Learn here how to apply moisturizer correctly so that you get the most from it, to keep your skin youthful and healthy.
1. Best way to moisturize is to apply moisturizer to your damp skin immediately after cleansing. This will help to lock in the water, preventing evaporation. Similarly, if you are applying toner, apply your moisturizer when the toner is still damp.
2. Do not apply moisturizer when your face is either dry or wet. If it is still wet, pat the excess water off your face with a clean towel, leaving your skin damp.
3. Put tiny dots of moisturizer on to your cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin. Starting at your left or right cheek, gently massage your moisturizer into your skin in small, circular motions. Continue to your chin, other cheek and forehead, then down to your nose. Continue massaging this way till the moisturizer is fully absorbed.
4. Apply a little bit of moisturizer on to your neck. Message gently in upward stroking motions till it is fully absorbed.
5. Best way to moisturize your face is to let your facial moisturizer to soak in and dry before applying foundation and makeup.
6. Don’t apply your facial moisturizer on / around your eye area. Instead of it use eye cream.
7. Use a moisturizer with SPF during day time only.
8. Don’t use a moisturizer with SPF at night.
9. You only need a tiny bit of moisturizer to effectively hydrate your face and skin.