You are what you eat. The Foods that are good for health can safely be taken as the best foods for healthy skin as well. And the reverse of this statement is also true, that the food that is good for your skin, is good for your health too. After all your skin is outside part of your body. In this article, you will find the best foods to eat for clear and glowing skin.
Best Foods For Healthy Skin Tips – Have Healthy Skin Diet
A healthy skin can not only withstand consequences of the environment, time, and even cancer, but is also strong enough to address every skin affliction, like wrinkles, dryness, acne, etc.
Here are the best foods to eat for clear, glowing and healthy skin:
1. Cooked Tomatoes – Our recommended number 1 Best Food for Healthy Skin:
(i) They are packed with a powerful antioxidant called lycopene that provides red pigment – good for healthy and glowing skin.
(ii) Lycopene contributes in eliminating skin-aging free radicals caused by ultraviolet rays.
(iii) Cooking tomatoes leads to concentration of lycopene, so eating tomato sauce, tomato paste, and ketchup do more good than just eating raw tomatoes, when you are seeking to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
2. Almonds – Include in your list of Best Diet for clear skin:
(i) Almonds are full of Vitamin E, which are useful in protecting your skin from sun damage.
(ii) Vitamin E is an antioxidant, so it works to keep away dangerous free radicals from your arteries.
3. Mangoes, Papaya and Apricots – Foods for glowing and clear skin: They are packed with pigments that are called carotenoids. As the carotenoids are stored in the layer of fat directly beneath your skin, so they help in improving your skin’s color and giving it a rosy glow.
4. Green Tea – Best Anti aging Food
(i) Green Tea is a powerhouse of antioxidants and emits catechin that has proven anti-inflammatory and anti aging properties.
(ii) Studies have shown that consuming 2 to 4 cups of Green Tea not only help in reducing the chances of getting skin cancer, but useful in reversing the skin-damages caused by the Sun.
5. Flaxseeds – Best Anti Aging Food: British Journal Nutrition has reported, that:
(i) Flaxseeds are full of omega-3 fatty acids, the wrinkle fighters. They help in removing spots and smoothing fine lines and therefore must be included in the list of best foods to eat for healthy skin.
(ii) Moreover they keep your skin better-hydrated, as the fatty acids draw water to skin cells.
6. Spinach – Food for clear skin: Spinach contains a lot of folate, which helps in reducing the chances of skin cancer. This is due its Folate’s property contribution in maintaining and repairing DNA.
7. Sweet Potatoes – Include in your diet for Healthy Skin: They contain a lot of vitamin C which iron out wrinkles. Moreover, it has capacity to stimulate production of collagen. (Source: American Journal of Clinical Nutrition).
8. Carrots – Food for Clear and Glowing Skin: They are full of Vitamin A. They help in keeping under control over production of cells in the outer layer of your skin. This results in to lesser dead cells, which otherwise can mix with sebum to clog your pores. Vitamin A which is found in abundance in carrots reduces the growth of skin cancer cells.
9. Walnuts – All times Best Food for Healthy Skin:
(i) Walnuts are packed with Omega-3s. They go a long way in managing your swelling, redness, blotchiness, acne break-outs or even wrinkles.
(ii) Our natural beauty tip is that Plant-based Omega-3s are naturally anti-inflammatory, helping you to lock in moisture into your skin and in protecting your skin from toxins.
(iii) Specifically, the alpha-linolenic, a constituent of walnuts can remedy the dryness which can otherwise cause wrinkles and aging of your skin.
10. Yogurt – Include in your healthy foods for skin:
(i) Yogurt is a natural probiotic, so it helps naturally to replenish the good bacteria in your body which keeps yeast in control.
(ii) Yogurt is best food for your skin, as it keeps a check on acne break outs, eczema, and also dandruff.
(i) Try to choose a low-fat and low-sugar yogurt, since sugar can aggravate inflammation.
(ii) We advise you to avoid yogurt, if you are prone to having dairy related acne breakouts.
11. Mussels – Include in your list of healthy skin foods : If you are having pale and pasty skin, you need to have iron rich foods like Mussels, Spinach, etc.
12. Canned Tuna – Best Anti Aging Food: It has plenty of selenium.
(i) Selenium is an essential nutrient, which helps in keeping your skin smooth and firm.
(ii) Selenium, contained in Canned Tuna, also protects your skin from UV rays.
Include in your diet, above mentioned best foods for healthy skin to get a clear, glowing and healthy skin.
Useful Related Articles: