In this article are given DIY face masks for dry skin that are super moisturizing for dry, chapped and rough skin. These dry skin natural face masks use ingredients that, for the most part, are already available in your home and can be made at home. They will keep your facial skin moisturized and fresh. The benefits you get by making these face masks at home is that you avoid use of harmful chemical ingredients and moreover most of these masks can be made for pennies with help of natural ingredients already available in your kitchen.
How To Make DIY Moisturizing Face Masks For Dry Skin At Home
1. Egg And Honey Facial Mask For Dry Skin: Add 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil with the white of one egg in a small bowl and mix them well till they thicken slightly. Spread the mixture onto your face. Let it sit on your face for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water.
2. Banana, Yogurt And Honey Dry Skin Face Mask: Put 2 fully ripe bananas, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1/2 cup of yogurt in a blender. Blend these natural ingredients together till they form a consistent paste. Smear the paste onto your face, leaving it there for about 20 minutes or till it dries out. Rinse your face with warm water.
3. Cucumber And Aloe Vera Natural Face Mask To Manage Dry Skin: Peel a cucumber and place it in a blender. Add 2 tablespoons of aloe vera to it. Blend these two natural ingredients together until they form into a thick consistent mixture. Smear this paste onto your face, leaving it there for 30 minutes. Rinse off the mask with cold water.
4. Avocado And Honey Face Mask For Dry Skin Home Remedy: This great face mask recipe requires only two natural ingredients, namely, avocado and honey. Avocado contains lots of oils and honey is also a natural moisturizer. This mask is a boon for mature, wrinkled and dry skin. You need half of a ripe, fresh, organic avocado to make this dry skin face mask at home. The other half you can eat to give your skin a boost from inside as well!!
Mash 1/2 very ripe, soft avocado into a creamy pulp in a bowl. Then stir in 1/4 cup of honey to form a smooth paste. Apply it onto your facial skin, leaving it there for about 10 minutes. Rinse it off your face with the help of a cool washcloth.
Natural Beauty Tip: Use this natural recipe after applying brown sugar facial scrub – simple face scrub that exfoliates skin while this mask moisturizes. (Recipe given below).
5. Aloe Vera And Avocado Best DIY Face Mask For Dry Skin: This natural face mask is very effective in hydrating and softening dry chapped skin. Its three natural ingredients – aloe vera gel, avocado and honey – all are super hydrating. This mask also works great for wind-burned or sunburned skin because aloe vera contains natural healing agents. In addition avocado and honey are known to be packed with antioxidants that make this as one of the best DIY face masks for dry skin.
Take 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, 1/2 ripe avocado (eat the other half), 1 tablespoon of runny honey (if required, warm it for a few seconds in a microwave to make it runny), 1 teaspoon of almond or coconut oil and 1 ½ tablespoon of dry oatmeal (the real stuff not the instant one).
Mash up the avocado in a bowl until it turns into fine pulp without lumps. Stir in the aloe vera gel, runny honey, coconut oil and oatmeal. Mix these natural ingredients together to form a uniform paste. Spread the mask onto your freshly washed skin, leaving it there for about 15 minutes. Rinse the mask off with lukewarm water and a warm wash cloth. If needed, follow with a moisturizer on your still-moist skin.
6. DIY Milk Facial Mask for Dry Skin: This is an ancient time face mask. Raw milk is a well-known moisturizer that hydrates dry skin. This at home recipe is enough for two persons and for a single person you need to reduce the quantities by one half.
Take 1 teaspoon powdered milk, 1 tablespoon runny honey, 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel and 2 drops of an organic essential oil. Mix these natural ingredients well and apply onto your face. Allow it to sit on your face for about 15 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water.
This at home recipe is perfect for dry skin!! It opens up the skin pores and will make your skin soft and smooth.
7. Oat Bran, Yogurt, Honey And Olive Oil Face Mask To Treat Dry Skin: The natural ingredients required for this mask are normally available in your home.
Take 1 tablespoon of oat bran (you can use oatmeal, but the flakes look much goofier), 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Mix all the natural ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl. Smear it onto your skin, leaving it there for about 10 minutes or until it dries out. Rinse it off. If needed apply moisturizer on a still wet skin.
You can store the leftover mixture in your fridge in a sealed container. This mask mixture will stay fresh for about one week.
8. Banana, Honey And Oatmeal Dry Skin Face Mask: Take 1/2 ripe banana, 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 1 tablespoon of honey. Blend 1/2 ripe banana, 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 1 tablespoon of honey together. Stir in a little water and mix thoroughly until the mixture turns into a creamy uniform consistency paste. Smear evenly on to freshly washed skin, leaving it there for about 15 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water and pat dry your face.
If needed, apply a moisturizer on your still wet skin.
9. Carrot, Avocado, Honey And Egg Face Mask For Dry Aging Skin: This natural dry skin face mask is packed with antioxidants and moisturizing agents that work to hydrate your skin and also act to neutralize the free radicals that otherwise cause aging. Carrots are rich source of potassium that prevents skin dryness and also contain anti-inflammatory properties to help revitalize and tone up your skin. The other three ingredients, namely, avocado, honey and egg yolk are all moisturizing agents.
Take 1 carrot, peeled and de-stemmed, 1/2 avocado, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive or coconut oil and 1 egg yolk.
Steam or boil the carrot till it turns so tender that a fork can pierce it easily. Blend it along with 1/2 fully ripe avocado in a blender until it forms a uniform consistency pulp. Stir in 1 tablespoon honey, 1 egg yolk and mix well all the ingredients together. Smear it evenly onto your freshly washed face, leaving it there for about 15 minutes. Rinse of the mask with a warm washcloth, followed by applying moisturizer on the still wet skin.
10. Brown Sugar And Olive Oil Face Scrub For Dry skin: Brown sugar works as an excellent natural exfoliant for all skin types.
Take 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and about 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil or pure organic coconut oil.
Place the brown sugar in your palm. Add and stir in your palm the olive or coconut oil with your finger to create a uniform paste. Add the oil or sugar as needed. Message the mixture into your facial skin with your fingers in circular motion. Rinse it off with warm water. If you like, follow with a moisturizing mask for dry skin or a moisturizer of your choice.
Useful Related Articles: