I was having oily hair problem a few years back. Often I worried about – how do I prevent oily hair?
I experimented a lot with every kind of shampoo and conditioner available in the market to sort out my oily hair problem, but I could not prevent my hair from getting oily again for long after washing my hair.
As a last resort, I consulted my doctor who warned me that daily usage of shampoo on hair on the other hand dehydrate our hair. To rehydrate it our scalp produces more oil which makes the oily hair problem even worst. After charging me hefty fee, my doctor gave me seven tips to remedy my oily hair which I am going to share with you in this article here. I hope you will be benefitted like me a lot in preventing your oily hair problem.
Seven Ways to Prevent Oily Hair:
1. Stop combing your hair extensively with your hands: The first thing you do is to stop combing your hair too often with your hands, as this leads to spreading of oil from your scalp to hair which will not only make your hair look oily but can cause acne break out also when you touch your face with oily hands.
2. Avoid washing your hair daily: Instead of solving your oily hair problem, daily washing of your hair will make it worse. The more often you shampoo your hair, the more oil your scalp will produce to rehydrate your hair.
So the experts advise instead of daily washing your hair, skip a day or two. Soon your scalp and hair will adjust to it and oil production by your scalp will stabilize.
Another harm which the daily shampooing will do is to strip natural oil off your hair resulting into overproduction of sebum which is waterproof and will weaken your hair.
3. Rinse your hair with this homemade vinegar mixture with tea and lemon juice: Mix vinegar, tea and diluted lemon juice and apply this mixture onto your hair to prevent oily hair. This mixture contains tannic acid which acts as a natural astringent and will leave your hair clean and oil free. To avoid the odor, use a fruity shampoo which will make your hair smell good.
4. Acidic Rinse with white vinegar: Mix two tablespoons of white vinegar with a cup of water and apply this solution on your hair and scalp. As in (4) above, remember to use a fruity shampoo thereafter and rinse your hair thoroughly with water to make your hair smell good, in case you don’t like vinegar odor.
5. Tea: Tea contains tannic acid which acts as an astringent. Rinse your hair with diluted tea to cure your oily hair.
6. Home-made effective shampoo for oily hair: Add one tablespoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of aloe vera Gel into shampoo of your choice. Blend this mixture well. Wash your hair with this shampoo mixture and then rinse off your hair thoroughly.
7. Brush your hair more often: Another remedy for oily hair is to brush your hair more often to spread the oil throughout your hair.