Nine Natural Hair Care Tips and Perfect Hair Solutions
Healthy, Strong and shiny hair are attributes of perfect hair. To get perfect hair, you need to follow perfect hair solutions and practice healthy hair care tips & habits.
We have researched to find out what hair care routines and hair care habits do the women with strong, shiny and healthy hair follow. We have compiled following nine natural hair care tips and habits that you need to follow to get perfect and healthy hair:
1. How often to shampoo: Daily washing your hair while you are taking showers or baths strips your hair of its natural oils. The best habit is to shampoo and condition your hair two to three times a week or at the most every alternate day. If you wash your hair too often, it dries it out.
2. Switch over products regularly: Find out three-four good quality gentle shampoos and conditioners that suit your type of hair. Keep switching them, so that your hair do not gets used to a same one. This habit of switching over products will provide your hair with all the required nutrients over a period of time.
3. Prefer Combing than Brushing your hair: Wet hair is at its weakest position when it is wet. So never brush your wet hair, as it will break your hair. Use a wide toothed comb, immediately after washing your hair in order to avoid breakage and knots.
Also avoid too much use of hair brush. Rather prefer using a comb. In case you want to use brush, follow these brush your hair care tips:
(i) Never brush your wet hair.
(ii) Go for a natural fiber / bristles, like a boar bristle brush. These types of brushes tend to distribute oils throughout your hair to give them an even tone.
4. Let Your Hair Dry Naturally: Best is drying out your hair naturally. Avoid heat styling to have perfect shiny hair. Avoid wringing your hair with a towel after washing your hair, as it can cause breaking of your hair. Just pat your hair dry with a towel to take away extra moisture.
You can use blow dryer, provided you follow these hair care habits:
(i) Hold hair dryer at a distance from your hair, so as not to expose your hair to direct heating;
(ii) Preferably, keep the dryer at cool setting;
(iii) Try using a heat protection spray while using blow dryer, hot rollers or a flat iron.
5. Trim your hair regularly: The best solution to prevent split ends is to trim your hair every three months and even better every six weeks. You don’t need to go to a salon every time. Just keep your own hair styling scissors at home and do it yourself, whenever you are unable to go to hairdresser.
6. Go for styling products or coloring your hair only when necessary: Do not over-process your hair. Firstly, avoid too often application of styling products to your hair. If it is necessary to apply them, then apply them to hair strands only and not to your scalp. Applying styling products to your scalp would leave your hair dried out.
Similarly go for coloring or dying of your hair only when you feel it is absolutely necessary.
7. Deep Conditioning Treatment: Give a deep hair conditioning treatment to your hair once a week. You can use natural deep conditioning treatments, like olive oil, argon oil, avocado oil or coconut oil. Read here for How to give hair conditioning treatment to your hair at home.
8. Get into the habit of using a leave-in conditioner at least once a week. These types of conditioners penetrate deep into your hair cuticles and help in healing them completely.
9. Eat well to keep your hair strong and lustrous: To get great hair, you need to eat a balanced healthy diet, including:
(i) Essential fatty acids, especially omega-3 fatty acids to make everything stronger including your hair, nails and skin.
(ii) Nuts, like walnuts and almonds.
(iii) Proteins, such as fish, chicken, eggs or soy.
(iv) Vitamins B-6, B-12 and folic acid. You can take a daily multi-vitamin in order to make your hair strong and healthy. Include in your diet following foods:
(a) For vitamin B-6: Bananas, potatoes and spinach.
(b) Vitamin B-12: Meat, poultry and dairy products.
(c) Folic Acid: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, beans, lentils and whole grain.
Follow above hair care tips and habits to get perfect hair.
Useful Related Article: Best Tips To Get Healthy Shiny Hair.