DIY Dry Hair Mask is simple and easy way to revamp your hair lost moisture and luster, without incurring hefty cost on branded hair care products and unwanted chemicals. Using entirely humble natural ingredients that are normally available in your kitchen, you can easily make incredible at home hair masks for dry hair to bring back your dry, damaged hair back to life! Try these all-natural hair treatments to liven-up your dull, dry tresses and flaunt your long, lustrous locks with delight!!
Best Natural Hair Masks For Dry, Frizzy And Damaged Hair
1. Humble Coconut Oil Dry Hair Pack: Due to Coconut oil’s fatty acids, protein, vitamins B and C, zinc, iron and potassium contents, it can work as one of the best dry hair treatments. Simply massage extra virgin coconut oil onto your scalp and hair, whenever you feel your hair is suffering a lot of stress because of blazing hot summers or harsh winters. You can also use it whenever you observe that your hair care regimen is missing something.
(i) Apply organic coconut oil into your hair section by section; massage it gently into your scalp and your hair, working downwards from hair roots till the ends.
(ii) Wrap your head and hair in a warm towel, leaving it there for about 20 minutes. Rinse, wash and condition your hair as you normally do.
2. Moisturizing Hair Mask For Dry Scalp And Dry, Damaged Hair: You need simply two natural ingredients to quickly make this nutritious hair mask that can nurture your dry, damaged hair with vitamins and healthy fat, transforming it into soft, shiny and voluminous tresses. Coconut oil is one of the best hair oil that has amazing moisturizing and conditioning characteristics. On the other hand, honey is an ancient times treatment for a number of usual hair disorders including dry scaling scalp, and it helps in treating dry, damaged hair as well. Here’s a quick run-down on how beneficial are its natural ingredients for dry hair:
|Natural Ingredients||Benefits For Dry Hair|
|Coconut Oil||Packed with antioxidants and vitamins. Nurture hair roots. Full of antiseptic fatty acids that protect the scalp against acne and fungal infections. Heals itchy scalp and remove dandruff. Calms down irritating scalp. Acts as a natural hair conditioner and moisturizer. Guards against split ends. Controls dry, frizzy hair. Makes hair soft and shiny.|
|Honey||Powerhouse of essential vitamins and minerals. Acts as a deep hair conditioner and effective moisturizer, Natural humectant. Locks in moisture into dry, damaged hair. Nurse sun-damaged hair strands. Has got anti-bacterial and anti-oxidants characteristics that maintain your scalp healthy and foster hair growth. Makes your hair look soft and smooth. Transforms hair into bouncy and glossy locks.|
(i) Mix together 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 2 teaspoons of honey in a small bowl and stir them thoroughly to form a thick concoction. And wow, your hair mask is all set to use! Astonished? How simple is this mask to prepare!!
(ii) With the help of your clean fingers, apply the hair mask onto your scalp first. Massage the mask gently into your scalp using your fingers in circular motions, and then work downwards from your scalp to the tresses.
(iii) After applying this mask, wrap a warm towel around your head to open up the hair follicles. This will ensure all the goodness of the mask gets absorbed into your scalp and hair strands. Wait for about 20-30 minutes, and then rinse your hair. As the coconut oil works as a natural conditioner, so you will not need to apply any hair conditioner.
Hair Beauty Tips:
(i) It’s easier to apply hair pack on to a little wet hair.
(ii) A simple massage of coconut alone onto your scalp and dry hair strands also works wonders on dry hair.
(iii) Always look for and use extra virgin coconut oil and pure organic honey to make the mask. They will be easier to get absorb into your scalp & hair and provide best results.
(iv) You can vary the quantities of the ingredients depending upon whether your hair is long or short.
(v) As this mask is all natural and does not contain any chemicals, you can apply this mask as often times in a week as you desire. For dry and normal hair, once per week is enough.
3. Hydrating Hair Mask For Dry, Damaged Hair: This all natural hair mask has two super natural ingredients, avocado and banana, that locks in moisture into your hair cells. This hydrating hair mask is very effective in revitalizing the dull, damaged, dry hair and works fast in restoring the shine and softness back to the dry tresses. The natural ingredients contained in the mask provide following benefits to dry hair in particular and normal hair in general:
|Natural Ingredients||Benefits For Dry Hair|
|Avocado||Full of vitamins A, E, D & B-vitamins, healthy fat and natural oils. Guards against hair loss. Nurture hair to stimulate hair growth. Imparts gloss and luster to dry, damaged hair, Prevents split ends and hair breakage, hydrating and softening in the process.|
|Banana||Packed with vitamins, potassium, antioxidants and moisture. It’s good for dry, brittle hair. Guards against hair breakage and split ends. Keeps natural hair elasticity. Strengthens hair follicles, Regulates natural hair oil production. Stimulates scalp and foster hair growth.|
(i) Take 1/2 fully ripe avocado and 2 ripe bananas and blend them in a blender or food processor until they turn into a thick and chunks free paste. This is critical that the paste is absolutely smooth with no lumps whatsoever, otherwise it would require a lot efforts later trying to comb out the fruits dry bits from your hair.
(ii) Apply the mask onto your damp hair from the hair roots to the ends with the help of your clean fingers. Cover your head and hair with a shower cap. Wait for about 20 minutes, and then rinse your hair completely, ensuring the whole mask is taken out. You will not be required to condition or shampoo your hair after using this hair mask.
Hair Mask Beauty Tips:
(i) To avoid dripping of this mask onto your clothes, wrap a soft cotton towel around your neck.
(ii) Work the hair mask from your scalp downwards till the ends of your hair.
4. Nourishing Hair Mask For Dry Hair: You need only two natural ingredients for this nurturing hair mask, namely, egg and olive oil. Eggs are packed with protein, fat and vitamins that are essentially needed to nourish dry hair back to healthy and lustrous state. Olive oil is known as one of the best moisturizing and nurturing oils to treat dry hair. Here is a quick check on benefits of these two natural ingredients for dry hair and normal hair in general.
|Natural Ingredients||Benefits For Dry Hair|
|Egg Yolk||Rich in healthy fat and B-vitamins. Highly nourishing for dry hair. Acts as a deep hair conditioner. Nurtures, lubricates and moisturizes dry hair. Guards against hair loss. Strengthens hair roots and follicles. Rejuvenate dry, damaged hair. Makes hair look silky and soft.|
|Olive Oil||Being used for hair care, since centuries. Nurtures and hydrates hair. Moisturizes dry, brittle hair. Contains healthy fat and vitamin E. Strengthens hair and guards against breakage.|
(i) Whisk 1 egg yolk in a small bowl till it becomes frothy. Mix in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and stir it thoroughly. As usual, use your clean fingers to apply hair pack onto the scalp first. Massage the mask gently into your scalp with the help of your fingers in circular motions for about 2 minutes.
(ii) Cover your head and hair with a disposable shower cap. Wait for about 15 minutes, and then rinse your hair completely with cold water. Never use hot water on hair, when you are using egg as an ingredient.
(iii) Use your favorite organic shampoo to get rid of the egg smell from your hair. Rinse your hair finally and condition your hair as you do normally.
Natural Beauty Tips:
(i) Massage your scalp gently while applying the hair mask. This will encourage blood flow to your scalp, fostering healthy scalp and promoting healthy hair.
(ii) Never use hot water on any hair mask that contains egg, as it can leave your hair with cooked bits of egg. Instead use cold to tepid water.
(iii) After using this hair mask, rinse, rinse and rinse your hair thoroughly as many times as needed to get rid of the hair mask totally from your hair.
5. Honey And Olive Oil Pack For Dry Hair: It may sound something unusual to you, but honey really works wonderful things for both your hair as well as face. Olive oil – we have already mentioned this amazing natural ingredient above and can be used in number of hair masks variants.
(i) Simply mix 4 tablespoons of honey with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, and voila – your nourishing hair mask is ready that can transform your hair into smooth, lustrous locks.
(ii) Apply this mask onto your scalp and hair, and then cover your head with a plastic shower cap. Let it stay there for about 20-30 minutes, and then wash your hair as usual.
6. Milk And Honey Hair Mask: If you have dry hair, try this natural hair mask. Take one half to full cup of full fat un-boiled milk at room temperature and add in 1 or 2 tablespoons of honey. Stir these two ingredients together well so as to dissolve the honey into milk completely. Pour this solution onto your scalp and hair, taking care that your scalp and hair are thoroughly wet with this mixture. Let it sit on your hair for about half an hour, and then wash it off using your favorite shampoo. This great hair mask will neither make your hair greasy nor weigh your hair down. It will make your hair soft, smooth and healthy instead.
7. Avocado, Honey And Olive Oil Mask: This DIY mask for dry hair is a simple, but great nourishing concoction of some of the best natural ingredients that work wonders for dry, frizzy and damaged hair.
(i) Mash one fully ripe, fresh avocado and mix in 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Blend these ingredients together to form a lump free mixture of uniform consistency. Remove all the avocado chunks, if any, from the mixture.
(ii) Message this mask gently onto your head and hair from roots till ends thoroughly. Cover your head and hair with a plastic shower cap, and let the mask works its magic for about 20 minutes. Twenty minutes will do the job, if you are in hurry and if you have time then wait for one hour to get the best results.
(iii) Wash your hair as usual with your regular shampoo.
8. Strawberries At Home Mask For Dry Hair: This hair mask will provide lots of moisture and shine to your dry hair.
(i) You just require 200 grams of fresh, ripe strawberries, 1 egg yolk and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Mash or blend strawberries, and then add in the egg yolk and olive oil. Blend all three ingredients together thoroughly so as to get lump free mixture, without any strawberries chunks left behind.
(ii) Apply the mask to your hair. Allow it to sit on your hair for about 30 minutes, and then wash your hair as usual with your favorite shampoo.
9. Papaya And Yogurt Hair Mask: If your hair are always dry, try this hair pack once or twice a week.
(i) Take 1 skinned fully ripe papaya and 1/2 cup of whole fat milk un-flavored yogurt. Blend the papaya thoroughly in a blender or food processor. Make it sure that no papaya chunks are remaining. Mix in the yogurt to make a uniform consistency gel.
(ii) Massage the gel gently on to your scalp and hair from roots till the hair ends. Wash your hair as usual with your favorite shampoo.
10 Protein Rich Mask For Dry, Damaged And Dull Hair: If your hair is dull and damaged, don’t worry. Here is an easy and effective fix.
(i) Take 1 egg yolk, 1/2 cup of whole fat milk, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Whisk the egg yolk, and then mix in milk and olive oil thoroughly to get uniform consistency gel. Add in the squeeze of 1 fresh lemon and mix well all the natural ingredients.
(ii) Massage the mixture into your scalp and apply onto your hair from roots to tips. Put on a plastic shower cap and let the mixture sit on your hair for half an hour.
(ii) Wash your hair with a mild hair shampoo. You can use this mask 2 times in a week to get the best results.
11. Banana, Honey And Almond Hair Mask: Use this hair pack to provide moisture to your hair and treat hair frizz as well.
(i) You require 1/2 fully ripe banana, 2 tablespoons of honey, and a few drops of almond oil. Blend the banana into a paste without any chunks left behind. Mix in all the ingredients together into a smooth mask.
(ii) Apply the mask onto your hair, leaving it there for 25 minutes. Wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
Happy Hair Masking!!
Useful Related Posts: