Many people have oily or greasy skin problems, particularly on their faces. Never neglect oily skin conditions as it can lead to other skin problems like acne and spots.
Why Is My Skin So Oily?
A person who suffers from oily face keeps wondering: “Why Is My Skin So Oily”?
Oily skin arises when the sebaceous glands emit more oil than normal, resulting into presence of more oil on the skin surface. Hereditary is one of the main causes for too much oil production. The other possible causes for oily skin are hormonal shifts, stress, pollution, high humidity, travel, certain cosmetic products, birth control pills, poor diet, and improper skin care.
Although, there are solutions that can be used to dry out your skin, but the best way is to treat the underlying cause. This can be altering your lifestyle, following a cleansing regimen regularly or improving your overall diet.
Here are the best tips to prevent or reduce oily skin problem, even to stop the problem, and improve overall health of your skin:
How To Get Rid Of Oily Skin Permanently?
It’s not always easy to stop sebaceous glands from producing excessive oil. For the people who have this issue, it is quite a task to look their best throughout the day. Excessive production of oil by their sebaceous glands is often exacerbated by an oscillation in hormones. Such people can also suffer from acne breakouts, particularly during periods in case of women. Proper care of their skin becomes crucial in shrinking large pores, treating blackheads, and acne. Here are listed best tips for preventing the sebaceous glands from producing excess oil and controlling oily skin conditions:
1. Proper Cleansing: Always use an oil-free cleansing product two times in a day. Take a little amount of the facial cleanser in your hands, lather it up, and gently massage it onto your face – using your finger-tips. Then rinse out with lukewarm water. In case you are having fresh acne breakouts, buy a cleanser with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, which is an effective remedy to dry them up.
2. Use Toner Or An Astringent: Gently apply a toner or an astringent onto your skin after washing, and then pat it dry with a clean towel. In case you are suffering from acne, consider using a prescription astringent having ingredients to help clear up acne breakouts. For those who believe in using natural ways, we recommend freshly squeezed lemon juice or witch hazel that are not only very effective but are inexpensive too. An effective way is to use pre-moistened pads or to apply liquid astringent or toner using soft cotton balls.
Natural Beauty Tip: Opt for an alcohol-free toner to avert excessive dryness or irritation.
3. Moisturize Consistently: Use an oil-controlling moisturizer or a mattifying gel. For those who apply makeup this also serves as make-up base before they put on foundation.
4. Exfoliate Once Or Twice a Week: Exfoliating your skin helps to remove dead skin cells and dirt that otherwise can clog your skin pores. There are various options, such as natural exfoliants containing fruit kernels, micro-beads, or ground up nut shells. Mixing water with baking soda is also an option or you can try exfoliating with a clean washcloth. For people who don’t like to exfoliate physically, they can go for an enzyme containing facial mask or glycolic acid pads to get rid of dead skin cells.
5. Use Facial Masks: Do facial using clay mask once or twice a week. Allow the mask to remain on your skin until it dries out, and then rinse it out with lukewarm water. Pat dry your face gently, using a clean, soft facial towel.
How To Stop Oily Face? – Additional Home Remedies
Following are some tested home remedies to treat oily skin:
(i) Apple Cider Vinegar: For best results, we recommend unfiltered and raw kind that has beneficial enzymes and nutrients which are missing in pasteurized and filtered one. Considering the fact that it is somewhat strong to use directly on the skin, make sure to mix 1 part of apple cider vinegar with 1-2 parts of water before applying it onto your skin. Apply it once a day after washing your face, but before moisturizing, using a clean cotton ball.
(ii) Don’t Wash Your Face Too Much: Wash your face not more than twice a day – in the morning and before you sleep at night. Washing your face too frequently provokes your sebaceous glands to secrete even more oil. The sebum (naturally released oil from your skin) purpose is to lubricate and shields your skin. When you wash your face too often, your glands react by releasing more oil to shield it.
(iii) Use Lukewarm Water: Cold or hot water dries out your skin that can prompt your glands to release more oil. While washing your face, use lukewarm water as it relaxes your face and treats it gently.
(iv) Facial Care Products: Choose cleansers that are especially formulated for oily and/or acne prone skin. You can also use natural cleansers.
(v) Oil Free Moisturizers And Sun-Screen: Use moisturizer to help protect your face from vagaries of excess oil and the Sun’s ultraviolet rays. But, make sure to use oil-free products or the problem may be aggravated.
How To Make Your Face Less Oily?
(i) Consider using witch hazel as a natural toner for your oily face and skin. You can apply it with a cotton ball and allow it to dry out.
(ii) To treat pimples (oily skin is acne prone), apply lavender or tea tree oil exactly on the pimples to exterminate bacteria and help heal the skin. However, if you have sensitive skin, make sure to dilute the oil with some aloe vera gel.
Useful Related Posts: