Have you heard of Aztec Healing Clay? The Aztec Secret Clay has been around and used as a beauty ingredient for ages. The label on the jar of this classic mask, which cost just about 10$, boasts that it is the “world’s most powerful facial.”
Cleopatra used clay from the Nile River and the Arabian Desert over 1800 years ago, as part of her beauty regimen. German and Roman spas have been using clay masks and treatments in the spas they built 4,000 years ago. Many of these spas still exist and use clay even today.
But what exactly Aztec Secret Healing Clay is? What are its benefits, what for and how should you be using it? Read on here for the full details about aztec clay mask.
What Is Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay?
It is bentonite clay from Death Valley, California, where it is sun- dried for up to six months in temperatures that sometimes reach 134 degrees.
Benefits Of Aztec Secret Healing Clay
(i) Almost all mineral found on earth are present in this clay. A facial clay mask when applied on the skin produces a negative charge. Toxins and impurities present in the epidermis and skin pores have positive charge. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay pulls up the pimples and blackheads into the clay bed leading to quicker healing and nourishment to the skin with 100% natural minerals.
(ii) It helps in minimizing acne scars, shrinks skin pores, & bestows a tightening sensation.
(iii) You can use the Aztec mud mask not only to beautify, but it can be even used on skin irritations & bug bites too.
(iv) Whether your skin complexion is acne prone, oily, or dry, you can use it.
6 Best Aztec Facial Mask Recipes
1. Original Recipe: Mix Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay with apple cider vinegar (raw, organic for best results) in equal proportions in a bowl. You must use glass, plastic or wooden bowls and spoons – no metal! Stir the mixture well so it turns to a paste. Apply the mixture onto your face and/or body and allow it to dry up to 30 minutes. Rinse it off well with warm water only.
2. Antioxidant Clay Mask: Mix Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay with brewed green tea in equal proportions and 500 mg. of Vitamin C with bioflavonoids (open up a capsule & take out the contents). Stir the mixture to form a smooth paste. Apply the mixture onto your face and/or body and let it dry up to 30 minutes. Rinse it off thoroughly with warm water only.
Natural Beauty Tip: Green Tea is well known for its antioxidant, antibacterial, and cancer killing properties.
3. Honey Clay Mask: Mix well Aztec Indian Healing Clay with apple cider vinegar in equal proportions, add in 1 tablespoon of raw organic honey. Apply to skin and allow it to dry up to 20 minutes. Rinse it off well with warm water only. This mask is almost similar to a mask used by Cleopatra in her skin care ritual.
4. Sensitive Skin Clay Mask: Mix the Clay with distilled water in equal parts and add in 1 teaspoon of Kukui Nut oil and 5 drops of lavender essential oil. Stir the mixture to form a smooth paste. Apply to your skin and let it dry up to 20 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water. On fair skin people, the face might turn slightly pink.
Tip: To treat sun burns, do not add the lavender oil. But add additional cup of distilled water to the mixture and use the liquid to relieve the sting of sunburns.
5. Clay And Oatmeal Scrub/Mask: Mix the clay with apple cider vinegar in equal ratio, add in 2 tablespoons of uncooked oatmeal. Stir the mixture to form a smooth paste. If it’s too thick, add in a little more vinegar or water to get the desired consistency. Apply to skin and gently scrub it with fingertips in circular motions. Let it dry up to 15-20 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
6. Cool Refreshing Clay Facial Mask: Mix Aztec Healing Clay with distilled water in equal parts and add in 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of minced cucumber (remove peel). Apply the mixture to your skin and let it dry up to 25 minutes. Rinse it off thoroughly with warm water only.
Is The Aztec Healing Clay Safe?
Yes, you can apply it, but don’t go overboard. Beauty experts recommend using it no more than once a week. More can lead to skin dryness and irritation.
Where To Buy Aztec Healing Clay?
You can buy it from a big drug store or online from Amazon.Com
(i) Follow the instructions given on the Aztec clay packing label. After application of the clay mask you will feel a strong pulling sensation and may have skin redness afterward. It’s normal. To quote cosmetic chemist Randy Schueller: “Anytime you agitate the skin—with either the physical action of the clay tightening it or the chemical irritation that may be caused by the acetic acid in the vinegar—some reddening could occur.”
(ii) For bad acne or bad complexion, the first few applications may make it worse as it draws out toxins and poisons. Don’t be disheartened; continue using the clay mask.
Enjoy taking skin care! Cheers..