Are you spending too much on branded hair care products and not getting the desired results that you see on TV ads? It is quite possible, because the TV ads are excessively exaggerated, as their main aim is to lure customers.
But the reality is far different. Instead of spending too much on expensive hair care products like shampoos and conditioners, best is to go natural way to get great healthy hair. We share here the natural ways for hair care. Include these simple and easy natural hair care tips in your daily hair care regimen to impart luster and shine to your hair, and show off your hair like the models flaunt their hair!!
Natural Hair Care At Home
1. Cleanliness Is The First Mantra: The most common reason for unhealthy hair is dandruff and itchy scalp. Therefore, keep your hair in good clean conditions for healthy and beautiful hair.
2. Avoid Washing Your Hair With Hot Water: Too hot water strips protective natural oils from your hair and will not only damage the tips of your hair, but will make your hair dry and brittle as well. Therefore, wash your hair with cool water or the water at room temperature or which is just a bit warmer than your body temperature.
Natural Hair Care Recipes
3. Eggs To Condition Your Hair: Use entire egg to treat and condition your hair. For moisturizing dry and brittle hair this is one of the best natural hair remedies. Beat one or two entire eggs into a consistent mixture and apply to clean, damp hair, leaving it there for about 20 minutes and finally wash with cool water.
4. Honey For Shiny Soft Hair: Mix one to two tablespoons of honey with three to four tablespoons of your favorite hair conditioner (depending upon volume and length of your hair). Apply this mixture evenly on to your wet hair, leaving it there for about 30 minutes. Finish with washing it off thoroughly. This is a natural way to close down your hair’s cuticles and make your hair look soft and shiny.
5. Bottle Gourd Hair Therapy: This is a natural way to avert gray hair and premature hair loss. Bottle Gourd is also believed to thicken and improve general conditions of hair, causing it to grow healthier. Extract some bottle gourd juice (by blending a bottle gourd and then strain it to extract the juice). Apply it into your hair, starting from hair roots to ends. Keep the solution on your hair for 30-40 minutes and wash it out gently.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse For Bouncy Hair: Include apple cider rinse in your hair care regimen by mixing 1 part of it with 1 part of warm water. Apply this mixture after shampooing, leaving it on your hair for up to 5 minutes, and then rinsing it out thoroughly to get rid of the apple cider smell. You can use this natural hair care treatment at home once a week or as needed.
7. Baking Soda Treatment: Baking soda can be used to cleanse your hair when mixed with water, shampoo or conditioner. A baking soda hair wash cleans out excess shampoo and styling products, removes impurities and cleans your hair better than many expensive hair products on the market.
(i) Baking Soda Hair Rinse: Mix 1 part of baking soda and 3 parts of water. Let it dissolve completely, and then apply to your scalp and hair. You can either use it after your regular shampoo or even in place of it.
(ii) Baking Soda Conditioner: Mix 1 part of baking soda with 3 parts of your favorite conditioner. Mix them thoroughly and apply it smoothly onto your hair. Let it sit (covered with shower cap) for about 10 minutes and then rinse it off thoroughly.
8. Protein Rich Homemade Hair Conditioner: This is a natural treatment using yogurt and eggs to get shiny and soft hair.
Take 1/2 cup yogurt or depending upon your hair length you can increase or decrease the quantity. Yogurt is a gentle cleanser. Its creamy texture clears the pores of the scalp and helps in promoting hair growth. It’s rich in lactic acid that adds shine to your hair and make it smooth as well. It’s always easy to comb hair after using yogurt on the hair.
Take a raw egg. Egg strengthens the roots of your hair, helps in repairing damaged hair, prevent premature hair loss and will make your hair silky.
Mix eggs and plain yogurt and blend them into a consistent mixture. Rub this mixture into your scalp, Let it sit there for about 5-10 minutes, and then wash it out thoroughly.
9. Use Yogurt To Condition Your Hair: Combine 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt / curd with 1 table spoon of lemon juice and mix them well. Apply this mixture on hair roots and all along the lengths, instead of hair conditioner after shampooing. Rinse your hair completely with lukewarm water. This will make your hair to look soft and shiny.
10. Almond Oil For Strong, Healthy Hair: Almond oil has several essential nutrients including polyunsaturated and mono fatty acids as well as vitamins E, D, B1, B2, B6 and A. These all are helpful nutrients that make your hair to grow into strong, healthy strands. The high vitamin E content in almond oil is especially helpful for conditioning the hair. This oil is also used to treat damaged hair.
Pour some almond oil in bowl and warm it up a little. Massage the oil into your scalp for about 15 minutes, and then evenly distribute on your hair. Allow the almond oil to sit for at least 45 minutes, but you can also leave it in overnight. Rinse it away with your regular shampoo and conditioner using cool water.
11. Natural Treatment For Dry Or Sun Damaged Hair: Whenever your hair get dry or damaged due to use of hard water, sun over exposure or by using heating hair appliances, you can use honey. Honey is a natural humectant that means it attracts and locks in moisture.
Massage about 1/2 cup of honey into clean, damp hair, allow it to sit for 20 minutes, and then rinse with warm water. You can also add 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil to loosen the honey for easier application. For extremely sun-damaged hair, try mixing honey with 1 to 2 tablespoons of a protein-rich ingredient, like avocado or egg yolk, which will help replenish the keratin protein bonds that UV rays attack. You can apply this treatment once a month.
12. Use Natural Deep Conditioning Hair Masks: Try using natural good, deep conditioning hair masks regularly, if possible once a week or at least once every two weeks. For this purpose, easy way is to apply warm oil treatments using coconut oil, olive oil or castor oil. Simply apply slightly warmed up oil on your hair roots and distribute it evenly along the hair lengths. Let it sit there for at least 30 minutes, and then wash your hair with your regular shampoo. It will make your hair soft, smooth and shiny.
Some More Hair Care Tips
13. Keep Your Scalp Clean And Free From Oil: Wash your hair regularly depending upon the oiliness of your scalp and hair, as well as the exposure to dirt and dust. But it’s also not good to wash your hair too frequently, because you can strip off natural oils that are necessary for healthy hair growth. Usually, healthy hair washing intervals vary from 2-3 days to 1 week, depending upon your hair type. So, you need to find your own balance.
14. Do Not Comb or Brush Wet Hair: Wet hair is at its weakest position and thus more likely to break. Avoid using hair dryer, it’s best to let your hair dry naturally or towel dry your hair. If you have no time to let your hair air dry, then use blow-dryer sparingly and make sure you use a warm setting instead of a hot setting.Then gently detangle your hair using a wide tooth comb.
15. Use Proper Brushing Technique: Do not use comb with plastic bristles to prevent hair breakage from static electricity. The proper way for brushing hair is to first brush the hair ends to remove tangles, and then brush very gently from roots of the hair to ends. This method will not only spread natural oil all along the hair lengths, but prevent breakage also.
16. Trim Your Hair Regularly: Make it sure to get your hair trimmed at least once every six weeks to prevent dry, split ends.
Useful Related Articles: