All of us long for a head full of healthy thick hair, regardless of our sex. Since ancient times the coconut oil is being used as a very effective natural hair conditioner. Coconut oil not only improves your hair cuticles and scalp health, but actually repairs your damaged hair also. Its antifungal properties help in preventing hair dandruff and contribute to healthy hair growth.
By using coconut oil on hair, you can protect and moisturize your scalp leading to fostering of healthy hair growth. Actually it is one of the most effective natural hair conditioner. It is one of the essential hair oils that are effective for all types. Go for pure, unrefined and virgin coconut oil, which is ideal choice for all your hair needs.
The natives of coastal and tropical regions have known the valuable properties of using coconut oil in hair for thousands of years that is why they have a head full of shiny and thick hair.
In this article you will find benefits of using Coconut oil on hair and also how to use coconut oil on your hair to have a healthy and shiny thick hair growth :
1. Moisture is vital for healthy hair. By using coconut oil on hair, you can seal in the moisture. It penetrates the hair shaft to help in guarding your hair against environmental pollutants and excess heat.
2. Protect hair protein: Fatty acids have the property to fasten to the protein in the hair to shield both the strands and roots of the hair against breakage. Coconut oil contains lauric acid, which is very effective in preventing hair breakage and leading to thick hair growth.
3. Stimulate blood circulation: Messaging coconut oil on hair stimulates blood circulation in scalp and heighten nutrient and oxygen distribution to your hair.
4. Coconut oil is a rich source of natural antioxidants and nutrients. It supplies to your hair the essential resources to provide luster, shine and softness. In addition it contains vitamin E, vitamin K and iron to boost hair growth. Further it helps in removing dandruff from your hair.
5. Coconut oil has both antifungal and antibacterial properties to fight bacterial elements. So it is helpful in guarding your hair against dandruff, lice and insect bites. As these problems can limit the hair growth, so the use of coconut oil is recommended to promote healthy hair growth.
6. Since the coconut oil has tendency to penetrate deep into hair follicles, so it is helpful in stimulating hair growth and slowing down hair loss.
How to use coconut oil for healthy hair growth:
It is advised that you avoid coconut oil with additives. Only use pure organic virgin coconut oil without additives and impurities for healthy thick hair growth. Use unrefined coconut oil instead of a refined one.
1. Coconut oil is thick and in semisolid form, so before using coconut oil on hair you need to warm it a little. We advise you to not use a microwave for this purpose, as it can harm and change the chemical structure of the oil. One way to warm it is to immerse the coconut oil jar bottle in warm water to melt the oil.
2. Damp your hair thoroughly with warm water.
3. Place one tablespoon of warm coconut oil into your hand. Massage it directly to the roots of your hair by using your fingers. The rule of thumb is that for shoulder length hair, you would need to massage about one tablespoon of coconut oil and for longer hair you need up to two table spoons of the oil.
You can also apply it from roots till the ends of your hair. Use comb to help distribute the oil evenly throughout your hair.
Sometimes you may just like to condition your hair ends only, rather than the roots. If such is a case, then apply the coconut oil to the ends of your hair only. Massage it with your hands.
4. Massage your scalp for about 3 to 4 minutes to get the maximum benefits. It will stimulate the blood circulation in your scalp. Don’t get disappointed when a few strands of hair fall out, as this a normal phenomenon during massaging your scalp.
5. Take a shower cap and cover your hair with it. Allow the coconut oil to work its charm.
6. Let the coconut oil sit on your scalp for at least thirty minutes. The longer you keep the coconut oil in your hair, the more conditioned your hair will be. If you can, then leaving the coconut oil on your scalp overnight would give you the best results. Keep your head covered overnight in this case to avoid mess.
7. Gently wash your hair with sulfate and preservative free shampoo. As the coconut oil itself works as a hair conditioner, so you would not require any conditioner.
Follow above seven steps procedure, once a week, to have soft, shiny and healthy hair growth.