Most of us have heard of a nourishing breakfast meal made-up of oatmeal sprinkled with berries. But few of us know that oatmeal can be used as an ingredient for making face masks that can be applied topically to get glowing acne free skin.
Oatmeal Face Mask Benefits
(i) Oatmeal acts as a great natural absorbent that absorbs excess oil from skin’s surface. This mask is great for acne-prone skin that minimizes acne breakouts and development of whiteheads and blackheads;
(ii) It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and soothes itchy, dry and irritated skin;
(iii) It works as an effective exfoliant, acts gently on super sensitive skin and can suit all skin types.
How To Make Oatmeal Face Mask
Here is rundown on 5 best homemade oatmeal facial masks that will get you rejuvenated, glowing and young skin. Read on to learn how to make oatmeal face masks at home.
1. Oatmeal and Honey Face Mask For Acne: Grind 1/4 cup of oatmeal in a coffee grinder or blender. This way you can do away with the possibility of having blotches of oatmeal on your face while applying the mask. Put the grounded oatmeal in a container and add in to it 1/4 cup of water and 2 teaspoons of honey. Stir the mixture well to form a paste. Apply the mask on your face and neck, leave it there for 10-15 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water. Pat dry your skin with a soft towel. Voila! You have got oatmeal and honey face mask recipe for acne prone skin.
2. Oatmeal and Yogurt Face Mask: This face mask works to cleanse and soothe your skin. Plain yogurt has live enzymes that can kill acne causing bacteria. Yogurt also acts to tighten your skin and uplift sagging cheeks. This mask is also good for getting rid of annoying blackheads.
Combine 1/4 cup of grounded oats, 2-3 tablespoons of whole-milk plain yogurt (unsweetened and un-flavored) and 1 teaspoon of honey and mix well in a small bowl until it forms a paste. Apply a thick coat to your face and neck with clean finger tips. Let the mask settle for 15 minutes. Gently rinse well with warm water to remove the entire mask. Splash cold water on your face to close the skin pores. Pat (never rub) dry with a soft towel. Should you feel your skin dry and stiff, apply one or two drops of olive oil to moisturize your face.
Natural Beauty Tip: If you have time then do a facial steaming before applying this mask to un-clog your skin pores, so that the nutrients of the mask penetrates deep into your skin.
3. Oatmeal, Banana and Milk Face Mask: This mask nourishes your skin to make it healthy and young looking. Banana acts as a natural Botox and milk to nourish your skin. This nourishing face mask works to hydrate your skin and improve your skin tone.
Combine and blend together thoroughly 1 tablespoon of grounded oatmeal, 1/2 ripe banana and 1 teaspoon of milk to form a lump free paste.
Wash your face with warm water to un-clog your skin pores and pat dry with a soft towel. Apply and rub the mask onto your face gently, using your clean fingers in small circular motions. Apply a thick coat to allow the ingredients to sink in. Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes, and then wash your face with warm water without using any soap. Lastly splatter cold water onto your face to close the skin pores, and then pat it dry with a soft towel.
(i) Use a ripe banana for easy blending.
(ii) For dry skin use creamy milk and for oily skin go for skimmed-milk.
4. Oatmeal, Egg and Extra Virgin Olive Oil Face Mask For Skin Tightening: Egg white, a rich source of protein and various vitamins, helps in tightening up your skin pores and lifting the sagging skin. Olive oil is packed with antioxidants that protect your skin from free radicals and damage therefrom. It is also a great moisturizer for all skin types.
Take one egg white and beat it in a bowl until it becomes frothy. Add and mix well 1 tablespoon of grounded oatmeal and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Apply the mask onto your face using clean finger tips in small circular motions. Leave it on for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water so that the entire mask is washed off. Splatter cold water on your face to close the skin pores. Pat your face dry with a soft towel. If you feel your face skin is dry, apply a couple of drops of olive oil gently to moisturize your face.
(i) Do not use processed olive oil to avoid skin irritation; instead use extra virgin olive oil.
(ii) This oatmeal face mask is very sticky. After 15 minutes, rinse your face with warm water until the mask is loosened, and then wash off the complete mask with warm water. Alternatively, to avoid mess you can apply this mask right before shower in your bathroom.
5. Oatmeal Moisturizing Face Mask For Dry Skin: Combine together 2 tablespoons of grounded oatmeal, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tea spoon of lemon juice. Apply to face and rinse with warm water after 15 minutes.
If you know of any oatmeal facial mask recipe, share it under comments below for the benefit of other readers.
Useful Related Posts: