Hey, you ardent beauty lovers – are you desperately trying to have natural glow on your skin? Yes, yes…. I know most of you are well aware of the basic CTM approach of skin care… Cleanser-Toner-Moisturizer. And then there are many who try every new face wash, sunscreen, anti-ageing cream that hits the market. As if dry skin and dead skin, oily skin and patchy skin weren’t enough – we now have combination skin! Confused? Take my words; there are no short cuts.
1o Natural Best Ways To Get Glowing Skin
Lucky for you, we’ve rounded up experts’ daily 10 top skin care tips that can get the natural glow on your skin; the oomph factor! Excited, read on!
1. Apply Aloe Vera Gel Daily: Aloe Vera is great for every skin type. The acids in aloe eat away at dead skin cells and speed up the healing process. Your skin will glow, become smooth, soft and clear if you use aloe vera gel daily. Smooth a little bit of pure aloevera gel onto your skin each day. Preferably, cut the end off of an aloe leaf, split it open and spread the gel over your face or buy a good quality gel from a drug-store or online.
2. Vitamin C For Naturally Glowing Skin: It is a great antioxidant and helps in fighting the signs of ageing. It promotes production of collagen in the skin, making it feel supple and look youthful with natural glow. Good sources of vitamin C are citric fruits such as orange, sweet lime, lemon, grapes, mangoes and other fruits like guava, kiwi. Vegetables such as red peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, cucumber and tomatoes are also abundant in Vitamin C.
Natural Beauty Tip: Drink plenty of fresh lemon juice every day.
3. Exfoliate To Make Your Skin Glow: As you grow old, your body gets slower to shed skin cells and generate new ones. Old skin cells gather on the surface of your skin and make it look rough, dry, and dull. Exfoliation not only keeps your skin clean, but also opens the way for moisturizing products to penetrate more deeply into the skin, which makes them work more effective. For men, exfoliation cleans and exposes their beard hair follicles resulting into reduction of ingrown hairs, so men can use it as a perfect pre-shave treatment.
Natural Beauty Tip: Use a natural loofah daily to keep your skin rejuvenated and young looking. While you’re in the shower, gently scrub bumpy or scaly skin with a circular motion to remove dead skin cells.
4. Take Multivitamins Daily: Certain vitamins, like vitamins C, A and B are vital for preventing and reversing many signs of skin aging. A well-balanced diet is important, of course—eating a variety of healthy foods helps keep skin supple and glowing. But the fact is, your body can absorb only a certain percentage of vitamins from the foods you eat. A practical way to get them all is not only to eat healthily, but take a daily multivitamins supplement too.
5. Choose Moisturizer According To Season: When the seasons change, you should also change your facial moisturizer; in the winter your skin needs a heavier cream, and in warmer months you require a thinner lotion or serum. A way to remember this is that when it’s time to wear a heavy coat, it’s time to look for a heavier moisturizer. When you swap your coats for t-shirts, your skin too needs a lighter one.
6. Cook With Garlic Every Day To Get Natural Glow On Your Skin: It is rich in a sulphur compound called allicin, which makes skin smoother and younger-looking. Studies have shown over the years that using garlic in the daily diet expands the lifespan of skin cells, thereby leaving the skin looking youthful and naturally glowing for years. According to a Danish study in 1996 it was observed that skin cells grown in a culture dish and treated with garlic had seven times the lifespan of cells grown in standard culture. They also tended to look healthier and more youthful than untreated cells. Above all, garlic increases blood flow throughout and gives it a wonderful natural glow.
7. Sun Protection: Nothing can do more long-term damage to your skin than the sun exposure which is a proven cause of premature aging, dark spots and age spots and even skin diseases.
(i) The sun’s rays are the strongest between 10am and 4pm. Avoid stepping out during this time. If you must step out, wear a light fabric that’ll keep you cool, wear sunglasses and a wide brimmed hat to protect your face, especially the T-zone i.e. the most sensitive part of your face.
(ii) Golden Rule: Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB rays having an SPF of 30 or higher, even on cloudy days. Reapply your sunscreen every 2-3 hours while you’re outdoors.
8. Use Natural Makeup Remover Before You Sleep At Night: The skin renews itself while you sleep, and when you leave makeup on, you are preventing that from happening, rather your skin lose natural glow over time. The best way to remove make is to use natural makeup removers. Read here for the best natural makeup removers .
9. Eat Your Way To Glowing Skin: Good nutrition is a fundamental building block for glowing, healthy skin. A healthy, balanced diet helps do everything from boosting the pace of exfoliation to protect skin from the UV damage that causes brown spots and wrinkles. The recipe for perfect complexion begins with a well-rounded diet of healthy fats, sufficient protein, and lots of fruits and veggies. Include in your diet these skin friendly power foods that feed your skin in beautiful ways.
10. Choose Cosmetics Carefully: Select cosmetics that are meant for your skin type – whether skin is dry, oily or sensitive could greatly impact how the product interacts with your skin. When purchasing cosmetics read the labels to find the active ingredients. If there are ingredients that are unfamiliar, look them up to find out how they work. Choose beauty moisturizers and creams that contain at least SPF 30 because they will help maintain youthful looking skin.
Overall mantra is to keep your beauty products simple, particularly if you have sensitive skin. Never buy anything with color or fragrance, or anything that produces bubbles.
If you have any question, please don’t hesitate to ask under the comments below.