Is hair loss and progressive thinning of the hair is bothering you? Do you want to have healthy and lush hair? Hair loss is a very common problem in the present age of pollution and unhealthy environment. Both men and women experience hair thinning and fall in different phases of their lives. At times, even medical treatments fail to help them.
Mother Nature has gifted to mankind a plenty of herbs that can be used for treating many hair health and beauty problems. Among them, rosemary is one such herb which is widely used in making various homemade beauty products, as well for treating hair loss. This aromatic herb is being used in herbal remedies since ancient times as it was believed to help digestion, ease muscle pain and improve memory. Medical studies have found that rosemary essential oil works as an antioxidant and antimicrobial, making it an ideal natural ingredient for using in hair and skin care remedies.
Benefits Of Rosemary Oil For Hair
Rosemary oil is a natural remedy for various hair problems. From averting inexplicable hair fall to repairing hair health, rosemary treats them all. This nutrient-rich herbal oil works as a proficient food for your scalp and hair. Using this oil facilitates improving blood circulation, which in turn stimulates hair growth. Rosemary oil hair growth is surely a way forward.
It also goes after the bacteria that clog the hair follicles. Simultaneously, rosemary really restores shine and bounce of the hair. Someone has truly said that rosemary oil is a wide-ranging solution for all kinds of hair problems.
1. Rosemary Oil For Hair Growth: There’s increasing scientific evidence that rosemary oil when applied over the scalp helps stimulate hair growth.
A randomized controlled study experimented on 100 men with androgenetic alopecia – male pattern baldness. In the study, 50 of the men were given treatment using 2% topical minoxidil which is a well-known synthetic drug used to kindle hair growth. The other 50 men were given treatment using rosemary oil. The men in both sets were examined with hair count assessment, which is the most objective yardstick for analyzing treatment for baldness. After three months, neither of the sets indicated any noteworthy increase in hair counts. However, when examined at six months, the researchers observed that both treatments considerably augmented the total hair counts among the participants.
This implies that rosemary oil is as effective as minoxidil – but is nontoxic. The researchers observed adverse effects like scalp itching – considerably more common among the minoxidil participants. But it’s pertinent to state that scalp itching was observed among the rosemary participants also, albeit at lower levels. In case you have sensitive skin you might not tolerate rosemary oil as well as others, however this can be work out by just diluting the oil with a carrier oil.
Natural Beauty Tip: If you are peeved with short hair and desire to grow them long, rosemary oil can help you. One of the most effective natural herb hair oils, rosemary has been used for decades for its hair benefits. You can use rosemary oil for hair as an effective solution when you want to grow your hair long or control hair loss effectively. This stimulating, refreshing, and calming hair oil will certainly help you to get long and voluminous hair with its regular use.
2. Rosemary Oil To Treat Dandruff And Calm Sore Scalp: Rosemary oil has anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties, which make it a useful natural ingredient in scalp treatments:
(i) Dandruff: Dandruff is generally caused by a form of yeast. So, bcause of rosemary oils’ anti-fungal property it’s an effective remedy to treat dandruff. Also its anti-inflammatory property becomes handy to cure dandruff, which is characterized as a chronic inflammation of the scalp.
(ii) Soothe Sore Scalp: One of the key ingredients in rosemary oil is rosmarinic acid, which has been found to contain anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, making it a sound pick to sooth the scalp and maintain it clean to help prevent infections in broken skin.
How To Use Rosemary Hair Oil For Hair Growth, Treating Hair Loss And For Other Hair Benefits
1. Hot Oil Treatment With Rosemary Essential Oil: Whether it’s dandruff, dry scalp, thinning hair or hair loss, hot oil treatment is an effective home remedy. It not only helps to open blocked pores of the scalp, but nourishes the roots as well. The stimulating property of rosemary essential oil works ideally when combined with the extra virgin olive oil. This combo will not only help grow your hair, but leaves it smooth, silky and manageable.
Mix well 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil with 5 drops of rosemary essential oil in a glass jar that can be sealed. Place the jar in a vessel containing hot water until the oil warms up. Slowly massage the warmed up oil using your fingertips into your dry scalp for several minutes. Take care to apply a little blend down the length of your hair until the ends. Wrap your hair with plastic shower cap, and then cover it with a very warm damp towel for the best results. When the towel has cooled, replace with another warm towel. Then after 30-45 minutes, rinse and shampoo your hair with your favorite shampoo – preferably a chemical free one. Follow with conditioner if you desire (optional). Repeat this treatment once or twice a week regularly.
Natural Beauty Tip: You can keep the blend on your hair for rosemary oil overnight treatment. If you do this, make sure to remove the plastic shower cap and cover your pillow with a dry towel while sleeping.
2. Massage With Rosemary Essential Oil: Scalp massage helps to boost blood circulation, which results into stimulation and rejuvenation of hair follicles. Although, massaging scalp with any good oil makes your hair healthy, but the rosemary essential works much better. You can add few drops of rosemary essential oil to any carrier (base) oil of your choice, such as jojoba oil, and massage into your scalp as frequently as you normally do, leaving it for at least 30 minutes. The best time to massage hair is at night and then shampoo as usual next morning.
3. Rosemary Oil With Shampoo Or Conditioner: To nourish your hair on consistent basis or to treat unhealthy hair is to add rosemary oil benefits to your regular shampoo or conditioner. Just mix well a few drops of rosemary essential oil with one ounce of shampoo or your conditioner.
4. Rosemary Oil Hair Rinse: For those who don’t like the idea of mixing rosemary essential oil with shampoo or conditioner, they can try rosemary hair rinse. Take a vessel of distilled or clean water and add in about 5-6 tablespoons of rosemary dried leaves ( In case you use fresh rosemary you need to double the amount of the herb as dried leaves are more concentrated). Boil the mixture for some time and turn off the heat. Let the rosemary steep in the water for at least 5 hours to make an infusion. Pour the rosemary infusion into a dark-colored glass jar and keep it in your refrigerator. When you want to use it, mix it with tap water and rinse your hair thoroughly with the solution after shampooing or conditioning. This rinse will help to rejuvenate and stimulate your hair follicles, nourish the hair shaft, providing additional shine and smoothness to it.
Now, you have seen how good is rosemary essential oil for your hair health – so use the above remedies to get healthy, smooth and soft hair.
Useful Related Posts: