All of us know that cleansing is an important step in any skin care regime. But few of us know that skin toning is equally important. Cleansing and toning go hand in hand for any skin care routine. To be more precise, cleansing, toning and exfoliating all three together makes your skin glowing, supple, young and beautiful.
To maintain your skin young, even-toned and glowing, include skin toning in your routine beauty care regime. In case of oily skin, toning becomes even more important. Skin Toner is applied after cleansing your face to absorb excess oil from the surface of your skin, get rid of the debris and residues of dirt and cleanser, leaving it sparkling clean and acne free!!.
There are many skin toners available on the market, but they are expensive and pinch your pocket heavily. Most of them are chemically based, so why we should shell out so much money on such toners that can do more harm than doing any good to your skin? Moreover why should you spend money on something when a better thing can be found in your kitchen?
Here are given tried and tested great homemade skin toner recipes. These recipes use natural ingredients that are easily available in your kitchen and are quick and easy to make. They do not cost you much and are also very effective compared to the ones available on the market Choose one of these that suits your skin type and find your way to even-toned glowing and soft skin!!
Homemade Natural Facial Skin Toners For Glowing Skin
1. Rosewater, Glycerin And Alum Toner For Normal Skin: Take 50 grams of rose water, 1/2 tablespoon of alum and 100 grams of glycerin. Combine all the ingredients and mix them well together. Dip a cotton pad into the solution and wipe your face and neck with it. Leave it there for 10 minutes, and then rinse it off with normal water. You can keep this homemade toner for skin in refrigerator for regular use.
2. White Vinegar Natural Skin Toner: When you want to apply skin toner, combine water and white vinegar in equal measures. Take a cotton pad, dip it in the mixture, squeeze it a little and wipe your face and neck with the damp cotton pad. This is a quick and easy homemade facial skin toner recipe.
3. Camphor And Rosewater Toner: Take a rose water bottle, add a pinch of camphor into the bottle and mix it well. Use this solution as a skin toner. Dip a cotton ball or pad into the solution and cleanse your face with this natural toner 2-3 times a day. This natural facial skin toner is very helpful for the ones who are suffering from acne, pimples or oily skin.
4. Lemon Juice As A Natural Toner For Skin: Message gently with lemon juice or rub lemon peels lightly on your face, leaving it there for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with normal water. This is one of the fastest, as well as easiest natural methods to tone your face. Bonus point is that it also helps in lightening the skin complexion and makes it oil free.
5. Cucumber And Yogurt / Curd Toner: Grate a fresh cucumber and add half a cup of plain yogurt / curd. Mix the ingredients well, and then apply it your face and neck, leaving it there for 5-10 minutes. Rinse it off with normal water. Store the remainder in your fridge for future use. This homemade toner is very effective for oily skin.
6. Honey, Lemon And Egg Toner: Take one egg and whisk it until it thickens. Add 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon. Mix the three ingredients well together. Apply the honey, egg and lemon juice toner onto your face and neck, avoiding eyes and lips. Leave it there for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with normal water.
7. Essential Oils And Salt Toner: Mix 2 teaspoons of salt with 100 ml of witch hazel (available at local drug stores). If witch hazel is not available, you can even use water instead. Mix a couple of drops of tea tree oil or any other essential oil of your choice. Add a few drops of lemon juice and mix well all the ingredients together. Keep this solution in a bottle in your fridge. You can use this homemade facial toner in the morning and evening after washing your face and before applying makeup.
8. Apple And Honey Skin Toner: Take one apple and blend it with 1 teaspoon of honey to form a thick paste. Apply this toner paste on your neck and face, leaving it there for 5-10 minutes. Rinse it off your face with normal water. Use can use this toner mask every day to get clear and glowing skin.
9. Mint Skin Toner For Dry Skin: Boil 2 handfuls of mint leaves in 100 grams of water. Mix well 1/2 teaspoon of alum with it. Strain this mixture and let it cool down. Keep this mint extract in your fridge. When you want to use this homemade mint toner, mix 2-3 drops of the extract in a cup of distilled or normal water. Apply this with cotton pads on your face to cleanse and tone your skin.
10. Tomato Juice And Honey Skin Toner: Extract tomato juice and combine it with organic honey in equal measures to form a thick paste. Mix these two natural ingredients well to have uniform consistency paste. Apply on your face, leaving it on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse it off with plain water. This is a very effective natural skin toner for oily skin.
11. Lemon Juice, Peppermint Tea And Witch Hazel Skin Toner: Take 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, a peppermint tea bag and 2 tablespoons of Hazel. Soak the tea bag completely in boiling water for a few minutes. Take out the tea bag and let it cool down. Mix well lemon juice and hazel with the tea bag solution. Dip a cotton pad into the solution, squeeze out the extra solution, and then wipe your face and neck with cotton pad.
12. Aloe Vera – An Effective Natural Facial Toner: Squeeze out juice from an aloe vera leaf and apply on your neck and face. Aloe Vera juice not only works as a natural toner, but heals sunburns and removes rashes on the skin too.
13. Milk, Honey And Egg Natural Toner For Skin: Take 1teaspoon of milk, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 full egg. Mix well all these three ingredients together to make natural toner at home. Apply it on your face, leaving it there for 10-15 minutes, and then rinse it off with normal water.
Include the above homemade natural toners of your choice in your regular beauty care routine. Use them after cleansing your skin and find your way to fresh and lively glowing skin.
Useful Related Posts: