How To Give A Pedicure At Home in Easy Steps
Follow our How to Pedicure At Home Tips to get your feet looking Pedicure Perfect without going to salon. Give pedicure to your feet at home at your convenience to enhance your overall beauty and personality. Spend a little time in doing at home pedicure and you will get your feet looking pretty and stunning in no time.
At Home Pedicure Tools And Supplies
You need following for your At Home Pedicure supplies and tools:
(i) Nail Clippers, Nail File or Emery Board, Nail Polish Remover, Cuticle oil or cream or baby oil, Cuticle Stick / Pusher, Cotton Pads, Nail Polish
(ii) Basin for soaking your feet, towels for drying your feet.
(iii) Exfoliating scrub, Foot file, pumice stone
(iv) Foot moisturizer (optional)
How To Give Pedicure At Home In Easy Steps
1. Remove existing nail polish, if any – First step : Rub your feet nails with some cotton dipped in nail polish remover to remove old nail polish. The nail polish removers that are alcohol and acetone free are less drying, but they don’t work well especially on dark shades. Use these on lighter nail polish shades only.
2. Feet Soaking – Second step : Fill a basin with enough warm water to cover your feet up to ankles and add:
(i) Epson salt ½ cup. This works as a balm and soothes inflammations, lessen roughness and ease muscle pain. If not available, you can use any other bath salts.
(ii) Juice of one lemon.
(iii) Few drops of a Foot wash of your choice. Alternatively, you can use liquid hand wash or shampoo as per your choice.
(iv) Essential oils as per your likings. Best options are Lavender or Eucalyptus. Lavender relaxes and rejuvenates the skin and helps ease the nerves. On the other hand eucalyptus relieves your aching feet. It also works as a disinfectant and antiseptic.
(v) Throw in few small pebbles into the basin and place your feet over them. This works as an excellent massage.
(vi) Pull up a chair along the side of basin and sit in a comfortable position while soaking your feet for 10-20 minutes, as per your need and liking. Dry your feet with a towel thereafter.
3. Trimming and Filing your nails – Third step : Use high quality clippers made for clipping toe nails. Make it sure to cut toe nails straight across just above the skin so that your nails should not extend over the tips of your toes. Use at least three cuts on each nail, as clipping the whole nail in one go may lead to cutting too close to the skin. Do not cut corners too much to avoid painful ingrown nails. Use an emery board or nail file and file your nails in one direction, until they are even and slightly rounded at the corners. Avoid using metal files, as they can rip your nails. Use the fine grade surface for smoothing the nails and the coarser surface for shaping the nails.
4. Exfoliating and Taking care of your cuticles – Fourth step :
(i) Rub in a little bit of cuticle cream on the base of each toe nail. Leave it there for a few minutes.
(ii) In the meantime remove the dead skin cells with pumice stone or a dry foot file. If you do not remove dead skin cells, they will become hard and thick and may be infected and cracked later. Scrub your ankles also.
(iii) Make sure to scrub the heel and balls of the feet, sides of your heel and around your toes. Avoid scraping too hard. Stop if your foot turns red. Tough skin is there for a reason.
(iv) Now wipe off the cuticle cream and gently push back the cuticles with cuticle pusher. Neat, rounded cuticles will give your feet a pretty look.
(v) If needed, use an old toothbrush to clean your toes and underneath your toe nails.
5. Moisturizing – Fifth step :
(i) After you finish with scrubbing, wash your feet clean, dry them thoroughly including between the toes and rub a thick moisturizer or foot cream on your feet, top and bottom, including your heels and cuticles.
(ii) You can use any moisturizer of your choice. Even if you have purchased a face cream and later you find it too heavy for using on your face, you can use it for your feet.
6. Polishing Toe Nails – Sixth step :
(i) Clean excess oils on the toe nails with cotton soaked in polish remover.
(ii) If you want it simple, just apply a coat of clear polish.
(iii) If you like color, then first apply a thin base coat. Use three strokes. One down the middle then on each side. Make it sure not to paint cuticles.
(iv) Wait for the base coat to dry out then apply two coats of nail polish of your choice. Let the first coat dry before you apply the second coat. This will make your nail polish last longer.
(v) Finish with a thin top coat, clear nail polish (optional).
(vi) Clean any slip-ups of the polish with cuticle stick, wrapped in cotton and dipped in polish remover.
You are now ready to wear your favorite stylish footwear showing your pretty anklet, toe rings or whatever you fancy.
Natural Beauty Tips about how to give a home pedicure:
(i) If your toenails are yellow, soak them in lemon juice for ten minutes then clean.
(ii) Apply clear nail polish after every two days and moisturize daily to make your pedicure last longer.
(iii) Consider applying some cute glitter to make your toe nails look gorgeous.
(iv) If you have cracks, rub some Vaseline on your feet and wear loose cotton socks over-night. You will notice the difference in few days.
(v) Home-made massage oil for your feet: Mix one tsp each of Almond and Olive oil with 10 drops of any essential oil of your choice.
(i) Be careful not to cut or clip your cuticles, as it can lead to infection.
(ii) Make it a point to cut your toe nails straight to avoid painful ingrown toenails.
Follow the above How to do a Pedicure at Home tips to give you pedicure at your convenience and show case proudly your perfectly at home pedicured pretty feet.
Related useful articles: