Moisturizers form an important part of any skin care regime. They contribute a lot in keeping your skin soft, healthy and young. Although, you can buy from lots of moisturizers available on the market, but most of them contain chemicals that can harm your skin in the long run. This article is for those who believe in natural and organic beauty care products. You can use these best natural homemade face and skin moisturizers that can be made easily by using all natural ingredients available in your home. These all natural facial and skin moisturizers are free from chemicals and won’t pinch your pocket much.
Best All Natural Moisturizers For Face And Skin
Here is a run-down on some of the best homemade facial and skin moisturizers:
1. Honey – A Great Natural Moisturizer For Dry Skin: Pure organic Honey is not only delicious to eat and has many health benefits, but is also a great natural ingredient that can be used in many skin-care recipes. It is a well know natural humectant, which means it has ability to attract water molecules from the air to your skin, making it to work as natural skin and face moisturizer. Besides acting as a natural hydrating agent, honey also contains antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that render it a worthwhile option for helping in wounds healing.
How to make honey moisturizer – Dissolve 1 teaspoon of honey in an equal amount of water and then further mix in 3 teaspoons of water. Apply this mixture onto your skin and face. Let it sit there for about 10 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. This works great on dry skin and will make it look more radiant.
2. Avocados: Avocados contain oil that acts as emollient. It helps to lubricate the spaces between coenocytes – the trampled skin cells that make the very outer layer of your skin. Avocados are also rich source of vitamins A, D and E that are good for your skin. The vitamin E further helps your skin in retaining moisture and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
How to apply avocado as a moisturizer – Take a fully ripe avocado and mash it to make its puree. Just apply it onto your face for about 10-15 minutes, and then rinse it off with water.
3. Olive Oil – Best Natural Moisturizer For Dry Skin: It’s a known fact that the olive oil has numerous health benefits. But do you know that the benefits of olive oil don’t end inside your body – it can do wonders for your skin as well. One such skin benefit is that it is a great moisturizer for dry skin.
Olive oil contains a compound called as linoleic acid, which is present naturally in our skin. This lipid forms a water barrier to prevent your skin from losing moisture. The linoleic acid can’t be produced by your body and can only come from foods.
Besides working as a natural moisturizer, the olive oil can also lessen the intensity of skin conditions like rosacea, psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema. Other skin benefits include its ability to ease inflammation, soothe and heal burns. The best part of its skin uses is due to the high doses of antioxidants that it contains, which makes it to be helpful in reducing tumor frequency from UVB rays.
How to apply olive oil – Just dab a bit of olive oil on the dry skin patches or you can add a little of olive oil into your bathing tub and take bath like the ancient Greeks used to do.
4. Butter Milk – Ancient Time Natural Skin Moisturizer: Buttermilk contains one of the hydroxyl acid – lactic acid. Have a look on the skin lotions available on the market. On reading their ingredients lists you will observe that most of them contain alpha-hydroxyl and beta-hydroxyl acids. These compounds work on skin as exfoliants – they act to break apart and getting rid of dry, dead skin cells, so that new, younger and moister skin is regenerated to replace the old skin layers.
How to apply buttermilk – You don’t need to immerse in a sour milk bath as the Cleopatra used to do to rejuvenate and beautify her skin. You just need to wet a clean, soft face cloth in cold buttermilk (if you don’t have buttermilk, use regular milk instead) and place it on the dry and irritated skin for about 5 minutes. Rinse it off lightly, so that some of the lactic acid remains behind, and wow – you have found a great natural way to hydrate / moisturize your skin.
5. Homemade Moisturizer For Face And Dry Skin: Take a cup of buttermilk, half of an avocado, 2 tablespoons of honey, a bit of olive oil. Blend and mix them together thoroughly. They all are great natural moisturizers free of chemicals and without a high price tag that you will find in many beauty products available on the market.
6. Simple Homemade Natural Moisturizer For Oily Skin: Take 1/2 cup of coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of liquid vitamin E and 2-3 drops of lavender essential and / or tea tree oil. Mix the ingredients together in a bowl thoroughly. If you are trying this homemade recipe in colder months, when the coconut oil tends to be in solid form, you can whisk these ingredients all together with the help of your hand mixer to form a smooth, creamy product.
How to apply – Just apply a little bit of the mixture on to your face and skin. The coconut base of this natural moisturizer makes it a perfect moisturizer for oily skin without giving you a greasy feeling. Also the vitamin E and essential oil make it refreshing and good for healing. You can store this moisturizer in a jar.
Natural Beauty Tips – Some More Natural Skin And Body Moisturizer Recipes
(i) Mix Rose water with glycerin to make a moisturizer for all skin types.
(ii) Mix thoroughly 1/2 tea spoon of lemon juice, 1/2 tea spoon of honey with 3 tea spoons of plain yogurt / curd in a bowl to create a smooth, fine paste. Apply it onto your face and then rinse it off with lukewarm water after 10 minutes. This homemade moisturizer recipe is good for normal skin.
(iii) Take some strawberries, cut and mash them. Mix the mashed strawberries with 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1/2 cup of plain yogurt or curd. Keep the mixture in a fridge for about half an hour to cool. Apply this mixture onto your face, neck and chest, leaving it there for 20 minutes. Scrub and rinse of the mask with water.
(iv) Take equal parts of coconut oil, pure organic honey and lemon juice and mix them well together. Store the mixture in a fridge. You can store and use this natural homemade face moisturizer for few days.
(v) Mash 1 apple and mix it thoroughly with 1/2 teaspoon of honey. Apply on your face, leaving it there for about 15 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. This moisturizing face pack is good for oily skin.
Include any of the above homemade natural skin and facial moisturizers in to your day to day skin care regimen and enjoy supple, healthy and radiant skin!!