Best Tips On How To Get Rid Of Blackheads Fast At Home
Are you struggling to find out how to get rid of Blackheads overnight? Are the blackheads causing you embarrassment? Read this article to find out the ways for getting rid of blackheads at home and to learn the best treatments for blackhead removal to have flawless skin on your face, nose and forehead.
What are Blackheads?
Blackheads occur among both women and men of all ages. They are just pimples, as small as the tips of the pins, which do not have skin over them. As such they are in direct contact with the air, therefore their top layer oxidizes and turn them into darkish black color. They are likely to occur at the areas of your body where you have over-active oil glands, such as on your face around the nose, forehead and chin, arms, chest and back.
What causes Blackheads?
Blackheads are caused by:
(i) The main cause for blackheads is blockage of the sebaceous glands. Sebaceous glands are located near the surface of the skin. They are very sensitive to hormonal changes and any hormonal change (like during puberty, menstrual cycle and pregnancy) can cause an increase in the making of sebum, which results into an increased risk of blackheads. They excrete an oily substance known as sebum. When the sebum gets mixed with the dead skin cells and come in contact with air, they get oxidized and turn into darkish black color.
(ii) The buildup of dirt and oil on the surface of the skin due to the excess use of cosmetics, or if the skin is not cleaned properly.
A word of caution is not to pop your blackheads with your hands, as that will aggravate your problem, causing pimples, infection and even scarring.
Ways To Get Rid of Blackheads Home Remedies
The best way to get rid of blackheads is to learn and follow good skin care practices to prevent blackheads. And even if blackheads appear on your skin, do not worry; you can remove blackheads successfully by following the “How Do You Get Rid of Blackheads Fast” tips outlined below:
1. Skin Care Daily Routine For Getting Rid Of Blackheads At Home : Follow the skin care routine outlined below to help you in controlling your blackheads and for best treatment for blackhead removal:
(i) Face Wash: Use face wash daily, twice a day (ideally in the morning and at night before bed time), to keep the dirt, dead skin cells, and other rubbish cleaned out off your pores. This will keep your blackheads and acne under control.
(ii) Cleansers: Use cleansers with ingredients like salicylic acid, alpha hydroxyl or lactic acid to dissolve dirt and oil and unclog your pores. This will help in removing dirt, dead skin, bacteria from the skin and will result in removal of blackheads .
(iii) Wipe off your make-up at night: Use cleanser after you have wiped off your make-up at night.
(iv) Facial Exfoliating Scrub: Use a facial exfoliating scrub – that contains salicylic acid, alpha hydroxy, lactic acid or some sort of gentle exfoliating beads – 2-3 times in a week. Salicylic acid is very useful in getting rid of blackheads, as it goes into your pores to clean out the excess oil and dead skin cells that make up blackheads.
(v) Gentle Exfoliating Scrub: If your skin is highly prone to blackheads and other forms of acne, consider using a gentle exfoliating scrub every day. Do not use harsh abrasive body scrubs on your face as it can do more harm than good, since some oil is naturally needed on the skin’s surface to keep it supple and healthy.
(vi) Facial Peels / Peeling Mask: You can use a weekly facial mask or if required use facial peels every other day while showering. These are helpful in removing dead skin cells, pulling excess oils from your pores and some are even strong enough to remove blackheads.
(vii) Moisturizer: Finish your daily skin care routine with an oil free moisturizer to compensate for the moisture that may have been taken away from your skin while cleansing and exfoliating.
(viii) Check your makeup: Do not apply more makeup to cover blackheads, as this will aggravate your blackheads problem.
2. Clay Mask once a week, a very good tip about how to get rid of blackheads at home: This is for those who have oily skin. Oily skin aggravates occurrence of blackheads. A good quality clay mask will help in absorbing excess oil, keeping your pores clearer and will contribute in removing blackheads. Do not use Clay Mask more than once a week, as this will over-dry your skin leading to even more problems. For more tips on oily skin, follow our Natural Beauty Tips for Oily Skin.
3. Exfoliating with baking soda: Exfoliating with baking soda is one of the most effective home remedies for minimizing the appearance of blackheads. Although, you can use cleansers, brushes and sponges to gently cleanse blocked pores, but if you have baking soda in your pantry then we suggest you use it for exfoliating. Baking soda is often used in microdermabrasion, an exfoliating technique that can help in minimizing blackheads if done regularly. Combine it with clean water to make a gentle scrubbing paste for getting rid of blackheads. Alternatively, you can use apple cider vinegar (ACV) in place of water. ACV works as an astringent and anti-bacterial agent that also cleanses plugged pores.
4. Salicylic and Glycolic Acid: The best way to break down oil in blocked pores is by using beta-hydroxy acid (salicylic) or combination peels containing salicylic acid. It acts as lipophilic and works by attracting to fat/oils and then concentrating at the surface of the pore to dissolve the plugs. Regular use will prevent the blackheads before they develop and help cleaning existing clogged pores. Moreover, glycolic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid which is obtained from sugar cane, helps in removing dead skin and debris on the surface. These two work well in unison.
5. Squeeze out blackheads, but do it the right way to get rid of blackheads overnight: Blackhead is one situation where you can pick on your face to get rid of blackheads instantly (Do not do it in case of acne or pimples. To treat your acne, follow our Home Remedies for Acne.
(i) Wash your face thoroughly with a gentle cleanser.
(ii) Give steam to your face to open pores. Lean over a bowl of hot water with a towel placed over your head for a few minutes. Alternatively, cover your face with a warm, wet cloth for 10-15 minutes.
(iii) Pat your face dry.
(iv) Make sure your hands are clean, and then wrap tissues around your fingers.
(v) Gently press down then up around the sides of the blackhead. If it does not come out after one or two tries, leave it. This means blackhead is deeply imbedded and is not ready to come out yet. Do not force the blackhead to come out as this can aggravate problem, damage your skin and might also lead to scarring.
6. Blackheads Pore Strip to get rid of blackhead overnight: We do not recommend Blackheads strip to get rid of blackheads because they are unable to remove entire blackheads, which are stuck deep in your pores and thus leave behind traces of dirt, bacteria and dead skin cells in the pores. This can result into occurrence of more blackheads. However, if you wish to use this method to remove blackheads instantly as a short term solution, you simply remove the strip from the package, wet the affected area and apply the strip thereto. Keep it there for the specified time as given in the directions, and then peel the strip off. You can see the blackheads removed on the surface of the strip.
7. Blackheads Extractor for getting rid of blackheads overnight: A word of caution is to use Blackheads extractor properly, as otherwise it can cause damage to your skin instead of helping. First clean your skin thoroughly and then use a hot wet washcloth (as much hot as with which you are comfortable) to gently press onto your skin for 1-2 minutes to open the pores. Take a blackhead extractor and press the end with the opening over the blackhead carefully. Apply a small amount of pressure only and if the blackhead does not come out, stop the process. Try it again after 2-3 days. After removing the blackheads with extractor, rinse your face with warm water, and thereafter place a cloth soaked with cold water onto your face for some 2-3 minutes so as to close the pores.
8. Effective Natural Beauty Tips About How To Remove Blackheads: Lemon is a natural alpha hydroxyl and can exfoliate your skin naturally, like salicylic acid does. Lemon also helps in reducing your dead skin cells that stick to your skin so that you do not develop blackheads. Here is process on how to to use lemon juice on your skin to reduce occurrence of the blackheads on nose, face and forehead and other forms of acne:
(i) Mix five tablespoons of lemon juice with two tablespoons of water.
(ii) Clean your hands, dip your fingers into the mixture and apply the mixture onto your face, forehead and nose and other affected areas. Take care so that the lemon mixture does not get into your eyes.
(iii) Massage the mixture gently over your skin, particularly the affected areas on your face where you are having blackheads.
(iv) Wash of your face thoroughly, so that you don’t irritate your skin by having the lemon liquid on your face for too long.
9. How To Prevent Occurrence Of Blackheads Home Remedies:
(i) If your hair is oily, it can cause problems on your face. Keep your hair off your face to the extent possible, as otherwise grease/oil from your hair can slowly get onto your face and clog up the skin pores. For oily hair, also follow our Oily Hair Remedies.
(ii) Make it a habit to drink more water instead of sodas and other sugary drinks.
(iii) Include in your diet fiber, fruits, vegetables, antioxidants, Vitamin A and lean proteins like fish.
Follow the above outlined tips on How To Get Rid of Blackheads on face, forehead and nose, so as to have a clear, charming and glowing face with flawless skin.
Other useful related topics: