Mostly people are enticed by the care-free, flawless-skinned, flowing hair models bouncing around in the beauty-products ads and use the commercial face wash products without looking at the ingredients. Many beauty products manufactured by multinational corporations contain synthetic colorants, synthetic fragrances and chemicals that can damage the skin and may lead to allergies, dermatitis, respiratory problems, or harm the reproductive system. And if you opt for buying a good quality organic or natural facial cleanser from market, it would punch a big hole in your pocket.
Why Not Homemade Facial Cleanser?
Even if you buy an expensive natural face wash, that too will not contain any magical ingredients to bestow upon you the beautiful faces that are shown in the commercials or solve your unique skin problems. Most of these products contain certain skin friendly ingredients such as aloe vera, essential oils, vitamin E, vegetable glycerin, etc. to entice you, but then they contain chemicals too that are not friendly to your skin at all. So what would be the result of using such products over long term? (Sigh!)
How To Make Home Made Face Wash? – The All Natural Facial Cleansers
You don’t need to buy expensive, fancy natural facial cleansers for smoother, pretty skin; instead, try these simple homemade best diy facial cleansers. These natural- ingredient natural cleansers are with no toxic chemicals, no sulfates, no parabens and no artificial fragrance. Cheers!:
1. Homemade Honey Face Wash: The best for face wash purpose is manuka honey or raw organic honey. Raw organic honey or manuka honey contains anti-bacterial properties, enzymes and probiotics, that all are great for skin. Honey works gentler than soaps as it does not strip the skin of its natural oils like soaps, and it gently nourishes skin as well.
(i) Moisten your face with lukewarm water. Take small amount of honey in your hands and rub your hands together.
(ii) Massage it onto your face in small circular motions to cover all areas of your face.
(iii) For deep cleansing leave the honey on for about 5 minutes (optional).
(iv) Rinse your face off with lukewarm water, and pat it dry with a clean soft towel.
(i) Honey And Lemon Face Wash – A Homemade Face Wash For Oily Skin: Lemon and honey together works as a great natural moisturizer and antiseptic, an ideal combination for cleansing and soothing your oily skin. Lemon juice contains citric acid that purges pimples-causing bacteria, and on the other hand skin-friendly enzymes help to get rid of dead skin. Honey acts as a natural antibacterial agent and contains antioxidants that can slow down skin’s aging process and prevent acne occurrence as well. Honey also boosts up your skin’s complexion. The best part about this homemade facial wash is that you can store it in an airtight jar for few days in refrigerator.
Method: Mix 2 teaspoons of raw organic honey and 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Take the mixture in your hands and rub your hands to warm it up. Apply a thin coat of the mixture onto your face and neck, leaving it on until it dries out. Rinse it off with lukewarm water or remove it with a wet warm towel to turn up your face looking radiant and smooth. .
(ii) You can mix in a tiny bit of vitamin C powder (good for skin) and / or a drop of some essential oil for extra anti-bacterial and acne fighting power such as lavender and frankincense essential oils.
2. Best Natural Facial Cleanser For Oily Skin: Olive oil is the best type of homemade facial cleanser for oily skin. People may question how an oil can be a cleanser for oily skin. But it’s true. Studies have found that olive oil is pretty effective to maintain the pH balance of the skin. It also works as an effective moisturizer for dry skin. This star ingredient feeds your face as well. Its antioxidants and good fats reduce free radicals, which can soothe irritated or sunburn skin.
(i) First cleanse your face with water. Then take a few drops of extra virgin olive oil into your palm and message your face gently, leaving it on for about 5 minutes. Use a wet warm towel to remove oil to reveal radiant looking skin.
(ii) Homemade Natural Night Cream: You can also make an effective night cream and store it an airtight jar in your refrigerator. Mix well 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup of apple vinegar, and 1/4 cup of water. This night homemade cream while killing bacteria will also lighten the dark skin spots, making your skin look smooth and clear.
3. Natural Face Wash For Dry Skin: These natural face cleansers are good for those who suffer from dry skin. You can use any of these oils that are rich source of fatty acids and polyphenols, namely, macadamia, almond, wheat germ, or avocado oils. They while nourishing your skin, also help fight skin aging.
Method: Simply message gently any of these oils onto your face, using your fingertips in small circular motions. Place a warm washcloth over your oil covered face for a few minutes to help open up the skin pores. When done, wipe away the oil gently with a wet warm washcloth.
4. Homemade Face Wash For Dry Skin: This dry skin face wash is made up of cucumber, yogurt and cooked oatmeal.
Method: Mix together 1/4 cup of a fresh grated cucumber, 2 tablespoons of plain, unflavored, unsweetened yogurt or curd and 2 tablespoons of oatmeal (cooked). Use this as a face cleanser while the mixture is still warm.
5. Homemade Face Wash For Sensitive Skin: To prepare this homemade face cleanser for sensitive skin, you will need 3 tablespoons of organic extra virgin coconut oil (removes make-up, moisturizes with anti-aging benefits), 1 tablespoon raw organic honey (soothes and heals skin, expunges bacteria), 1 teaspoon baking soda (gently exfoliates, draws out toxins).
Put coconut oil in a small bowl and stir with a dry spoon (if coconut oil is real hard then warm it a little bit) until the oil gets creamy (not liquid). Add in honey and mix well. Mix in baking soda and stir the mixture thoroughly. Transfer the mixture into an airtight jar and store at room temperature. Even if it hardens you don’t need to worry. It will melt itself from your body heat when you apply onto your skin.
Take out a pea size face wash from the jar with the help of a tiny spoon. Message it onto your face and neck, using your fingers in circular motions to exfoliate your skin. Leave it on for a minute or two to let it draw out impurities and toxins. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and use a wet warm towel to wipe your face and neck gently. Any oil residue left on your skin will be absorbed soon, and will disappear as soon as you pat dry your skin with a clean dry towel.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar Natural Face Cleanser: Studies have shown that it may help recover your skin’s pH levels to relieve acne breakouts, avert clogging of skin pores, and protect your skin from getting too oily or too dry. Its pH is about 5.5 that is quite close to the perfect pH level of human skin. It not only super cleanses your skin, but acts as a natural toner as well!
Method: Mix thoroughly 1 part of organic apple cider vinegar with 2 parts of clean water. Drench a cotton swab or ball into the solution and cleanse your face gently with it, leaving the solution on your cleansed face to dry out naturally. When your skin dries out completely, apply your favorite moisturizer.
7. Homemade Facial Cleanser: Yogurt is a great all natural face cleanser, full of protein and lactic acid. These two compounds work jointly to detoxify your skin. Whereas lactic acid when applied regularly fosters your skin to shed off the dead skin cells through exfoliation, the protein facilitates tighten skin pores, cuts down appearance of fine lines, and keeps your skin hydrated. Gently massage a slim coat of plain, unflavored and unsweetened yogurt to cleanse your face, using your fingers. This process while loosening any dirt or makeup will cleanse your face completely. Leave the thin layer of yogurt on your skin for a couple of minutes, and then remove it with a wet warm towel.
8. All Natural Face Wash – 100% Pure Coconut Oil: This great natural cleanser can get rid of the shine that emerges at the end of the day, without stripping off skin’s natural oils. Due to its antimicrobial properties, when you apply organic coconut oil onto your skin, it replaces the moisture that you might have lost through pores during the day – making your skin healthy and looking smooth.
Method: Take few drops of pure coconut oil into your hands and rub them to warm it up. When done gently message it onto your face for about 30-40 seconds. Place a warm towel over your face to open up the skin pores. Wait for about 20-30 seconds, and then remove the oil with a wet warm soft towel.
9. Homemade Face Cleanser With Milk: Milk is another great ingredient that can be used for making a natural cleanser for face at home. Barely any other ingredient is as effective as raw milk. The power of raw milk as a cleanser doubles when the milk is cold.
Method: Add in a teaspoon full of dry orange peel powder into cold raw milk and stir it thoroughly. Dip a cotton swab or ball into the mixture and message it gently small circular motions, clock wise and then anti-clock wise, all over your face and neck for a couple of minutes. Keep the solution on until it dries out on its own. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Any mixture left over can be stored up to a week in refrigerator and can be applied when required.
10. Natural Face Wash Recipe For Oily Skin With Cucumber And Tomato: Cucumber and tomatoes are very effective natural cleansing ingredients. Whereas cucumber is an effective cooling ingredient that provides extra freshness, the tomato is very useful for getting rid of dark circles and alleviating puffy eye bags. They eliminate impurities from skin, and get rid of extra greasiness as well.
Method: Blend freshly cut cucumber and tomato, until they form a smooth paste. Message this mixture gently all over your face for a couple of minutes, leaving it on for about 15 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry your face.
11. Homemade Exfoliating Face Wash: Mix together a pinch of sugar, 1 table spoon of honey, 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel and 1 table spoon of your favorite face wash (optional). Stir the mixture well with a fork or spoon. Scrub your face and neck (if you like) gently with the face wash for a few minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water, and pat dry your skin with a soft dry towel. The unused mixture can be stored in refrigerator.
12. All Natural Facial Cleanser For Acne Prone Skin: This recipe is useful for those who have acne prone face. Whip up a facial cleanser by mixing acne friendly oils with a high percentage of linoleic acid that helps to diminish blemishes by shielding the skin’s surface. You can use hemp, safflower, grape seed, or rosehip oil. These oils have the ability to regulate natural oil production.
After using a face wash having any oil as an ingredient, wipe off the cleanser with a wet warm towel.
13. Rosewater Exfoliating Cleanser: Mix together well 2 tablespoons each of rice flour and rosewater or milk until it forms a thick paste of uniform consistency. To have additional benefits, you can mix in other natural ingredients, like organic honey (natural anti-bacterial agent) or fresh lemon juice (natural skin bleaching agent) into the paste. Cleanse your face with warm water and then message the paste onto your face and neck, using your fingers in circular motions. Let it stay on for about 15 minutes. Scrub off the mask gently using lukewarm water, focusing more on T-zone areas. Pat dry your skin with a clean soft towel.
14. Revitalizing Natural Face Cleanser Recipe: Take 1 slice of freshly peeled apple, 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt (unsweetened & unflavored), 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of fresh citrus juice (lemon and orange). Blend all these ingredients together in a blender or food processor to form a cleanser of uniform consistency and use it to wash your face. You can store the unused cleanser in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
15. Traditional Indian Natural Deep Cleanser: You will need 3 tablespoons of besan (chickpea or garbanzo flour), a pinch of turmeric powder and 2 tablespoons of milk, rose water or plain water. Mix all the ingredients together to form a paste of uniform consistency. Message the paste onto your face and neck, using your fingers in circular motions. Let it stay on for about 15 minutes. Scrub off the mask gently using lukewarm water, focusing more on T-zone areas. Pat dry your skin with a clean soft towel.
Caution: Turmeric can stain your clothes, so wear old clothing while using this face wash. To get rid of any turmeric stains on your skin, rub lemon slice gently on the stained area.
Natural Beauty Tips:
(i) To deep cleanse the clogged pores of your skin, move your fingers in circular motions while applying face cleanser to exfoliate your skin and remove debris from the skin pores.
(ii) After rinsing or washing your face always pat dry using a clean soft towel. As wiping your face can stretch the skin tissues, which can cause sagging of your skin over time.
(iii) To get the best results of using a natural face wash, apply your homemade cleanser onto warm moist skin.
Useful Related Posts: