You don’t need to spend time and money at your local spa. The secret to healthy and gorgeous skin lies in your home only. I have spoken to a number of natural beauty experts and have selected these 8 homemade facial masks.
These latest spa facial treatments may sound strange to you, but I am sharing these after testing them on my skin. For those who want to save money and time on going to spa, these top-notch 8 homemade face masks are a real treat to provide their skin a natural boost. The best part is that they all are made from entirely non-toxic ingredients; rather you can eat most of them!
Best Homemade Facial Mask Recipes
1. Banana Facial Masks: Bananas are natural Botox. That’s true: You don’t have to spend a fortune on Botox. Use a banana as an all-natural diy facial mask at home that moisturizes your skin and leaves it looking and feeling young and supple.
Method: Mash up a medium-size fully ripe banana into a smooth paste (lumps free), then gently apply it onto your face and neck. Allow it to sit for 15 to 20 minutes, and then rinse it off with cold water.
Alternatively, you can prepare a very effective mask by mixing together 1/4 cup plain yogurt (curd), 2 tablespoons of organic honey, and 1 medium fully ripe banana into a lumps-free smooth paste.
2. Vinegar Facial Masks: Applying vinegar as a skin toner dates back to the time of Helen of Troy, and it’s just as effective today. Mix 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar with 2 cups water. After washing your face, apply this mixture as a finishing rinse to cleanse and tighten your skin.
Alternatively, you can also make a face mask at home by mixing together 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar with 1/4 cup water. Gently apply the solution to your face and let it dry, and then rinse it off.
3. Milk Facial Mask: Here’s another natural way to pamper you with a classy spa facial at home. Prepare a mask by blending 1/4 cup of powdered milk with sufficient water to make thick paste. Slather this paste completely over your face, allow it to dry out totally, and then rinse it off with warm water. Your face will feel clean and smooth.
4. Oatmeal Facial Mask: You don’t have to go to a spa to give your face a quick fix that makes you feel good and look great, treat yourself with this amazing oatmeal facial. Mix 1/2 cup hot (not boiling) water and 1/3 cup of oatmeal. Let the water and oatmeal mixture settle for 2-3 minutes, add in and stir 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt (curd), 2 tablespoons of organic honey to form a uniform mixture. Beat one egg white separately, combine with the mixture thoroughly. Apply a thin layer of the mask onto your face, and allow it to sit for 15 to 20 minutes to dry it out completely. Then rinse with warm water. (Make sure to place a metal or plastic strainer in your sink to avoid blocking the drain with the granules.)
5. Mayonnaise Facial Mask: Why you need expensive creams, if you have whole-egg mayonnaise lying in your own refrigerator? You can pamper yourself to a soothing homemade whole-egg mayonnaise facial mask. Just gently coat your face with the mayonnaise and allow it to sit for 20 minutes. Then wipe it off and rinse with cool water. Your face will feel fresh and rejuvenated.
6. Yogurt Facial Mask: If you are looking for a quick pick-me-up, here is great way to cleanse your skin and tighten the pores. Spread some plain yogurt (curd) over your face and allow it to sit for about 20-25 minutes.
Alternatively, for a rejuvenating facial mask, combine 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt (curd) with the juice from 1/4 slice of orange, some of the orange pulp, and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel. Slather the mixture onto your face, leaving it for at least 20 minutes before rinsing it off.
7. Lemon Facial Mask: Here is an amazing facial that will not only exfoliate your skin, but also moisturize it at the same time. Simply mix freshly squeezed juice from 1/2 lemon with 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil or sweet almond oil. Apply it onto your face and neck, leaving it on for about 30 minutes and then wash it off.
8. Egg Facial Masks: Why waste money on expensive spa facial when you can treat yourself to this versatile homemade facial mask that can be applied on all skin types with a little variation. Head to your refrigerator and grab one egg.
For Dry Skin: If you have dry skin that needs moisturizing, separate the egg white from the yolk, and beat the yolk into a smooth gooey.
For Oily Skin: Beat the egg white and mix in a bit of freshly squeezed lemon juice or honey.
For normal skin: Use the entire egg. Beat into a uniform gooey.
Apply the above beaten egg yolk, egg white or whoe egg according to your skin type, relax and wait 30 minutes, then rinse it off. Enjoy your refreshed and rejuvenated face!
Ever used a face mask made with natural ingredients at home? How did it work for you? Share your experience below…
Useful Realted Posts: