At Home Manicure
In this article you will find how to do a manicure at home in easy steps. By applying these easy steps for doing your own professional manicure at home, we assure that you will get salon-quality results and moreover save your money and time by avoiding going to a salon. Your manicured nails will make you look gorgeous. Your friends will love to look at your pretty hands and enjoy being with you.
How To Do A Manicure At Home In Easy Steps
Manicure / Pedicure Box: Keep a manicure / pedicure box handy with following tools and supplies:
(i) Nail Polish;
(ii) Clear Top Coat / Base Coat;
(iii) Nail Polish Remover;
(iv) Nail File;
(v) Cotton Swabs;
(vi) Cuticle Oil; and
(vii) Cuticle Stick.
2. Take out your Manicure / Pedicure Box on a convenient day, preferably on your week ends.
3. Remove current nail polish (if any): Soak your nails in a small bowl containing warm water for a couple of minutes. This will soften up your cuticles. Remove all the nail polish, if any.
4. Push back your cuticles: Apply lotion or cuticle oil at the base of your nails to soften your cuticles. Then push back your cuticles softly with the cuticle stick. Don’t clip your cuticles as they protect your nails from infection.
5. Clip, file and buff your nails: If necessary, first clip your nails. Then file your nails in one direction. Avoid filing in back and forth motion, as it weakens your nails. File to make your nail tips square, round or as you like or a combination of a square tops and oval edges. Rounded nails, mirroring the shape of your cuticles and extending a little bit over the edges of fingertips look classy and smart. If required, buff gently the sides and tops of your nails to make a smooth surface. Do not use emery paper for this purpose. Also read our article on How to Take Care of Your Nails.
6. Apply the nail polish base coat: Start from the cuticle ends and paint down in one stroke to the tip of your nail. Do it in such a manner that three swipes of base coat should cover a whole nail. Let that dry for at least two full minutes before you move further.
7. Roll the nail polish bottle in your hands: Do not shake nail polish bottle to mix up the color as it will create bubbles and your nail polish application will not be smooth. Take the nail polish bottle between your hands and roll it back and forth quickly and you will have a perfect nail color.
8. Apply the first thin coat of color nail polish: Starting from the base of your nail, swipe the color polish all the way to tip of the nail. Dip the brush again and repeat two times to cover your entire nail with polish. Follow with a quick swipe of color along the tip of your nail to cover it with nail polish as well. This decelerates chipping process. Repeat this for all nails.
9. Apply second coat of color nail polish: Wait for two minutes after first coat and apply second coat of nail polish.
10. Wait for twenty minutes to dry: Let your nail polish dry out for at least twenty minutes. During this time whatever you do but do not touch your nails.
11. Apply the nail polish Top Coat: Make sure to apply top coat after your nails have dried out completely. Don’t do this step in a hurry. The top coat protects your manicure / color from chipping. Apply one top coat now, and then after every two / three days to make your nails look shiny and fresh.
12. Clean Up Smudges, if any: Clean up cautiously any nail polish smeared around the edges of your nails. Wrap a small piece of cotton around the cuticle stick, dip it into a little bit of nail polish remover, and very carefully clean the extra nail polish smeared around your nails.
Practical Tips about how to do manicure at home tips:
(i) A very useful tip is to paint nails of your dominant hand first. As it is more difficult to use your non-dominant hand when it is still wet with polish.
(ii) Always start from your little finger and move towards your thumb, in that order.
Wow, you are now ready to go out and show case your perfect manicured hands!!! You can manicure your nails whenever you have time and with a little practice, it will not take that long as it may looks to you now.
Follow the above outlined tips on How to do a manicure at home to have shiny and pretty nails.
Related useful article: