Avocado oil has been used since ages to enrich hair condition and stimulate hair growth. The plus point of this oil is that it usually is available at affordable price and has no side effects.
Avocado oil contains extremely high content of monounsaturated fatty acids, and vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants also. Listed below are the 5 most valuable benefits of this oil on hair and also the ways about how to use avocado oil for hair.
1. Avocado Oil To Moisturize Your Hair: The monounsaturated fatty acid content in avocado oil is even more than extra virgin oil, and is one of the prime reasons for its being so useful for hair. If your hair is dry, damaged and fragile due to poor nutrition, heat styling, chemical treatments and environmental pollution, then monounsaturated fats application, whether directly or in a mask, can hydrate, nurture and strengthen hair stresses, improve the way they look and save them from damage.
How To Use Avocado Oil As A Moisturizer: To get the best results, take one egg, beat it well and mix with 1 teaspoon of avocado oil. Mix in 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil or rosemary oil. Massage the mixture gently onto your scalp and hair, starting from the scalp till the hair ends. Allow the mask sit on for nearly 30 minutes, and then rinse your hair well. Follow with shampooing your hair as usual.
2. Avocado Oil For Hair Growth: Avocado is so light weight oil that its highly useful contents, such as monounsaturated fatty acids, phytosterols and rich amounts of anti-oxidants like vitamin E get well absorbed into your scalp and hair shafts. This in turn not only provides great moisturizing and protective effects against environment-stressors and damage, but also may result into unblocking of clogged hair follicles and promote new hair growth. All these three elements, namely, antioxidant vitamin E, moisturizing plants sterols and the high levels of monounsaturated acids contained in avocado oil have been individually recommended for fuelling hair growth.
3. Avocado Oil To Prevent Hair Loss: Massaging avocado oil all over your scalp intensifies blood flow to the hair follicles. The increased blood flow and circulation to your scalp enables higher amounts of nutrients to reach the hair follicles – preventing hair loss and making your hair healthier in general.
You can use the oil with conditioner or make an avocado oil hair mask to strengthen your hair and avoid hair loss.
4. Avocado To Condition The Hair: It works to perk up condition of your hair to make it feel more supple and elastic. Its exalted fat content improves smoothness of the hair to make it less likely to breakage. After washing your hair with your favorite shampoo, apply the homemade avocado hair conditioner, leaving it on for at least 10 minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
How To Make Avocado Oil Hair Conditioner At Home: Simply mix fully mashed ripe avocado with extra virgin olive oil to make a spreadable thick paste.
5. Replenishes The Hair Vitamins: The avocado fruit from which the oil is derived is loaded with heaps of vitamins, including vitamins B and E that help stimulate the cellular levels and fortifying the hair health at the same time. Vitamin B is vital for hair growth and vitamin E helps in revitalizing the scalp. As otherwise, an unhealthy scalp hampers hair growth and can leads to early hair loss.
To get best results from avocado hair oil, use it together with a conditioner or as a hair mask.
6. Avocado Oil To Treat Dandruff: Use avocado oil on your hair to get rid of dandruff. It not only can treat dandruff, but also helps in reducing blemishes on the scalp because of eczema and psoriasis.
The method is to massage the oil gently into the scalp in circular motion to step up the absorption rate.
Useful Related Post: Homemade Avocado Hair Mask Recipes