Follow our recommended Fast Hair Growth Tips from an early age to prevent hair Loss and have healthy hair growth. It is never too late. Start from today. In this article, you will find the best hair growth remedies to prevent hair loss.
Hair Loss Causes: Early hair loss can be due to genetic factors, aging, illness, stress, over or under-active thyroid, hair abuses like blow-drying, perming, coloring, curling irons, neglect or using harsh, synthetic shampoos and conditioners.
Home Remedies For Hair Growth – To prevent hair loss and have healthy hair growth
1. Healthy Diet: You should have a nourishing diet comprising of proteins, iron, multi vitamins, Vitamin B complex, Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Vitamin E to have healthy hair growth. This is an effective hair growth remedy to stop premature hair loss.
(i) Proteins: The hair is made of keratin cells, which consist almost exclusively of protein. Therefore you need to consume sufficient proteins which can be in the form of milk products, peanut butter, lean meats, fish or fish oil, poultry, beans, tofu, lentils, legumes, nuts, seeds and essential fatty acids contained in vegetable oils. Hair is made of proteins; therefore its deficiency causes early hair loss. The first natural hair growth tip is to include in your diet sufficient proteins.
(ii) Iron: Iron deficiency also causes premature hair loss. You need blood circulation in your scalp to strengthen hair roots to prevent early hair loss. The second home remedy for hair growth is to have iron rich diet, such as, spinach, meats, apricots, liver, apples and raisins. If you are iron deficient, consider taking iron supplements.
Best Vitamins For Hair Growth
(iii) Vitamin C: Vitamin C also forms part of your hair. Third fast hair growth tip is to include in your diet guavas, kiwi, straw berries, papayas, citrus fruits, like, oranges and lemon. Indian goose berry is the best source of Vitamin C to prevent early hair loss.
(iv) Vitamin B family: B3 increases blood circulation to the scalp. Blood circulation is good for healthy hair growth. Take Vitamin B complex to avoid its deficiency.
(v) Vitamin E also stimulates blood circulation in your scalp. You can take it orally or can apply to your scalp. Include in your diet spinach, broccoli, red bell peppers, nuts, tropical fruits like papaya, kiwi to balance your vitamin E requirements.
(vi) Vitamin A: Include in your diet liver, sweet potatoes, carrots, dark leafy greens, butternut squash, lettuce and eggs, as they are rich in Vitamin A. Sufficiency of vitamin A will make your hair shiny & vibrant and spur healthy hair growth.
(vii) Omega-3 oils: Fish oil or Fish such as salmon, sardines, herring and mackerel contain high quantities of omega-3 oils and provide many vitamins that are good for hair follicles to facilitate healthy hair growth.
Including above vitamins & minerals in your diet will not only prevent premature hair loss, but will also make your hair healthy, soft & glossy. A good nutritious diet comprising of above minerals will also help in fueling healthy hair growth.
2. Natural / Essential Oils For Hair Growth: Blood circulation in your scalp is very essential to have healthy and shining hair. Massaging your scalp increases blood circulation and at the same time stimulates the hair follicles. You can use a wood or rubber scalp massager or your ten fingers tips (not nails). This is good for your hair growth / re-growth.
Scalp massaging is like scalp aerobics. This helps in distributing sebum, natural oils thoroughly all over your scalp. Massaging your scalp with oil is an ancient time fast hair growth remedy and it gives you maximum benefits as it supplies nutrition directly to your scalp and hair.
Selecting the proper oil that suits your hair needs certain experimentation. Whereas for naturally curly and coarse hair use heavier oil, for thin and fine hair use light oil.
(i) Heavy Oils: Avocado, Olive, Hempseed, Castor, Red Palm, Canola.
(ii) Medium Oils: Sweet Almond, Jojoba, Rosehip Seed, Virgin Coconut,
(iii) Light Oils: Apricot Kernel, Peach Kernel, Sesame Seed and Grape Seed. Sesame seed oil is an excellent treatment for skin and hair growth that has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries.
3. Hot Oil Treatment For Hair Growth: It keeps your scalp moisturized that makes hair healthy and bouncy. It is good for healthy fast hair growth and to stop premature hair loss. You should be careful while using hot hair oil treatments for hair as too hot oil mixture can burn the surface area of your hair. If hair oil is too hot, let it cool and then apply. You can mix your favorite oils for faster hair growth. You can use a mixture of coconut oil, almond oil and olive oil. Or you can mix olive oil and almond oil.
Following are the steps involved in diy hot oil hair treatment:
(i) Warm the oil mixture and apply with the help of cotton to the roots of your hair throughout your scalp.
(ii) Gently massage your scalp with the help of your finger tips for ten minutes.
(ii) Take a bath towel large enough to cover all of your hair. Soak it into warm water. Squeeze the towel and cover your hair. Make it sure it is not hot, otherwise you will burn your scalp. Keep it on your scalp and hair for five to ten minutes. This will open your scalp pores and oil will penetrates into your scalp skin.
(iii) Shampoo your hair. You don’t need conditioner for this hot oil treatment.
(iv) Let your hair dry. Don’t use comb on wet hair. You can also use thermal heat caps after warming them in microwave.
4. Coconut Oil For Hair Growth: Do you know with each shampooing there is a slight loss of protein from the hair shaft. To stop early hair loss, massage gently coconut oil or any of your other favorite oil or a mixture of oils and butters / organic oils into your scalp and hair prior to shampooing / washing and leave it for twenty minutes. This prevents protein loss while shampooing. No conditioner is required. This will also impart shine-touch to your hair. It’s a tested hair growth remedy.
Before going to surfing apply a little coconut oil to your hair, as salt & sun heat are not good for your hair.
Conditioners contain many artificial ingredients which are not good for your hair. That is why I am suggesting oiling instead of using conditioners. Even if you want to use conditioner, read the label before buying and use one which contains fewer of chemicals, synthetics and preservatives. Try to use organic one.
5. Shampoo For Hair Growth: While washing your hair, your hair loose the sebum. Then the oil glands compensate the loss by producing more oil. So do not overdo shampooing. Do it as much you need to keep your hair clean. Read the label on shampoo and choose one which contains less of chemicals, synthetics, preservatives and colorants.
6. Brushing and Combing: Hair is weaker when wet. So a very good natural beauty tip to avoid hair loss is not to brush or comb your hair while it is wet. First finger-comb your hair. This will help you in avoiding too much pulling while combing and avoid hair loss. After finger-combing, comb your hair with a wide tooth comb to untangle your hair before starting brushing your hair. Combing and brushing help in spreading oil down to the thirsty ends, cleans your hair and stimulates scalp to have healthy hair growth. Wash your comb and brush often with shampoo or baking soda to keep them clean.
7. More Natural Beauty Tips For Faster Hair Growth: (i) Hair shaft comprises of one quarter water. Drink plenty of water every day. It will keep you hydrated and help in your endeavor for healthy hair growth.
(ii) Avoid smoking. Smoking reduces blood flow to the scalp. Due to less blood circulation in your scalp, the hair roots weaken and cause hair loss. It also leads to reduction in hair growth.
(iii) Curtail on alcoholic drinks. Excess of alcoholic drinks causes reduction in hair growth.
(iv) Cut down or better avoid foods that are high in sugar and fats.
(v) Keep your hair clean and dandruff free.
Follow the above best selected fast hair growth remedies to have healthy and long hair. If you know any other tip, you are welcome to share with our other readers under the comments below.
Related Natural beauty tips for hair care: Hair Care