What Causes Dark circles under eyes: The skin around your eyes has no oil glands and is made of fine texture. This skin is very fragile and thinner than almost rest of all your face. So it needs special care to handle skin around eyes, otherwise any lack of care would reflect signs of neglect, aging, stress and internal health around your eyes in the form of dark circles.
Other causes of dark circles can be hereditary factors, sickness, lack of sleep, diet poor in nutrients, etc. So in addition to external treatments, it is equally important to understand these aspects to ascertain dark circles under eyes cause(s) and apply appropriate dark circle treatment.
Due to the above causes, the dark circles around eyes are more common in older people. However, sometimes they appear at an early age as well.
How Do You Get Rid Of Dark Circles Naturally ?
Here are some best home remedies for dark circles to reduce dark circles around your eyes.
(1) Cucumber Juice: Apply it daily around the eyes and let it remain there for 15 minutes and then rinse the area with plain water.
(2) If you are having puffiness along with dark circles, the remedy is to mix potato juice and cucumber juice in equal quantities and apply it and follow the procedure as in (1) above.
(3) Make two thick square pads of cotton wool. Soak them with cucumber juice or rose water. Lie down and place these two soaked pads over your closed eyes. Keep them there for 15 minutes and then rinse with plain water.
Alternatively, you can use teabags instead of the eye pads.
(4) Tomato juice is also known to lighten the dark circles and skin color.
(5) Having a compress of cold water or cold milk directly over closed eye lids for 15-20 minutes also help in case you are having puffiness along with dark circles.
(6) Use an eye cream for dark circles which has specifically been formulated for the areas under the eyes. Do not use heavy creams. A dark circle under eye cream containing almonds is not only good because it nourishes your skin, but also as it has a lightening effect on the skin color tone. But to see positive results you have to use it consistently over a period of time.
The caution is to apply the cream as prescribed and never left it on the area around the eyes overnight.
(7) Never apply normal facial masks around the eyes.
(8) As the skin around your eyes is very thin and delicate, so take care to remove make up or apply cream there with gentle movements so that you don’t pull or stretch the skin in any way.
(9) Another natural beauty tip to remove dark circles under eyes is to go for a nutritious and balanced diet comprising of salads, fruits, sprouts, and yogurt. Also include in your diet unprocessed cereals, skimmed milk, lentils, beans and cottage cheese.
(10) Try to live a stress free life. Sleep around eight hours a day. Relaxation is also important. You can practice meditation or deep breathing.
(11) Do exercises daily to improve blood circulation and oxygenation.
Try above tips to get rid of dark circles around eyes to look fresh and healthy.
Useful Related Articles: