How Do You Exfoliate Your Face – To Have Flawless and Glowing Face Skin
In this article you will learn how to exfoliate your face at home in easy steps to have healthy, glowing and young-looking face. By mildly exfoliating your face, you can remove the surface layer of dead cells to get a soft and cleansed face.
What is Exfoliation: It is a process that takes away dead skin cells from the surface of your body skin that are the cause for clogging pores and aging signs. For this purpose, you need to use a type of face wash that contains tiny, sand-like particles. Gently scrubbing such particles on your body skin scrape away dead skin cells and uncover newer ones, leaving your skin soft and flawless.
Why you need to exfoliate your face: You need to do it for three reasons: (i) Firstly, It totally cleanse the skin, removing the build-up from the pores and helping to get rid of whiteheads and blackheads. (ii) Secondly, it smoothens and improves the skin’s texture to give your face skin soft and flawless look (iii) and thirdly, it stimulates blood flow to your face to give the appearance of youthful glow.
How often you should Exfoliate your Face: In normal conditions, exfoliating your face twice a week is enough. But if you have sensitive or delicate skin, twice a week might be too much for you and can leave your face skin irritated. On the contrary, if you have naturally oily skin or live in a warmer climate, you might need to exfoliate your skin more than twice a week to counter the greater buildup of dead skin cells.
How to Exfoliate your face at home: Follow these easy steps to exfoliate your face:
1. In case you have long hair then you need to hold your hair away from your face with the help of hair tie or head band.
2. Remove make-up and cleanse your face with your regular cleanser. You need to have a fresh, clean face in order that the exfoliation treatment which you apply may properly penetrate the skin.
3. The next step is to steam your face. Or alternatively you can wet a clean wash cloth under hot water and then place it to cover your entire face for 1-2 minutes. This will open your face pores, soften your face skin making it more responsive to the exfoliation treatment you apply, thereby making the deep cleansing process easier.
4. To exfoliate your face at home, you can try either chemical or physical exfoliation with an over-the-counter scrub, or if you like you can make your own exfoliation scrub as follow:
Put three tablespoons of regular white sugar into a small bowl. Add to it one tablespoon of water. Mix the sugar and water with your finger until it is a slightly thick paste.
5. Use your finger or put the paste onto a clean soft wash cloth or rag and gently scrub the paste in small upward circular motions over your entire face to remove the dead skin. Continue this process till you have exfoliated the skin of your entire face.
Caution: Don’t mistake by doing it with heavy hands. Let the exfoliating particles do their job. While exfoliating just glide across the face and don’t over-do it.
6. Rinse the scrub off thoroughly with tepid or lukewarm water and then splash your face with cold water to close the pores. Take care to get all the scrub off, otherwise you may feel like having a sticky face.
7. Pat dry your face gently with a clean soft face towel.
8. At the end apply your anti-aging serum (if you have one) and/or regular moisturizer. You can also consider applying a sunscreen or sunblock if you are going out in the sun after exfoliation, as your dead skin cells having been removed the fresh skin is prone to get damaged in the sun.
Natural Beauty Tips:
1. You can apply the above exfoliation process at night before sleeping.
2. To exfoliate your face, use products that are meant for face only.
3. Do not over-exfoliate, as you might end up doing more harm than good.
4. Ensure to keep your face moisturized at all times, if you exfoliate regularly. Exfoliation causes the skin to dry out and the dry skin is prone to wrinkles.
Follow above tips about how to exfoliate your face at home to get soft, flawless and glowing face skin.
Useful Related Article: How to exfoliate your skin at home.