How Do You Stop Hair Breakage – Ways to Prevent Hair Breakage
Are you suffering from Hair Breakage? In this article you will find the best tips about How To Stop Hair Breakage.
An average person losses approximately 50 to 200 strands of hair a day, depending upon one’s sex and age. If you are losing more than that, follow the ways to stop hair breakage outlined here below to have healthy looking lush of hair.
1. Healthy Hair Care Routine: The easiest step about how do you stop hair breakage is to avoid mistakes in your daily hair care routine. Mistakes in your hair care routine are often the foremost reason for your hair breakage. To learn about Best Hair Care Routine Tips, click here. Include these tips into your hair care routine to make your hair healthy, shiny and lush.
2. Remove Split or Dead Ends of Hair: Getting the split or dead ends trimmed is not counterproductive to growing hair. Rather it helps in growing your hair stronger and making it thick. Trick is just to get rid of split or dead ends only and not the whole chunks of hair. By trimming split ends you cut down the chances of your hair becoming dry and brittle and needing a full haircut.
The split ends when become out of control travels up your hair shaft, your hair then will either break or need a full haircut. Instead of getting into this mess, we advise you to act proactive and trim the bottom of hair, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of hair every three to four months. If you are growing hair remember to tell your hair stylist beforehand about it ask him to remove hair not more than a 1/2 inch.
When you are trimming your hair yourself, use the scissors that are sharp and are meant specifically for cutting / trimming hair.
3. Do not Brush your Wet Hair: This is very good tip to prevent hair breakage. Hair is in its weakest state when wet. So avoid brushing your hair when its soaking wet.
Its fine to use wide-toothed comb while your hair is a little wet. But ideal time is to comb with wide-toothed comb when your hair is saturated with conditioner.
4. Use Heat on your Hair less often: Another to good tip to stop hair breakage. High heat or frequent heat application on your hair causes irrevocable damage and break your hair. Leave the use of curling irons, flat irons, hot rollers, blow dryers, etc. for special occasions only and in any case do not use them more than once a week. Try to use hair dryers not at hot settings. Best is to air-dry your hair. Even washing your hair with hot water makes them overtly dry.
5. Avoid Use of Chemicals: Cut down using hair products containing harsh chemicals on your hair. Look out for herbal or organic hair products or those containing less of harmful chemicals.
6. Avoid too much of Sun Exposure: Sun exposure dry your hair leading to weakening of hair and its breakage.
7. Moisturize your Hair: An essential regime of Stop Hair Breakage Treatment is to moisturize your hair. Consider using a leave-in-conditioner or deep conditioning of your hair. Click here to read How to Deep Condition your hair. Well-moisturized hair is less prone to dryness and breakage.
8. Avoid too much Washing of your Hair: When you wash your hair, you deprive your hair of its natural oils. Washing your hair every day is not necessary, unless you have super oily hair and your hair looks greasy even the same day after you wash it. Washing your hair every day can make your hair dry and prone to permanent damage and breakage.
9. Relax your hair: Hair pulled tight back into ponytails, braids and buns can break your hair. Do not use rubber bands as they can cause your hair to split and break.
10. Good Nutrition: Hair too needs proper nutrition (including vitamins, minerals, protein, etc.), just like your other parts of body. No need to explain that if you eat healthy balanced diet, your hair will grow stronger. So consume a balanced healthy diet including fruits, vegetables, fish, lean meat, plenty of fluids etc.
11. Home Remedy To Stop Hair Breakage – Hot Oil Treatment: Give hot oil treatment once or twice a week to your hair to provide enough moisture to prevent hair breakage.
(a) Pour 5 tablespoons or so (depending upon length of your hair) of extra virgin olive oil into a bowl. Warm it either in a microwave for few seconds or you can have a larger bowl or pan with hot water and place the bowl of olive oil in it for some time. Make it sure to just warm up the oil and not heat it up so that not to burn your scalp.
(b) Massage the warm olive hair oil onto your scalp and hair. Leave the oil on to your head for up to an hour and then wash your hair with shampoo. It is recommended you apply moisturizing conditioner too after shampooing your hair.
As an alternative to above, you can use good quality pre-packaged hot oil treatments. These days they are available in the neighbor-hood stores.
12. Some more natural beauty tips about how to Stop Hair Breakage:
(i) Air dry or pat dry your hair with your towel after washing your hair. Never rub your hair vigorously with towel.
(ii) Mix well a little bit of extra virgin olive oil into your conditioner. Apply this to your hair after shampooing to stop hair breakage.
(iii) Once a week deep condition your hair with mayonnaise. Apply mayonnaise to your hair and let it be on your hair for up to an hour. Mayonnaise contains fats and oils which are good for your hair to prevent hair breakage.
(iv) Massage your scalp with coconut or extra virgin olive oil to stimulate the hair roots and blood circulation in the scalp surface. One of the good ways to stop hair breakage is to break open few vitamin E gel capsules and mix with the oil before applying it to your hair.
(v) Consume iron and vitamins supplements (including vitamin E) in case of deficiency, in consultation with your doctor.
Apply above tips about how do you stop hair breakage. If your hair breakage problem is acute and does not improve with above tips, we advise you to consult a hair specialist for your hair breakage treatment.
Useful Related Article: How to control hair loss.