Make Your Hair Thicker Naturally – Thick Hair Tips
Not all are lucky enough to have been born with thick hair. Even in case of people who are born with thick hair, hair loss and thinning is a common problem due to aging, excessive stress levels, hormonal imbalances, nutritional deficiencies, use of harsh hair caring products, pollution, allergies, hereditary reasons, etc.
Hair is considered as an asset that improves the physical looks of a person. If you have thick hair, you have both the options of whether keeping your hair tied-up or just leaving it loose. Every style looks stunning on you, so it’s natural to get worried when one is suffering from hair loss or thinning of hair.
Can You Make Your Hair Thicker
As you grow old, your hair start thinning. However, there are natural ways to delay hair thinning and make your hair thicker. Read on here to learn natural beauty tips and remedies about how to make your hair thicker.
How To Make Your Hair Thicker
Follow these Thick Hair Tips to make your hair thicker and longer:
1. Avoid harsh chemical based hair products: Most hair shampoos and conditioners contain harsh chemicals that are effective in cleaning, but they dry out your hair, causing much damage. Some people don’t get affected by them, but it’s better to avoid them rather than to damage your hair.
(i) Sodium and sulfates are the common cleaning agents contained in most of the shampoos that are very harmful to hair and cause early hair loss and thinning.
(ii) Go for hair products that contain natural or organic ingredients.
2. Avoid too much washing of hair: Every time you wash your hair, it strips your hair off nutrients and essential natural oils. Our scalp produce natural oils which covers and protect the hair from polluted environment. Washing your hair everyday make it weaker overtime, causing hair thinning and breakage.
(i) Every body’s hair washing requirements are different. In most cases shampooing twice a week is enough, but if your hair is super oily, you may like to wash your hair every alternate day.
(ii) Consider using dry shampoo if you feel your hair needs cleaning in between the regular hair washing. This will give your hair a look of freshly washed and thicker hair. Dry shampoo is like a powder that you can comb through your hair, particularly around the roots.
(iii) Make it sure to use conditioner after washing your hair every time to restore moisture.
3. Brush your hair the correct way: Brush your hair regularly, as it distributes the natural oils produced by your scalp to the ends of your hair. If done the right way, it stimulates hair growth. On the other hand, if you brush your hair in the wrong way it can be damaging for your hair.
(i) Go for a plastic wide-tooth hair comb, instead of bristled brush.
(ii) Do not brush wet hair, as your hair is weak at that time and prone to breakage.
(iii) Do not brush too much, as it can break your hair.
3. Hot Oil Massage: Massage natural oils, like coconut, olive or jojoba, as it contributes to strengthen your hair and stimulates hair growth. Massaging the scalp revitalize the hair follicles to thicken hair naturally. Warm the natural oil of your choice to a comfortable temperature before massaging your scalp. Let it sit on your scalp for 45-60 minutes and then rinse it off.
4. Avoid hot styling tools: Over use of these tools, like blow dryers, straight irons, and curling irons, cause your hair to become dry and brittle, rendering it to break and fall over time.
(i) Best is to let your hair air-dry whenever possible. Keep the hot styling hair tools for use on special occasions only.
(ii) If you must use styling tools often, consider using a heat protecting product such as argan oil to be applied to your hair right before styling.
5. Keep away from hair dyes: Avoid bleach, dyes and colors and other chemical treatments, as they dry out your hair and cause extensive damage to your hair. Even the so called natural hair lightening methods, such as using lemon juice can make your hair frizzy.
Home Remedies For Thicker Hair
1. Eggs – Natural Protein Treatment for Your Hair: Hair is made up of protein, so it is essentially required to make your hair long and thick. Eggs are rich source of protein. To feed protein to your hair, take one or two eggs depending upon length of your hair, beat them well and mix a little bit of aloe vera gel. Apply this mixture onto your wet hair and let it sit there for 10-15 minutes before washing your hair with lukewarm water and shampoo of your choice. Apply this protein treatment twice a week. An alternative way to make hair thicker is to mix together yolk of an egg with any natural organic oil of your choice and two tablespoons of water. Massage this mixture onto your scalp once a week to thicken hair naturally.
2. Fenugreek Seeds Hair Mask: They are not only good for your health, but are also good for overall health of your hair. They are good for removing dandruff, preventing hair loss and making your hair grow thicker and longer. Soak some fenugreek seeds in water (proportional to the length of your hair) for about 10 hours. Blend them into a consistent thick paste, and then apply it onto your scalp and hair. Let it remain on your hair for about 30 minutes, and then wash your hair.
3. Flax Seeds Rinse: Flax seeds are rich source of omega-3 fatty acids which can make your hair thick naturally. Take about three tablespoon full of flax seeds and soak them in a bowl of water for five days. Apply this flax seeds solution directly on to your scalp with the help of a cotton swab. Wash it off after 10-15 minutes. Continue this natural remedy to get long thick hair. In addition to its topical application, you can include freshly grounded flax seeds in your diet to thicken your hair.
4. Natural Fruit Hair Masks to get thicker hair: Fruits are not only good for your health, but if applied they make hair grow thicker and longer. Try these homemade hair masks made out of fruits:
(i) Strawberries and Banana Hair Mask / Pack: Mash some strawberries or a banana together in to pulp. Mix milk and honey into this pulp to make a consistent thick paste. Apply this pack onto your hair and let it sit till it dries out completely, and then wash it off. It is a natural beauty tip to grow thicker and longer hair.
(ii) Avocado Hair Mask / Pack: Avocados are packed with vitamins A, B and E. They are very effective to moisturize hair naturally. Massage gently a mixture of mashed ripe avocado and banana onto your scalp to make hair thicker. Let the mixture sit on your scalp and hair for about 30 minutes. Wash your hair with shampoo and apply conditioner. Alternatively, you can make a natural hydrating mask by mixing two tablespoons of olive oil with half a ripe mashed avocado.
5. Orange: Orange juice is very good for overall health of your hair. It helps in getting rid of dandruff, oily scalp and making your hair thick and long. Combine orange juice and apple puree in equal proportions and apply this mixture once a week onto your scalp and hair. Let this mixture remain there for 30 minutes and then rinse it off.
Another option is to mix orange juice with olive oil in equal proportions. Warm it a little bit, and then apply it onto your hair leaving there for 30 minutes. Wash it off with plain water. You can also make an orange hair mask from orange peels and use it for overall health of your hair.
(i) Consume a healthy diet, so that you get all the essential vitamins and nutrients to have thicker hair.
(ii) Add a few oil drops to your conditioner. Apply conditioner to your hair ends first, and then run your fingers upwards through it to get rid of super dry hair ends.
(iii) Apply olive or coconut oil onto your scalp and hair, once or twice a week, for about 30 minutes before you wash your hair. You will see the results within few weeks.
(iv) Never stretch or pull your hair too much.
(v) Untangle your hair slowly. Go for a plastic wide-toothed comb. Never brush your hair, while it’s wet.
Useful Related Articles: