At Home Best Deep Conditioning Treatments
In this article you will find best tips about how to deep condition your hair at home.
How Often To Deep Condition Hair
You need to deep condition your hair once a week to keep your hair nourished to avoid unwanted breakage and split ends. By doing once a week at home deep conditioning treatment between your visits to salon, you can not only maintain health of your hair but save lot of money as well.
For deep hair conditioning, go for a thicker formula hair conditioner. You can find many reputed brands in little pouches as well for one or two dollars. Pick a reputed good one depending upon type of hair you have. You may need two pouches if you have long and thick hair.
Follow the natural beauty tips and steps given below to deep condition hair at home.
1. Choose the Right Hair Conditioner:
(i) Opt for a conditioner that contains natural ingredients and which suits best for your hair type.
(ii) Read the label and directions for use. If they say to leave the conditioner on your hair for 2-5 minutes and rinse, then it is not a deep conditioner. It is a rinse out conditioner which only would coat your hair shaft and not penetrate it. If the condition directions say to leave it on your hair for 15-20 minutes or more, then it is a deep conditioner.
(iii) If you color your hair, choose a conditioner which protects and improves your hair color.
(iv) If you use heating appliances on your hair often, choose one which will work towards giving your hair protection against using such heating appliances.
2. Shampoo your Hair: Gently wash your hair thoroughly with a shampoo of your choice. Rinse your hair thoroughly. Read here a best article about How to Wash Your Hair. Pat dry your hair gently with a soft towel to absorb all the extra moisture.
Caution: Use warm water for washing your hair. Do not use hot water for deep conditioning treatment.
3. Apply Conditioner: Apply the conditioner evenly all through your hair beginning from the hairline near the forehead to the ends. Slowly and gently comb the conditioner throughout your hair from roots till ends with the help of a wide toothed comb. As your hair are wet, do not pull comb with force otherwise your hair will break off. Slowly try to untangle your hair.
4. Relax: Massage your scalp very mildly for a while, as your scalp gets dry too and needs moisture as much. Relax with conditioner on your hair for at least 15-20 minutes or for the indicated time as per the directions on the deep conditioner label. If you like, you can cover all of your hair and head with a plastic bag or cap.
Caution: To deep condition hair at home, 15-20 minutes time is not enough for every one’s hair. Your hair need may be more than that. So with practice you will come to know how much time your hair need for deep conditioner to stay on. You should deep condition your hair until you feel that it has absorbed enough moisture. If your hair is super dry you may need overnight hair deep conditioning.
5. Rinse with clean cool water: Rinse your hair preferably with cool water, until the water runs clear with no traces of conditioner. The cool water will help in closing your hair shaft, trapping the moisture from the conditioner inside your hair. Use as much cool water as you are comfortable with and if not, then you may rinse your hair with warm water, but not with hot water.
6. Towel Dry your Hair: After thorough rinsing, towel dry your hair or blow dry at cool setting. Do not rub towel vigorously.
For best results follow above natural beauty tips and steps about “deep conditioning hair” once a week. You will not only have silky and smooth hair, but also save a lot of money by giving to your hair at home deep conditioning treatment.
Useful Related Articles: Getting Rid of Split Ends.