Almond oil is well known for its healthy hair nutrient-contents such as Omega-3 fatty acids, phospholipids, vitamin E and magnesium. People have been using almond oil since ancient times because it has great ability to nourish and strengthen your hair, and is one of the finest oil for treating hair loss and damaged hair. Only a few drops are enough not only to nourish the scalp, but also add silkiness and shine to the hair.
Natural Beauty Tip: Make sure to use pure sweet almond oil as a majority of store brands contains only a small percentage of almond oil and a large proportion of petroleum paraffins.
Benefits Of Almond Oil For Hair
Almond oil contains number of vital nutrients including polyunsaturated and mono fatty acids as well as vitamins E, D, B1, B2, B6 and A. These are all hair friendly nutrients that make your hair strands to grow stronger and healthier.
Almond oil’s high vitamin E content is especially helpful for conditioning the hair.
Many companies making hair care products these days are using almond oil as an important ingredient because of the nourishing and soothing benefits that it provides to the hair cuticles and helping to grow thick, long, strong hair. It also provides a natural shine and luster to your hair.
1. Sweet Almond Oil For Shiny And Lustrous Hair: Pure sweet almond oil is chockfull of proteins and vitamins A, B and E, all of which are useful in imparting shine to dull, dry hair. Moreover, fatty acids omega 9, 6 and 3 guard against damaging UV rays and protect hair from vagaries of the Sun, preventing dullness that arises from dryness.
How To Use Almond Oil For Shiny Hair: Rub a few drops of pure sweet almond oil between your palms and apply it onto the hair to make your hair look more shiny and radiant. This is especially more helpful for curly hair.
2. Sweet Almond Oil For Hair Growth: Massaging of sweet almond oil into the scalp may help stimulate hair growth. Moisturizing the scalp with sweet almond oil supplies hair with vital hair strengthening vitamins and magnesium at the root of hair, which can be useful for hair growth.
How To Use Almond Oil For Hair Growth:
(i) Mix equal parts of sweet almond oil and castor oil, and massage the mixture gently into your scalp to help growing your mane. After massaging the mixture leave it on for about 25 minutes. Wash the hair with a mild shampoo and towel dry.
(ii) Another recipe is to mix 4 to 10 drops of jojoba oil with one ounce of sweet almond oil and one egg yolk. Mix them well and add a little warm water – make sure that water is not hot to avoid cooking the egg yolk. Wash your hair thoroughly and massage the mixture onto your scalp and hair while the hair is still wet. Leave it on the hair for about an hour and then rinse or wash with mild shampoo to clean out all the residues.
Repeat the above ritual two times a week for a few months to see thicker hair start to grow.
3. Almond Oil For Scalp: It has several natural vitamins and minerals that your skin and scalp need to stay healthy. It contains phospholipids, Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamins A, D, and E, Magnesium, glycoside, and calcium. It also acts as a natural anti-oxidant.
It can be applied in number of skin conditions and hair treatments. It penetrates through the dead layers of skin, and nourishes it from the inside out. That is why It has ability to nourish hair from under the skin, where the hair follicles are.
Good thing is that as it doesn’t stay on your scalp, so it doesn’t lead to greasy hair.
How To Use Almond Oil For Scalp:
(i) Put a few drops sweet pure almond oil into the palm of your hand, and rub your hands together to warm up the oil. Using your fingertips, gently massage the oil into your scalp. Massage the oil into your scalp for about 5-10, then massage a bit into the hair too. By massaging it in, you are doing two things. You are allowing it to penetrate the skin faster, and you are also getting rid of the flakes, or dry skin cells, that have been accumulating.
(ii) Let the almond oil to sit for at least 45 minutes, but you can also leave it in overnight.
(iii) After it has been allowed to sit, wash and rinse your hair as usual with your regular shampoo. Do not use hot water as it will let the moisture escape, instead you should use lukewarm water,
(iv) Let your hair air-dry. Avoid using a hair dryer or other hot styling products as they cause your skin to dry out fast. However, if you do use them, do so as little as possible.
(v) Another a simple and easy way to use almond oil to help your scalp is to just add a few drops of the oil into your regular shampoo or conditioner.
Natural Beauty Tip: Make sure to use 100% pure sweet almond oil. It is available as therapeutic grade oil. This is the only form that will supply you full healing benefits of the oil. Almond oil is sold in other forms also, as it is used for cooking and aromatherapy as well.
4. Almond Oil To Control Hair Loss: Deficiency of magnesium and calcium in particular leads to poor hair growth and hair loss. Zinc is another vital nutrient for healthy hair; its deficiency can result into alopecia, which can cause thinning of hair. Almond oil is rich in all of these minerals.
How To Use Almond Oil To Prevent Hair Loss:
(i) Warm one tablespoon of pure sweet almond oil and rub it gently into your scalp every night after your shower or bath. Massage it in gently until most of the oil is absorbed into the scalp.
(ii) Leave it on overnight for best results.
Try to follow above ritual on a regular basis to control hair loss. Include in your diet a few almonds every day or mix in a few drops of pure sweet almond oil into your salad or smoothie to work from the inside as well to make your hair healthy.
5. Almond Oil To Repair Split Ends: Sweet almond oil has natural moisture-sealing properties that help to replenish moisture to hair and also to repair and prevent split ends by retaining moisture in hair for longer periods of time.
How To Use Almond Oil For Hair Split Ends:
(i) Make a thick paste with water and herbal henna powder and let it sit overnight.
(ii) The following day add 1egg and 3 tablespoons of sweet almond oil into the mixture and let it sit for 10 minutes.
(iii) Mix in a few drops of lavender oil if you find the smell of the egg unpleasant.
(iv) Apply the mixture to your hair and let it stay onto your hair for about one hour and then wash it off thoroughly with cool water.
(v) Towel your hair and let it air dry.
(vi) Apply an additional dose of almond oil to your scalp and hair, leaving it for overnight before shampooing your hair again.
Natural Beauty Tips For Selecting Sweet Almond Oil:
(i) Look for therapeutic grade certified organic almond oil.
(ii) Always read the labels to make sure of the bottle is fresh.
(iii) Opt for pure sweet almond oil.
Have you ever used almond on your hair or scalp. Please share your experience with other readers under the comments below.
Useful Related Post: