In this article you will find how to get healthy teeth and gums tips. Follow these simple tips to get healthy and sparkling white teeth.
1. What you eat or drink shows up on your teeth. So avoid too much of red wine, black tea or smoking cigarettes. Other culprits for not-so-pearly whites are colas, dark juices and gravies. So follow these tips:
(a) You should brush your teeth at least twice a day.
(b) Take care to brush your teeth after taking tooth-staining foods and drinks.
(c) Moreover to avoid cavities and have healthy teeth, brush and rinse your teeth after having sugary products. If you are not having a tooth brush around, better is to have an apple in your dessert.
2. Brush your teeth at least two minutes – the minimum time to brush to clean all the bacteria-packed plaque from your teeth.
3. While brushing your teeth, you must clean your tongue with a tongue scrapper every morning to get rid of tongue plaque and freshen-up your breath. Use a tongue scrapper instead of brushing your teeth with a toothbrush.
4. Change your toothbrush at least every two to three months. If you do not do this you would just be transferring bacteria from your brush to into your mouth. The worn-out toothbrushes can harm your gums even.
5. Cut back on sugary products. Sugar plus bacteria form oral plaque, which can lead to bleeding gums, tooth decay and cavities. Refined sugar and carbonated beverages can also dissolve tooth enamel. Avoid fizzy drinks as they are usually very sweet and can damage your teeth.
6. Avoid using over-the-counter mouthwashes that have too much of alcohol. These can dry out the tissues in your mouth making them more vulnerable to bacteria.
7. Instead of chewing very hard foodstuffs suck them, such as hard candies and ice. Chewing hard foods can produce tiny fractures in the enamel of your teeth which can merge and lead into major cracks over the years.
8. Try to drink a glass of water after every hour during the day. This way you can flush off bacteria from your teeth and mouth, resulting into less likelihood of gum disease, lesser cavities and fresher breath.
9. Eat firm and crisp foods to clean your teeth naturally, such as apples, raw carrots and celery. It’s better to eat these foods after your meals, if you can’t brush your teeth thereafter.
10. Avoid alcoholic drinks and smoking, as they harm your teeth.
Besides following above healthy teeth tips, visit your dentist regularly, say every six months.