care by doing exercises and having a high-fiber, healthy-carb diet to keep your blood sugar in safe range.
16. Love Your Prostate (Health Tip No. 16): This is a men disease. Take care of your prostate by following tips of this article: Tips to Take Care of Your Prostate.
17. Other Best of the Best Health Tips:
- Bring some humor into your life, as laughing eases your stress, lowers blood pressure and increases your social bonding.
- Consume nuts, as they are best source of good fats (omega-3 fatty acids) and protein.
- If your teeth give you company till last, you will enjoy more living your later years. Brushing does not reach and clean total surface of your teeth. Flossing your teeth is not only good for hygiene, but it kills bacteria in-between your teeth which otherwise increases your risk of heart disease.
- Consider doing yoga, as this helps in easing stress, lowering blood pressure, slowing your heart rate.
- Include in your daily schedule some time for meditation / relaxation practice.
- Work towards maintaining happy relationship with your wife / living partner. Men who are happily married have much lower risk of heart disease than those who are single or having unhappy unions.
- Maintain close relationships with your family and friends. Religious ties, playing with pets, anything which keeps you involved with others lessen stress and keeps you healthy.
- Do not face your stress alone, as it makes you grow older. Share your problems with the ones you are comfortable with. With other persons’ love and support your inner aging can be lessen.
- Work up a sweat for just one hour a week. This reduces risk of heart attack, lowers blood pressure and elevates your mood. Consider interval training for this or any other way of exercise that you like.
- Personal finance is number one stress with most people. Stress is not only a cause for short life, but also pushes people towards habits like smoking and drinking. So always try to keep money in a special account for rainy days, so that you live in an emotional comfort zone.
- Fish is big source of protein and contain heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- Cut down on sugary products and drinks.
- Do not watch too much of TV. This is one of the main causes for being over-weight and life-style diseases in your later age.
- Spices like turmeric are very beneficial in many ways, like reducing inflammation, depression, etc.
- Practice safe sex.
- Aerobic exercises (at least three hours in a week) increases blood flow to your brain and conserve your memory as you age.
To start with, we suggest you follow out of the above Men Health Tips, as many as you can, and you will notice significant improvement in your health. As you move ahead, keep on adding rest of the tips into your practice and enjoy a vibrant healthy and long cheerful life.
Useful Related Articles: