How To Control Hair Loss Naturally – Prevent Hair Loss
In this article we will tell you the ways about How To Control Hair Loss naturally. It is better to start following these tips immediately to prevent hair loss. Hair loss not only affects men, but women also.
Do not remain under impression that by using expensive hair products, such as shampoos and conditioner you can prevent hair loss. You need to follow the steps mentioned in this article to control hair loss.
Let us first find out what are the major causes of hair loss.
What Are the Causes of Hair Loss: Normally every person losses about 40-50 strands of hair every day. They are replaced by new hair. But when either the hair loss is not being replaced by new hair or when the hair loss is more than the new hair grown then it becomes a cause for great concern. Following are the main causes for hair loss:
(i) Genetics Cause for Hair Loss: This is the foremost cause of hair loss. If your ancestors or close relatives have hair loss or thinning of hair in their lineage, you are likely to suffer from hair loss as well as a genetic cause.
(ii) Lack of Nutritious Diet leads to Hair Loss: Hair cells need proper nutrition. Deficiency of iron / folic acid and B vitamins is second major cause for hair loss.
(iii) Stress, a major cause for hail loss problem: Like any other organic cells, Hair cells too need rest and relaxation to rejuvenate.
(iv) Chronic and Viral Diseases, a Hair Loss Cause: Typhoid, Jaundice, High fever for longer periods and Viral Diseases, etc. affects your immune system resulting into your body becoming too weak leading to loss and thinning of hair.
(v) Hair Loss in Pregnancy and child birth: Women are prone to mineral deficiencies during pregnancy and child birth, which is one of the major causes for hair loss in women.
(vi) Hair Styling Products with Chemicals: Use of Hair Shampoos, conditioners and hair styling products containing chemicals over long periods also a cause for hair loss and hair thinning.
(vii) Dandruff a hair loss cause: Dandruff leads to scaly scalp resulting into hair loss.
(viii) Hard Water and Chemically treated water: Washing your hair with hard water or chemically treated water also causes hair loss and thinning of hair.
How To Control Hair Loss Naturally: If you follow our how to control hair loss tips then you can prevent hair loss naturally. Here are the summarized best ways to control hair loss.
1. Remove Causes of Hair Loss: Our first natural beauty tip is to bring about changes in your life style and eliminate the above causes of hair loss, as much is possible.
2. Regular Massage with Hair Oil: Massaging your scalp increases blood circulation in your scalp, stimulates hair follicles and in turn strengthens your hair roots. This also helps in to cure hair growth deterrents like fungal infections and dandruff. A bonus point is, it also helps in controlling your stress levels which is another reason for thinning of hair.
(i) You can use lukewarm coconut hair oil to massage your scalp. Alternatively, you can use olive oil. Dip your fingers in the lukewarm oil and rub onto your scalp and hair roots gently. You can massage your scalp before sleeping at night and keep it on overnight. Cover your pillow with a towel. Wash off your hair with a good quality shampoo in the morning. If you don’t like sleeping with oil on your head then you can massage your scalp during day time on weekends and let oil sit on your scalp for such time as much as you can and then wash off with a good quality shampoo.
(ii) If you don’t like to put oil onto your scalp, you can rub your scalp with your fingertips, without oil to increase blood circulation in your scalp and to stimulate hair follicles to control the hair loss.
3. Appropriate Nutritious Diet: To prevent early hair loss and thinning of hair, you need to consume a healthy balanced diet rich in iron, protein, calcium and vitamins B.
(i) Consumption of Protein rich foods help in the growth of plush hair. Foods rich in proteins are turkey & chicken breast, fish (tuna & salmon), lean beef, cheese, tofu, beans, eggs, yogurt, milk, buttermilk, soy milk, nuts and seeds (peanuts, almonds)
(ii) Iron rich foods help in preventing hair loss. Consume iron rich foods like beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, spinach, sweet potatoes, peas, broccoli, strawberries, watermelon, raisins, dates, figs, tofu, beans etc. Iron rich foods not only will prevent hair loss but also stop premature graying of hair.
(iii) Women should take sufficient amount of foods containing iodine and vitamin B1. A deficiency of these nutrients decreases blood supply to scalp which results in to hair loss. Women should also be particular about the sufficiency of iron in their diet.
(iv) In case of persistent hair loss, you can consult your doctor, who after checking about the deficiencies in you of any of above nutrients, can prescribe supplements to set right the deficiencies, if any. Please read this a very good article on Best Vitamins for Hair Growth.
(v) In any case we recommend you consume a balance healthy diet comprising of seeds, nuts, grains, wheat germs, vegetables, fruits, meat, fish, sea foods, dairy products.
4. Avoid Stress: To prevent hair loss at an early age or premature graying of hair, avoid stress. To avoid stress you can do yoga, meditation, exercises or go for long walks.
5. Hair Care Routine: You need to follow a healthy hair care routine. As you know if you want to keep any organ of your body healthy including hair, you need to keep it clean. Please read this article for a Healthy Hair Care Routine to follow in order to control hair loss and premature graying of hair.
6. Treat Dry Hair & Dry Scalp: Dry Scalp & Dry hair contribute to hair loss at an early age and premature graying of hair. Please read these very good articles on How to Treat Dry Scalp and How to Take Care of Your Dry Hair.
7. Avoid Using Hair and Coloring Products Containing Chemicals: Try to use chemicals and fragrance free products. The chemicals can irritate your scalp aggravating hair loss.
Do not neglect your hair. Follow above very effective Natural Beauty Tips about How to Control Hair Loss and get healthy and plush hair.