Learn here easy tips on what makes your hair shiny. Shiny Soft hair not only keeps you cheerful, but you can style your hair easily the way you want it to be.
How To Make Hair Shiny
Follow our easy tips for how to make your hair shiny and you don’t need to spend long hours at the hair salon to make hair Shiny.
1. Massage to get healthy hair: To have shiny and healthy hair, your scalp needs nourishment. Massaging your scalp with your fingertips stimulates the blood circulation. If you like, you can use coconut, olive oil or any other essential oil for massaging before sleeping at night and shampoo your hair in the morning.
2.To add Shine to Hair: Rub lemon juice and apple cider vinegar into your hair roots for shiny and healthy hair. Wash your hair after half an hour. Be careful not to stay in sun with lemon juice on your hair, as this can lighten your hair color.
3. Shampooing Frequency about how to get healthy shiny hair:
(i) To make hair shiny, allow the natural oil from your scalp to reach the ends. So the most hair experts advise to shampoo your hair every other day or every third day.
(ii) In the meantime if you want to freshen your hair, simply spritz your hair roots with water and restyle your hair with blow dryer the way you like.
4. Avoid Hot Water to wash your Hair to have glossy hair: After shampooing and conditioning wash your hair with cold water, which will close the hair cuticles and make your hair shine. Hot water dries out your hair and makes it look dull.
5. Use a Leave-in Conditioner to get super shiny hair:
(i) If your hair is damaged, only way to make hair shiny is to improve its condition.
(ii) When your hair is damp, apply leave-in conditioner to the damaged area.
(iii) If you want to have a super shiny hair, use a leave-in conditioner.
(iv) Be careful not to wash your hair till it squeaks. Wash your hair till it still feels like that there is a bit of conditioner in there and then pour cold water over your head. After this don’t rinse further or run your finger through your head.
(v) If your hair is really in bad condition, consider a good quality deep-conditioning treatment.
6. Avoid too much Hair Styling to have shiny hair: Too much of bleaching, styling and using heat products can dry out and damage your hair. They tend to take away shine from your hair in the long run.
7. Be careful while blow-drying your hair to have healthy hair:
(i) Best is to air-dry your hair.
(ii) If you have to use hair dryer, never use it on wet hair. Make sure your hair is at least 70% dry before you use hair dryer and style. You can wrap your hair in a towel for five minutes and then let hair air-dry for another five – ten minutes till it is 70% dry.
(iii) The less heat you use on your hair, the healthier they remain.
8. Avoid Harsh Chemicals to get healthy hair:
(i) Harsh chemicals are enemies of soft shiny hair. If you have to use them, neither leave them on too long and nor use them often.
(ii) Also limit your hair exposure to the chemicals, like chlorine in swimming pools.
(iii) Avoid products that contain alcohol, as they dry out your hair and strip off its shine.
(iv) Choose shampoo and conditioner having natural / organic ingredients.
9. Trim your hair ends once in six weeks: This is because of the fact that split ends make your hair look dull and dry. For Split ends problems, read How to Get Rid of Split Ends.
10. Diet about how to make your hair healthy:
(i) Hair is made of protein, so eat sufficient protein to strengthen your hair and add shine to hair. Eggs, chicken, beans and nuts are loaded with protein.
(ii) Include in your diet variety of fruits, vegetables, especially dark green veggies.
(iii) Vitamins A and E are helpful to make hair shiny.
11. Drink plenty of water to keep you hydrated: This helps to keep you healthy, including keeping your hair and skin properly moisturized.
12. Some other tips about how to have soft shiny hair:
(i) When brushing your hair, you just need a few strokes to style hair and spread the natural oils from roots to ends. Don’t brush too much as the friction can break your hair.
(ii) Avoid smoking and too much of alcohol, as both are bad for your health and healthy shiny hair.
(iii) Dandruff makes your hair look dirty and dull. Use a shampoo with salicylic acid, zinc, selenium sulfide or tar to eliminate flakes. To get rid of dandruff, Read Home Remedies for Dandruff.
(iv) If you wash your hair in the morning, cover your pillow with a towel and rub coconut or olive oil into your hair roots the earlier night (if you wash your hair at night, rub it in about an hour before washing your hair).
13. Natural beauty tips about how to get soft shiny hair: Rub real mayonnaise throughout your dry hair from near the hair roots till it ends. In case you have oily scalp, don’t rub it into your scalp or too close to your hair line. Wash your hands and wrap your hair in a towel or cover your head with a shower cap. Keep it like that for half an hour. Rinse your hair and then shampoo it.
Include the above tips about how to have shiny hair into your hair care regime and see how your hair turns into healthy shiny hair.
Useful Related Article: