Have you always dreamed of having long and thick hair? Unfortunately hair only grows (on an average) about half an inch in a month. So to get the lengthy tresses will take time. But you want to speed up the process. How to do it? If you only could know the right methods!! In this article you will find a complete guide to learn all about the natural ways to make your hair grow faster and longer. Listed below are super natural tips to get faster hair growth.
What Can You Do To Make Your Hair Grow Faster And Longer?
1. Trim Your Hair Every 6-8 Weeks: Although hair grows from your roots, not the ends -but still if you want your hair to be healthy, trim the dead ends off. Although, it does not look like that trimming your split ends is a way to make your hair grow fast, but if you don’t cut the split ends, it could result into hair breakage and unhealthy hair. One more reason is that if you don’t cut your split ends, it will go higher and higher up your hair and then break, and that will make your hair thinner and shorter. Keep up with cutting only split ends, i.e., trim 1/4th of an inch every 6-8 weeks.
2. Stimulate Your Scalp With Hot Oil Scalp Massage: Stimulating your scalp with a message, pinching and brushing with a soft bristle brush is one of the best natural ways to make your hair grow faster, and it really works. This augments blood flow to your hair follicles that fetches much required nutrients to your hair. Simply warm up a hot oil treatment, message it into your scalp. Although you can try a store-bought treatment, but homemade oil treatments work equally well. Jojoba oil, coconut oil, olive oil, or most other oils that you like will work wonders; simply warm them up and rub thoroughly.
3. Grape Seeds Oil Message To Get Your Hair Grow Fast: This is another natural oil treatment to make your hair longer and thicker. Simply massage this wonderful oil at night, 2-3 times a week.
4. Olive Oil And Coconut Oil Antioxidant Hair Mask: Mix extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil in equal proportions. Heat the mixture until it gets warm, making it sure not to burn your scalp. Comb this mask through your hair, so that it gets to both the roots and the ends. Let it sit there for about 25-30 minutes, and then wash your hair as usual and air dry. Apply this natural remedy once a week to stimulate hair growth.
5. Essential Oils For Healthier And Thicker Hair: Nurture your hair with help of essential oils to get your hair to grow fast. For those who are trying to grow their hair fast, we recommend 3 drops of lavender oil, 3 drops of rosemary oil and 2 drops each of thyme oil and cedar wood oil, together with some jojoba oil. Rub this mixture into your head to make your hair grow much faster.
6. Rub Egg Whites Into Your Hair To Get Healthier And Stronger Hair: An egg white is excellent source of protein, which is essentially needed for your hair to grow fast and thicker. It also has healing properties and is well known for its ability to refurbish hair softness and shine!! Simply crack open a couple of eggs, strain out the yolks, and prepare an egg white mask for your hair. This egg white hair mask will make your hair much healthier and stronger instantly, letting your hair to grow stronger, thicker and longer.
7. Avoid Blow Dry To The Extent You Can: Cut down on blow drying your hair to foster your hair grow healthier and stronger, leading to faster hair growth. This is also a good way to avoid developing split ends that causes thinning and shortening of your hair.
8. Brush Your Hair With Care: Brush and comb your hair sparingly. Brushing your hair twice in the morning and once or twice at night are enough to stimulate blood circulation in your scalp, nourishing the hair follicles and promoting uninterrupted faster hair growth. Remember excessive brushing can really pull hairs out of the scalp.
(i) Always comb your hair when it’s dry, not wet as it can cause severe hair breakage. Using brush on wet hair tends to damage hair and creates split ends, therefore wait until it gets on the drier side and either finger comb your hair or use a wide-toothed comb to go through your precious tresses, especially if you encounter tangles.
(ii) Avoid using plastic brushes, since they act harsh on your scalp and cause split ends. Instead, choose a brush with soft, natural bristles. We recommend boar-hair brushes for soft hair. Stiff bristled brushes are good for very thick and curly hair that are hard to be managed with a soft bristle brush.
(iii) For detangling your hair, do not try to pull at your hair. Try a leave-in-conditioner or detangling spray.
(iv) Combs and brushes are meant for different purposes. Use them properly. Combs are for wet hair, removing knots, parting hair and distributing styling products as well. Brushes are for distributing hair’s natural oils, styling and using with a blow dryer. For instance, use a comb to remove tangles that allows you to more carefully get the knot apart without breaking the hair. Brushes do not let you have this kind of finesse.
9. Potato Hair Mask Helps Your Hair Grow: Yes, it works!! Simply take out juice of 3 potatoes, mix in 1 egg yolk and some honey, and wow – your amazing potato hair mask is ready to use. This natural hair mask will help your hair to get healthy for growing fast. It is very effective in making your hair grow fast, as the egg yolk and honey add lots of moisture to make your locks full of luster and shine with a natural glow.
10. Use A Good Conditioner: Don’t get taken for a ride for so called “moisturizing-shampoo”. It’s not a good option, whether it claims to be or not. Shampoo lathers, so each kind strip your hair off its essential natural oils. On the other hand a conditioner particularly leaves a sort of “residue” in your hair to keep your scalp and hair in good health, which is essential for your hair to grow fast.
Natural Beauty Tips On Use Of Hair Conditioner:
(i) Never apply under any circumstances hair conditioner onto your scalp, as it will tend to weigh down your hair and it could lead to dandruff. As you know for long, healthy hair you must have a healthy scalp. While using conditioner, keep it 3-4 inches away from your scalp and roots, so that your hairs don’t come out looking a bit greasy. Always leave the conditioner on your hair for not more than 3 minutes, irrespective of whatever the label says, to add moisture and shine to your hair.
(ii) To get your hair grow longer, try deep conditioner treatment. You can do it at your home with a good quality natural hair deep conditioning treatment, which you can buy at your local drug / beautician store and follow the directions given on its label.
11. Aloe Vera, Egg And Brandy Hair Mask For Long And Thick Hair: Squeeze out aloe vera gel form a few leaves. Mix it with an egg and brandy together and blend the mixture thoroughly. Message this mask on your head, leaving it there for about an hour. Wash your hair as usual.
12. Shun Silicon And Chemical Based Hair Care Products: Silicon-based hair care products generate a delusion of stronger, smoother hair. In fact they damage your hair in the long run. They work to coat your hair shaft and in reality shut out moisture, choking hair follicles, making your hair weaker, and consequently stopping your hair from faster growth and longer hair. Similarly avoid chemical based hair products.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse Can Make Your Hair Grow Faster: Mix apple cider vinegar with some water and then rinse your hair with this mixture after you shampoo your hair. This will really make a big difference, as it stimulates your hair follicles and lead to quicker hair growth. If you notice a smell after the rinsing of your hair, try adding a few drops of any essential oil of your choice to the mixture while rinsing.
14. Minimize Use Of Hair Styling Tools And Products To Grow Your Hair Longer And Thicker Naturally: They are very harsh on your hair, and should be used less often. The best option if you want your hair to be healthy and long is to be natural. In order to safe-guard your hair, use hair-serum while applying heat onto your hair. Make it sure to set heat setting at low levels. Use the blow dryers on their lowest setting.
Tip: Make it sure to use a heat protectant spray or lotion while applying hot tools, such as curling irons, straighteners, dryers, crimpers, etc., on your hair. This will safeguard your hair from drying out, prevent split ends and add moisture resulting into healthier and stronger hair. .
Also beware of certain chemical applications and cleansers as they may damage your hair and cause hair thinning and even hair loss, if not used correctly. It’s all right to style your hair on special occasions, but avoid doing it too often if you want to have healthy hair.
15. Set Right Hormonal Imbalances: Many times hormonal imbalances, both in men or women, are responsible for thinning hair and hair loss. Hormonal imbalances can occur due to menopause, pregnancy, or elevated testosterone levels. To find out whether this is the case with you and to set it right, you need to consult your doctor to ensure steady hair growth.
16. Home Remedies To Stimulate Faster Hair Growth: Try these hair masks to boost hair health:
(i) Aloe Vera And Honey Hair Mask: Mix the aloe vera gel with honey, and apply this hair mask over your scalp. Let it sit for about 20 minutes, and then wash your hair, as you normally do.
(ii) Tomato, Olive Oil And Aloe Vera Hair Mask: Take 2 tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of honey. Blend these two natural ingredients together. Apply this mask onto your scalp, leaving it there as long as possible. Wash your hair as usual. To make this hair mask more effective, add some aloe vera to the mixture.
17. Go For Good Diet If You Want To Have Voluminous Longer Tresses: Good diet nourishes your body and since your hair is part of your body, good food nourishes your hair as well and thus makes a difference in how fast your hair grows. So eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, meats, and fish.
(i) Eat A Lot Of Protein: Do you know your hair is largely made of protein? If you eat a lot of protein rich foods, you will observe a distinct difference in the quality of your hair, and the speed with which it grows. Include in your diet lean meats, such as chicken, fish, eggs, turkey, soy products, beans, legumes and nuts. These foods will support healthy keratin production that work as the fabricating blocks for healthy and strong hair.
(ii) Biotin An Effective Way To Get Hair Grow Faster: Biotin, basically a vitamin B, helps hair grow thicker and longer. It is found significantly in foods, such as eggs, soy, whole grains, and liver. Make it a point to eat a biotin rich diet or, alternatively, take a biotin supplement and see positive results.
Natural Beauty Tips On How To Make Your Hair Grow Faster
(i) The best natural way to faster hair growth is nourish your body with healthier food. Hair is a part of your body. The more nourishment your hair gets, the stronger your hair will grow. The best foods for faster hair growth are salmon and other fish, such as mackerel, sardines and tuna. And don’t forget eggs, cereal, nuts, vegetables – especially the greens that contain lots of iron and zinc, as iron and zinc are essential for stronger, healthier and thicker hair.
(ii) Drink lots of water to flush out toxins from your body.
(iii) Trim your hair regularly to keep them free from split ends, thus keeping it healthier. Deep conditioning of your hair and hair masks will keep your hair stronger and get rid of damaged tresses.
(iii) Don’t sleep with tightly braided hair or a tight ponytail, as this will break your hair over time.
(iv) Protect your hair from harsh sun, especially in summer. Keep your head covered while going out in sun light.
Useful Related Posts: