Hair masks are effective for improving your hair conditions, but most of them are very costly. The alternative option is to make hair masks at home. Making an all natural homemade hair mask is not only cheap, but is very nourishing to the scalp and hair roots. You can make these natural and organic hair masks easily at home by using natural ingredients available in your kitchen. With these homemade hair masks, you can feed and nurture your hair and scalp with potent natural nutrients, to make your hair grow into healthy and lustrous hair full of vitality. The other benefits of using hair masks made at home is that they don’t contain any harsh chemicals that may damage your hair.
Best Homemade Hair Masks For Healthy And Beautiful Hair
In this article, you will learn how to make homemade hair masks at home to repair hair and fix your hair problems – whether it’s dry, oily, damaged or dull.
1. Egg And Yogurt Homemade Hair Mask For Dry And Damaged Hair – A Homemade Hair Repair Mask : While an egg is full of protein and fats, the yogurt is a rich source of milk fat and lactic acid. Actually, the protein contained in eggs is the highest quality protein that you can ever find in any food. The ingredients in this mask make it the best homemade hair mask for dry and damaged hair. It boosts hair growth and maintains hair moisturized, clean and well-conditioned. This mask also regulates excessive oil of hair and makes your hair soft. Now don’t make a disgusting face. Do you realize that the egg homemade hair mask provides an excellent boost of calcium and protein, imparting a soft feel and lustrous shine to your hair ?
(i) Protein nourishes the hair roots for hair growth.
(ii) Fatty Acids provide a natural glossy shine to your hair.
(iii) Potassium heals dry damaged hair.
(iv) Vitamin A helps to guard against hair breakage.
(v) Vitamin D helps to prevent hair loss and balding.
(vi) Vitamin B12 stimulates hair growth.
(vii) Calcium promotes long and healthy hair. Calcium boosts hair growth and is important for proper absorption of vitamin D.
(viii) Lactic acid and zinc in yogurt improves hair growth
How To Make An Egg / Yogurt / Milk Homemade Hair Mask:
(i) Take 1 or 2 eggs, 1 cup of Yogurt or Milk (for shoulder length hair use 1/2 cup), 1 squeeze of lemon and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
(ii) Separate the egg whites and egg yolk of 1 or 2 eggs, depending upon the length and volume of your hair. For oily greasy hair use egg whites and if you have dry brittle hair use egg yolk. Use whole egg for normal hair. Beat the egg yolk or egg white or whole egg as per your hair type.
(iii) Add in milk or yogurt and 2 table spoons of olive oil with the slushy egg mixture and mix the ingredients thoroughly.
(iv) Add in a squeeze of a lemon with the mixture to give a stimulating feel to your scalp. Use an egg beater to whisk the mask well.
(v) Massage the mask thoroughly into your scalp, starting from roots to the hair ends. Allow the mask to sit for at least 15 minutes. To avoid dripping of the mask everywhere, cover with a disposable shower cap.
(vi) Rinse the mask off with water, taking care of all areas of your scalp to remove all of the egg bits.
(vii) Use your favorite mild fruit shampoo for a final cleansing of your hair to get rid of egg-y smell.
(i) Never use hot water to rinse off any egg based mask, as this will cook the eggs contained in the mask, and the cooked bits of eggs will stuck into your hair strands. Use normal or cold water to rinse out, as many times as required.
(ii) After rinsing off the egg mask, use strawberry or other deliciously smelling shampoo to get rid of egg-y smell.
(iii) Don’t over use the lemon juice, as it can give your scalp a burning sensation.
(iv) Apply this mask once in a week, but if you don’t like the smell and feel of an egg in your hair then you may use an egg homemade hair mask once in a month.
(v) Go for egg whites for oily greasy hair, egg yolk for dry brittle hair and whole egg for normal hair.
2. Banana Homemade Hair Mask For Damaged And Dry Hair: Banana Hair Mask is rich in potassium, vitamins, anti-oxidants and contains natural oil and moisture. It’s a good treatment for damaged hair and provides your hair with nutrition to make them strong and healthy. It’s effective for thin and weak hair and also when you are suffering from hair loss. Apply a powerful banana hair mask for its moisturizing properties to strengthen hair to avoid hair breakage and split ends. It helps your hair to maintain elasticity, as well as making them healthy and bouncy.
(i) Banana has carbohydrates, potassium, iron and Vitamin A, E and C. Potassium is good for dry damaged hair; vitamin A strengthens hair follicles and nourishes your dry hair; vitamin E makes your hair and scalp healthy and vitamin C regulates hair natural oil production.
(ii) Honey contains natural vitamins, minerals and natural moisturizers with extra healing.
How To Make A Banana Hair Mask At Home:
(i) Take 2 overripe bananas, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 table spoon olive oil and 1 table spoon of honey.
(ii) Blend the 2 overripe bananas finely into a smooth paste with no lumps or weeny banana pieces. Mix in the honey, olive and coconut oil and blend the mixture again.
(iii) Apply the mask into your scalp and lengths of your hair. Cover with a disposable plastic shower cap to avoid dripping of the mask everywhere. Let the hair pack settle and sink into your scalp for about 15-20 minutes.
(iv) Rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water and comb through to remove any banana pieces. Use your favorite shampoo or conditioner as you need.
Tip: Use overripe bananas for easy blending into a fine paste without any banana chunks, otherwise tiny pieces will remain stuck in your hair.
3. Homemade Avocado Hair Mask – A Moisturizing Hair Mask For Dry Brittle Hair: Avocados are well known for their nourishing and hydrating properties. This homemade hydrating hair mask contains moisturizing properties that work to revitalize dull lifeless hair and deep condition the hair as well. Avocado hair mask is good for dry and rough hair, so as to make them soft, smooth, hydrated and lustrous. Moreover, it stimulates scalp and prevents hair loss.
(i) Avocado contains vitamin E and Protein.
(ii) Avocado acts as an antibacterial agent, thus protects scalp and hair.
(iii) Avocado makes your hair smooth and soft.
(iv) Olive oil works as one of the best natural moisturizers for hair.
How To Make A Moisturizing Homemade Avocado Hair Mask:
(i) Take a fully ripe small avocado, 1 tablespoon of olive oil or almond oil and 1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk.
(ii) Blend the fully ripe avocado flesh until it turns into a creamy smooth paste, totally free from any lump. Mix in the milk and olive or almond oil thoroughly.
(iii) Message onto your hair starting from hair roots till the very ends of hair. Cover with a shower cap and let the mask sit for at least 15 minutes.
(iv) Rinse thoroughly with warm water. Use your fingers effectively or comb through to remove all avocado remains.
(i) Select a fully ripe avocado, so that it is easily mashed / blended into a fine smooth paste.
(ii) Make it sure to rinse your hair thoroughly to remove all avocado residues.
(iii) To avoid a drippy hair session, add only a little milk – may be 1/4 of a cup or even less.
(iv) There is really no need to use a conditioner after the rinse, as avocado offers natural hair conditioning properties.
4. Strawberry Homemade Hair Mask For Oily Hair: Strawberries are effective in regulating oil production in your scalp and removing oil from your hair. They are citrusy fruits, packed with vitamin C that nourishes hair and is essential for hair health. They are ideal natural agent to control scalp oil. They very gently help in rising off excess oil build-up. Strawberries also balance scalp’s natural ph and are a perfect hair mask to get shiny hair.
Vitamin C works to get glossy and shiny hair. Plus vitamin C helps in regulating hair oil production.
How To Make A Strawberry Hair Mask At Home:
(i) Take a handful of fresh ripe strawberries, about 7 for medium length hair (it really depends on volume of your hair), a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of coconut oil.
(ii) Blend all the ingredients together, until they form a fine smooth puree.
(iii) Apply the mask onto your damp hair, starting from roots till the hair ends. Let it sit there for about 10-15 minutes.
(iv) Rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water. You, really, would not require any organic shampoo because of the strawberries own sweet delicious smell.
Tip: You will need to use a moisturizing natural ingredient together with strawberries to avoid over drying of hair, as strawberries are generally used for very oily and greasy hair.
5. Yogurt Homemade Hair Mask: Yogurt is all purpose food loaded with anti-oxidants, vitamins, calcium and protein. Yogurt is a natural moisturizing agent, which regulates oily greasy hair by rinsing away excess oil in the scalp and from all along the hair. You can combine it with other natural ingredients, such as bananas for additional moisturizing hair care or strawberries for excess oil control.
How To Make An All Natural Yogurt Hair Mask At Home:
(i) Take 1/2 cup of yogurt (or less depending on your hair volume and length), 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of honey.
(ii) Mix all the natural ingredients together in a glass bowl.
(iii) Message the mixture in to the scalp, staring from hair roots until the tips of your hair. Allow it to sit there for at least 15 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water.
(iv) Finish with washing your hair with an organic fruit shampoo to get rid any remaining bad smell from the yogurt.
(i) Go for only probiotic natural yogurt or make your own yogurt at home. Always use a plain yogurt – neither a sweetened one nor a flavored one. Such a type of yogurt has live natural enzymes, which are full of good nutrients.
(ii) Don’t mix in too much of cider vinegar, as it can otherwise give a burning sensation to your scalp.
6. Coconut Oil Hair Mask For Dry And Damaged Hair: Coconut Hair oil works well on dry hair. While using coconut oil on hair, it’s recommended that you add in olive oil also to make a good treatment for dry and damaged hair. Coconut oil provides moisturizing effects to the hair and turns them into soft, thick and healthy hair. It keeps your scalp and hair well hydrated.
(i) Coconut oil contains saturated fats, lauric acid, vitamin-E, vitamin-D and iron.
(ii) Olive Oil works as one of the best natural moisturizers for hair.
How To Make Coconut Oil Hair Mask / Olive Hair Mask For Dry And Damaged Hair At Home
(i) Take coconut Oil and olive Oil.
(ii) Mix 2 parts coconut oil and 1 part of olive oil in a small glass bowl.
(iii) Message the mask thoroughly into your scalp and hair, starting from hair roots till the ends of the hair. Wrap your hair in a bun and cover with a shower cap. Let it sit on your hair as long as you can (not less than 20-30 minutes).
(iv) Rinse it with off with water and apply your favorite shampoo or conditioner, as per your needs.
(i) If you have more damaged hair, leave the mask on hair for longer and best would be to leave it over-night.
(ii) Use coconut oil or coconut oil hair mask more often on a regular basis.
It is very easy to prepare the above hair vitalizing natural hair masks at home. Use these homemade hair masks to make your hair healthy, beautiful and to keep them well-conditioned!!
Useful Related Posts: