Hey, who doesn’t want to know the steps of a basic Skin Care Routine steps and tips to look best in public, whether in school, college, office, or when going out with friends? Here are the facial skin care steps and tips for your face, which will help you maintain a healthy complexion and naturally glowing face.
Basic Skin Care Routine At Home
What does a basic skin care regimen comprise? It’s as simple as cleansing, toning, and moisturizing every day. First, to remove dirt and bacteria; second, to rejuvenate skin cells; and third, to keep your skin hydrated to prevent premature lines and wrinkles.
Do it twice a day with the product that suits your skin. Choosing which one to use actually depends on your skin type and acne severity. If you have sensitive skin, you need a gentler product, and in the case of less sensitive skin, you may go for a little harsher product to get better results.
However, If you are an organic or natural product lover, go for lemon juice, dandelion sap, honey, etc. For natural cleansing, use one of the following:
(i) Take one tablespoon of un-boiled milk, dip a small pad of cotton wool into it, and gently rub it on your face. Use circular movements; use upward strokes on the neck area. Wash off your face after ten minutes.
(ii) Cut a tomato in two halves and gently rub it over your face and neck. Wash after ten minutes.
(iii) Take half of a lime peel. Extract the juice from the lime peel. Rub this firmly on your face and neck. Use this as a scrub only once in 3-4 days.
(iv) Take diluted buttermilk, dab it on your face, and leave it on for ten minutes; gently wipe with moist cotton wool.
Toners remove all traces of dirt, make-up, or cleansers left behind after cleansing. Immediately after cleansing, apply toner on the forehead and cheeks with the help of a pad of cotton wool.
(i) Apply the toner to the crevices around the nose carefully.
(ii) Don’t forget to apply the toner to the crevices around the chin.
This is a must if you have dry skin. A moisturizer will help you in keeping your skin smooth and supple. Your face is exposed to the drying effect of the weather, so moisturizers — which form a film over the skin — contain and augment the natural moisture.
(i) Use the tips of your fingers to dot moisturizing cream lightly all over your face.
(ii) Press the fingers of both your hands in the center of your forehead and work the cream slowly outwards. Pat the cream gently around the eyes.
(iii) Work the cream around the jawline, chin, and mouth with the middle fingers of both hands.
(iv) Massage the cream over the throat with alternating hands, using upward strokes from collarbone to chin.
Additional Facial Skin Care Tips
In addition to the above three basic skin care regimen steps, also follow the following general skin care tips:
- Remove your facial hair: Everyone likes a clean look, free from hair. So, keep your eyebrow lines neat. Also, remember to remove hair from your upper lip and chin. Get your eyebrows trimmed by a professional who will wax or pluck your eyebrows. They are experts and take care not to take too much off, as this can create problems in the future. Also, make sure to remove any stray hairs with tweezers.
- Lips care: Keep your lips moisturized with the help of a lip hydrator. Rub a sugar-and-water solution on them and then use moisturizer. Sugar removes the dead cells and rejuvenates your lips. Keep a stick of lip moisturizer handy and use it whenever necessary. However, do not use ChapStick too much because your lips can get addicted to the chemicals contained in them, and your lips will stop producing natural oil. And over time you will become totally dependent on chapsticks.
- Exfoliating Facial Scrub: Follow the habit of using facial scrub two to three times a week. Use an exfoliating facial scrub to slough away dead skin cells.
- Nourishing Face Mask: Use a nourishing face mask once a week to boost facial skin health and glow on your face. You can use an avocado face mask to deep-cleanse your facial skin and soften it.
- Avoid touching your face: Do not get into the bad habit of touching your face or leaning your face on your hands. By doing this, you will mess up your acne, and your hand’s natural oil secretion will clog your pores which can, in turn, lead to blemishes.
- Never pluck at pimples: Howsoever tempting it may be, do not indulge yourself in popping your pimples, as this is a sure way to leave marks on your face.
Also, make it a habit to change your “pillow covers” frequently because the oils linger on the fabric, which gets on to your face at night, which increases the possibility of getting your pores clogged, which can aggravate acne problems.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated: You need to drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated during the day. So, drink eight glasses of water daily to compensate for the water loss from your body due to sweat, urine, etc.
- Protect your face from harmful UV rays: Ultraviolet rays damage your skin over time. So, protect your face from the sun by using a sunscreen every day. If you want to protect your face from harmful ultraviolet rays, use a moisturizer with an SPF of at least 15.
- Above all, use good-quality products: Make it a habit of using good-quality products with natural ingredients instead of harmful chemicals for long-term benefits. Use skin care products containing essential oils and botanic extracts with a base of coconut, sesame, or olive oils. Such products will protect and nourish your skin with antioxidants and vital fatty acids.
Follow the above-outlined Basic Skin Care Routine and tips to maintain a youthful and radiant look.