Best Selected Health Tips for Women
Women are more prone to health risk than men. They need to take extra care. The earlier they learn natural health tips for women, the more it is better for them.
Women have manifold responsibilities, such as, full time job, taking care of children and household chores. Besides these responsibilities, women go through pregnancy, hormonal changes, menopause phase. All these affect women’s health and looks. Here are natural health tips for women by following which they can not only maintain their good health but good looks also.
Women need extra health care:
Women need to take extra care when they cross the age of 30 years. Ailments which are common in women are depression, anxiety, anemia, osteoporosis, migraine, weight gain and weakness. These ailments start with simple symptoms but if not taken proper care in the beginning itself can cause extreme damage later. Keeping in view women’s busy schedule, we are here suggesting some simple and easy natural health tips for women.
1. Avoid stress: The more you avoid stress, better it is for your mental and physical health.
(i) Develop a hobby. It will divert your attention from stress and save you from having negative thoughts coming to your mind.
(ii) Get a pet. You need to do active chores in maintaining your pets. Like walk the dog, play with cat, or clean a birdcage. These will keep you physically active and contribute in having decreased anxiety, happy mood and lower blood pressure.
(iii) Face-to-face interaction: Social networking, like face book and e-mails are good means to keep in touch, but actually seeing people and interacting with them works as a better stress buster.
(iv) Be happy: Happier types are less likely to fall sick.
2. Sex & Birth Control Actions: Get yourself educated about sex and birth control measures and its side effects.
(i) Treat Orgasm as another vitamin “O”, it release hormones that contribute to your emotional well-being and boost your immune system. Schedule it as per your needs.
(ii) Avoid being unfaithful. If you are not faithful, use condoms. They don’t protect you 100% from all STDs, but they are the best.
(iii) Consult your gynecologist without any delay if you experience any abnormalities in your sexual activities. Don’t self-diagnose, if you have any unusual sex-symptoms, such as any irregularity in mensuration cycle, consult your doctor.
3. Strengthening of bones: Take enough amount of calcium in your diet to save you from osteoporosis, as women are prone to weakening of bones.
4. Take care of your skin: If your skin is healthy and glowing you will feel good and remain in happy mood.
5. Regular health checkup: Have a monthly or yearly medical check-up depending upon your age. It will save you from health problems later in life.
6. Stay fit with regular exercise: Follow an exercise routine depending upon availability of free time. It has many benefits, such as, developing a strong body, reduction in your stress level, make your bones and joints strong.
(i) Get yourself into the habit of exercising. Exercises are easier to do when you are in your twenties than in thirties later, as the metabolism slows down with age.
(ii) Avoid elevators, walk up and down stairs.
(iii) Every activity is an exercise, even brushing your teeth.
(iv) You can also try Pranayama, breathing exercises and Yoga to keep yourself healthy and improve your immune system.
7. Control your weight: This is very essential to avoid many diseases and keep your self- esteem high.
(i) Think in % not in pounds. If you are overweight, losing just 5 to 10 % of your body weight contribute to reducing your health risks.
(ii) Try to feel full with fewer calories. This you can make possible by having foods that contain either higher water, like fruits, vegetables or healthy proteins. Feeling full depends on volume and not calories.
Also follow Healthy eating tips to lose weight.
8. Regular sufficient sleep: A sound sleep is an indication of good health. Plan for a regular sleep schedule. Avoid doing things that require you to be alert and awake at your sleeping time.
(i) Set alarm for the time at which you have to actually wake up. Intruding your sleep cycle to press snooze button will keep you dazed even after extra rest.
(ii) Keep your room dark at sleeping time.
10. Healthy eating habits: Develop following healthy eating habits:
(i) Start your day by eating a big healthy breakfast.
(ii) If you are working take lunch from home instead of eating out.
(iii) Consume more fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, food rich in fiber, seeds, shoots, cereals, lots of multicolored vegetables and fruits.
(iv) Have balanced diet high in proteins and low in fats and carbohydrates. Consume low fat dairy products.
(v) Restrict the consumption of saturated fats, like cheese, red meat, etc.
(iv) Calcium rich diet is also necessary for women as they are prone to suffer from osteoporosis after menopause.
(v) Opt for whole grain foods instead of processed ones.
(vi) Restrict consumption of fried foods and sugary products.
(vii) Reduce consumption of salt. Half of women over 45 years have high blood pressure and sodium consumption contributes to high blood pressure.
(viii) Iron, calcium and vitamin D are very essential for women, so include foods that are rich in them.
(ix) Include lot of berries, as they are rich in vitamin C
(x) Be global while eating. Spices such as cinnamon and turmeric used in Indian and Thai cuisines add flavor and have health benefits, like fighting cancer.
(xi) Never go for crash diet as it can make you depressed. Nourish your body to nourish your mind.
It is suggested to the females that they follow above ten natural health tips for women from an early age to keep them healthy in their later years.