9 Home Remedies To Lighten Dark Lips
Every woman likes to have rosy and pink lips. Pinkish lips enhance your beauty. In this article you will find 9 best natural home remedies to lighten dark lips.
Sometimes darker lips are genetically inherited and are most commonly found in dark complexioned people.
However, lifestyle is also a huge contributory factor in having darker lips. There are several factors that can cause your lips to get darker. The most common causes for darker lips are exposure to sun, UV rays, smoking, allergies, too much caffeine intake, hormonal imbalances and age.
Who does not like to have pink rosy lips? Everyone does. But you cannot wear lipstick or lip balms at all times. For your benefit we will tell you 8 best ways to lighten dark lips. Read on here for the best natural home remedies to help you in getting rosy pink lips.
1. Sugar Scrub: This natural scrub works as an excellent lips exfoliant. Whereas the sugar helps in getting rid of unwanted dead skin cells present on your lips, the butter helps to improve the color and enhance gloss on your lips. Make a thick paste by mixing three spoons of sugar powder with two spoons of butter. Use this mixture as a scrub over your lips. Try this natural beauty tip two to three times a week to get lighter lips.
2. Homemade Natural Scrub for lips: Make a thick turmeric paste by mixing milk with turmeric powder. Wet your lips with water and first scrub off your lips gently with a soft tooth brush. A soft tooth brush is a very good exfoliator for your lips. Apply a bit of the turmeric paste on all over your lips and let it remain there for not more than 2-3 minutes. Exfoliate your lips again gently with the soft tooth brush. You should do it lightly for 2-3 minutes, so that you do not scrape off healthy cells. Pat dry your lips and apply lip balm of your choice. It’s better to use homemade lip balm. Continue reading below for homemade lip balm recipe.
3. Lemon Juice: Lemon is known for its natural bleaching properties. Hence, it’s an effective natural home remedy to lighten dark lips. It can not only lighten dark lips, but also can remove darker patches and spots from your lips and skin. Lemon juice works to exfoliate your lip’s skin and brings up new tone on your lips. Squeeze a lemon and massage its fresh juice over your lips. You can apply this home remedy every night before you sleep to get glossy and pink lips.
4. Lemon, Sugar Lip Scrub: In a small bowl, mix in 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice and coconut oil. Add in and stir thoroughly 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar, a bit at a time to make thick paste of uniform consistency. If needed, you can add in more sugar. After mixing it well, you can transfer the scrub into a suitable storage container. It can be safely kept in fridge for about one week.
Apply a little bit of the scrub to your lips, and scrub it in circular motion. To effectively exfoliate your lips, use a small toothbrush. Rinse your lips with warm water, and apply a balm or gloss of your choice.
5. Honey: Honey is another natural home remedy to treat dark lips that have turned dark with age and external factors. Apply honey on all over your lips every night, let it dry and remain there overnight. It will not only lighten your lips, but also soften and give them a pink glow.
6. Beet Root: The deep purple color ingredient present in beetroot has natural properties to reduce gradually darkness of your lips and thus can cleanse and lighten your dark lips.
7. Homemade Strawberry Lip balm: To get naturally smooth pink lips, mix one spoon of strawberry with two spoons of petroleum jelly. Try this as a lip balm daily to get glossy pink lips.
8. Raspberry Scrub: Raspberry contains essential minerals and vitamins which can make your lips vibrant and bubbly. Make a paste by mixing raspberry with aloe vera and pure honey. Message and scrub your lips with this paste and rinse it off after 10 minutes. Thereafter apply a homemade lip balm on your lips to enhance gloss on your lips and give them pink color.
9. Olive Oil: Olive oil contains several vital minerals, vitamins and other nutrients. Scrub olive oil onto your lips before you sleep at night to soften your lips and give natural glow to them.
Now we have given above the best natural beauty tips to lighten your lips. Practice them and see how your lips bloom and glow like a pink rose.
Useful Related Posts: