How To Lighten Skin Tone – Skin Lightening Treatment and Tips
If you are concerned about your uneven tone complexion or pigmentation spots on your face, you have come to the right place. In this article you will find tips about how to lighten skin naturally.
By following our skin lightening tips you can get even tone skin complexion with lighter and brighter skin. We will tell you about skin lightening tips that can actually make a difference.
Natural Skin Lightening Tips: There are many day to day use items available in your kitchen which you can use to brighten and enlighten your skin, such as lemons, buttermilk, egg whites and dried herbs. These you can use to lighten skin naturally and remove a tan while brightening your skin.
1. Limit exposing your skin to direct sunlight: Apply sunscreen with 20 SPF + to protect your skin from sun’s ultra violet rays. You can also use moisturizers and other beauty products containing 20 SPF +. This will lighten your skin over time. But be careful you need Vitamin D also and Sunlight is an excellent source of Vitamin D. So balance out your exposure to sunlight.
2. Does Lemon Juice Lighten Skin – Yes, you can use Lemon Juice to lighten skin. It is packed with citric and ascorbic acid which are excellent source of Vitamin C. Both these two have skin lightening properties also.
How to lighten skin with lemon:
(a) Cut a lemon into two halves and buff it gently onto your face and neck. Rinse your face after 10 -15 minutes. Do it regularly and see your skin lightening up day by day.
(b) Mix small quantity of lemon juice with a bit of yogurt. Apply it once a day. It works as good mild bleach.
(c) Mix equal parts of lemon juice and egg whites. Heat the mixture in a small pan over low heat till the mixture thickens. Cool it in a small jar and keep it in your refrigerator. Apply this mixture onto your face and neck and keep it for 15 – 20 minutes and then rinse off and see your skin brightening day by day. This also works well to remove a sun tan.
(d) Another way is to mix one tsp. of lemon juice with the one tsp. of honey which has soothing properties to get an effective skin lightening solution. Gently massage and leave on your skin for 15 – 20 minutes, and then wash of.
Caution: While using lemon juice, avoid the eyes. If the lemon juice mixture is too irritating, add the other combination ingredient to dilute lemon juice
3. Does Milk Lighten Skin – Yes, you can lighten skin with Milk. When you apply it topically, the lactic acid in milk works to gradually diminish the skin pigmentation leading to brighten complexion.
How to lighten skin with Milk:
(i) Soak one slice of lemon in 1/2 cup of whole milk for about 15 minutes. Rub the milk onto your skin and leave it overnight. Wash your skin thoroughly in the morning.
(ii) Pour any milk into a bowl. Preferably use goat’s or cow’s milk. Even better is buttermilk, as it has extra benefit to make your skin supple and smooth.
(a) Soak a soft cloth in the milk. Make it sure to wring out the milk, so that the wash cloth is not dripping.
(b) Buff the milk onto your face and neck with the above wash cloth. Keep refreshing the washcloth with the milk when it dries out. Rinse it of after 15-20 minutes or better is to apply at night and leave it onto your skin overnight. You will start noticing that your skin is lightening up after few weeks.
Better way is to soak one slice of lemon into the bowl of milk and use it after 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Chamomile Flowers: Add three teaspoons of dried chamomile flowers into one cup of boiling water and let it soaked for 10 minutes. Strain the herbs from the solution. Add one tbsp. each of rose water and honey. Apply this onto your skin and rinse it of after 15-20 minutes. Any excess solution left can be kept in your refrigerator.
5. Lemon-Turmeric Cream: An effective way to lighten the skin is to use lemon-turmeric cream in treating dark patches on the body, such as on the inner thighs, elbows and knees and other areas and leave it on for 10 – 15 minutes and then rinse off with water. Both the ingredients, lemon and turmeric have bleaching properties to lighten your skin.
6. Gram Flour / Chickpea Flour and turmeric powder with Olive Oil: Blend the finely grounded grams flour or chickpea flour and face turmeric with olive oil. Apply this paste onto your skin and rinse off after 15-20 minutes.
7. Does Vitamin C lighten Skin – Yes Vitamin C lightens Skin: Vitamin C is an excellent anti-oxidant and has been shown in many studies that it helps in lightening the skin. Lemon juice is an excellent source of Vitamin C and you can make homemade skin lighteners with Lemon Juice, as mentioned above.
If you are using skin whitening creams, don’t leave them on your skin for too long. Their chemical ingredients can damage / irritate your skin. Follow the directions printed on the label.
Follow above tips about how to lighten skin naturally and get even tone complexion with lighter and brighter skin.
Useful Related Articles: