Best Tips for How To Prevent Wrinkles To Look Young
Do you want to have a wrinkles free skin. I will outline in this article best natural beauty tips about how to prevent wrinkles naturally before age and keep your skin young.
Your skin loses moisture and elasticity as you grow old, making it prone to wrinkles. This is a natural process. No one can avoid this. But with proper care you can slow down this process. While you may require a visit to Dermatologist in some cases and he will offer you many ways for preventing or slowing down the wrinkling process, including creams, chemical peels, and botox. But there are many things you can do on your own to prevent wrinkles naturally.
Tips For Preventing Wrinkles
1. Lighten up your life and avoid stress: The simple rule about how to prevent wrinkles is “don’t worry, be happy”. Have happy relationships and be positive about your life. Stress is one of the main causes for wrinkles. Excessive, exaggerated facial expressions like frowns and grimaces or an anxious, aggressive attitude can lead to more creases and creases eventually turn into wrinkles. So try to do away with frowning, eyebrow raising, and squinting. Keep your mind and body busy by doing something productive or exercising or by having a hobby.
2. Get adequate sleep: Lack of sleep trigger the release of a stress hormone, cortisol, that breaks down skin cells and make your skin drier and more susceptible to infection and sunlight. On the other hand if you have adequate sleep, your system will produce Human Growth Hormone, which helps skin to remain thick, more elastic and less likely to get wrinkles. Conclusion is to get about eight hours of quality sleep every night and this is a very effective tip about how to prevent wrinkles before time.
3. Sleep on your back: Habit of sleeping on your side increases wrinkles on your cheek and chin and habit of sleeping face-down leads to furrowed brow. To prevent wrinkles try to sleep on your back.
4. Avoid too much sun exposure to get rid of wrinkles: One of the main causes of getting wrinkles on your skin is too much direct sun exposure. Studies have shown that the sibling who has less direct sun exposure get fewer wrinkles and look younger than the one who has more direct sun exposure. But you have to limit your sun exposure and not totally avoid it, as you need vitamin D also which you get from the sun and is absorbed through skin. This is another good tip about how to prevent wrinkles.
5. Sunscreens: I am not advising you to skip all the beach parties and barbeque invites and miss having all the fun. Solution is that whenever you go out into direct sunlight for an extended period of time and wherever possible, apply sunscreen on your face and body. You can also wear a sun hat. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a SPF of about 30 to shield you against ultraviolet A and ultraviolet B (UVA and UVB) radiation from the sun. Especially go for sunscreens that contain vitamin E or isoflavones to strengthen your skin barrier by helping to regenerate collagen.
6. Moisturizer: Dehydrated skin is more prone to wrinkles. Rub a moisturizer on your face and body after you get out of shower to keep your skin tight and smooth. It is not necessary to go after anti-aging products. Even a simple oil free moisturizer can do the trick to keep your skin healthy and prevent wrinkles. You can also apply a more natural one, namely, milk cream before sleeping at night.
7. Keep yourself hydrated to get rid of wrinkles: To keep a wrinkle free skin, you have to keep yourself hydrated inside too. Drink about eight glasses of water every day. This will help in keeping your skin hydrated and in bringing back some of your skin’s elasticity that may have been lost in aging process. Another good natural tip on how to prevent wrinkles..
8. Watch on alcohol consumption: Have moderate alcohol consumption as it leads to de-hydration. Binge and heavy drinking will leave marks on your face. Drink lots of water in between your alcoholic drinks.
9. Antioxidants: UV rays when absorbed by our skin produce free radicals. These free radicals may latch onto your DNA and cause mutations that lead to wrinkles. Antioxidants defend your body against free radicals. So include in your diet every day a variety of deep-colored fruits and vegetables. Also eat nuts and legumes. Use creams or moisturizers that contain antioxidants. Studies have been done on effects of consuming antioxidants and it has been found that some antioxidants not only defend from damage by free radicals, but also can help in reversing the damage.
10. Antioxidant Beverages: Some beverages work as antioxidant. Among them are green and white tea which are superior in delivering antioxidants and have potential for preventing wrinkles. However, in black tea antioxidants are diminished by oxidation due to the fermentation process used to make black tea, so avoid black tea.
11. Eat more fish for Omega – 3 fats and oils: The fats and oils like Omega-3 fatty acids are very helpful in preventing wrinkles. Oily fish like salmon, tuna, herring and sardines are great source of not only protein (protein help in building skin) but of omega-3 fatty acids also which help in nourishing your skin and keep it plump and youthful. Amongst vegetarian sources of Omega-3 fatty acids are almonds, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds and oil.
12. Avoid Smoking To Get Rid Of Wrinkles: Puffing at cigarettes or cigars contributes to developing wrinkles, especially on your face and hands. The nicotine and other sickening chemicals present in cigarettes and cigars tend to narrow the blood vessels on the outer layer of the skin and decrease the oxygen flow and blood circulation. Reduction in oxygen flow and blood circulation makes skin to loose elasticity and contribute in development of wrinkles. Moreover smoking damage collgen which also contribute in developing wrinkles.
13. Don’t squint, wear specs: Any repetitive facial expressions, such as, squinting overworks facial muscles and contribute in forming creases beneath the skin’s surface. These creases in time convert into wrinkles.
14. Use sunglasses:Wearing sunglasses not only helps in avoiding squinting which directly contributes to wrinkles formation but also shield the delicate skin around your eyes from the direct sunlight.
15. Don’t over-wash your face: Tap water disrobes your skin of its natural barrier oils and moisture against wrinkles. So firstly, use soap that contains moisturizer and secondly don’t over-wash your face.
16. Exercises: Exercises are not only good to keep your heart healthy, weight under control, overall health, but they also help your skin to retain its vitality. Exercises increase the shielding power of outer and inner layer of your skin which help in preventing wrinkles
17. Apply from outside: Retinoids applications are found to be effective in treating and preventing wrinkles, especially those around your eyes and forehead. Apply a retinol cream to your face daily at night.
Start following above selected natural beauty tips about How To Prevent Wrinkles naturally to look young and smart.
If your wrinkles are stubborn or occur before time and do not go away even after following above natural beauty tips for preventing wrinkles, you need to visit your Dermatologist.
Useful Related Topics: