Use natural facial scrubs to remove the dead outer layers of your skin. By exfoliating with natural body scrubs once a week, you can make your skin soft, smoother, brighter and younger.
Five Natural Face Scrubs: Here are 5 natural exfoliating face scrub recipes, including some wonderful simple sugar scrubs:
1. Simple Sugar Scrub: Mix thoroughly 1 tsp. of organic sugar, few drops of water and 1-2 drops of orange, lemon or lavender essential oil in a bowl to form a medium thick mixture of uniform consistency. Rub this mixture gently onto your face by using your fingers, in gentle circular motions. Take care to avoid your eyes. Wash off your face with water and pat dry with a soft towel. In case you need a moisturizer, apply a thin light layer of olive oil. This natural facial scrub will help in getting rid of dead & dry skin, leaving your facial skin clean and younger.
2. Lemon Sugar Face Scrub: Mix 1 tsp. of lemon juice, 1 tsp. of granulated organic sugar, few drops of olive oil and a little of organic honey. Whisk or stir until the ingredients are combined together to form a medium thick paste of uniform consistency. Rub this lemon and sugar scrub gently onto your face using your fingers in circular motions. Sugar helps in getting rid of dead skin cells and clean the face, the lemon tightens pores and evens out your skin tone, olive oil heals acne scaring, and honey prevents acne breakouts. The ingredients of this natural face scrub are very helpful for acne prone skin.
3. Coconut Oil Sugar Face Scrub: Mix thoroughly 1 tsp. of melted organic coconut oil with 3 tsps. of organic sugar. Damp your face a little and rub this natural face scrub gently onto your face with fingers in circular motions. You can add a few drops of an essential oil of your choice to make it smell nice. Wait for 10 minutes with this mixture on your face and then wash it off. The sugar works as an exfoliator and the coconut oil acts as a moisturizer. If you like, you can do it at night before sleeping.
You can keep any leftover in the fridge. Instead of coconut oil, you can add olive oil, depending upon your choice.
4. Coffee Face Scrub: Mix following ingredients in a small bowl:
(i) 1/3 tsp. of extra virgin olive oil, a natural moisturizer. Alternatively, you can use any other natural moisturizer, like coconut oil, shea butter, etc.
(ii) 1 tsp. of organic honey, at it helps in retaining moisture.
(iii) One and a half tsp. of coffee grinds. It acts as a scrub to get rid of dead skin, and exfoliates well.
Wash your face and gently scrub your face skin with the above mixture for a minute with your fingers in circular motions. Wash your face with plain water and that’s it. Is it not a very simple way to scrub your face?
5. Tomato Sugar Face Scrub: Cut tomato in half and dip it in sugar. Now rub gently your face with tomato in circular motions. Wait for 10 minutes and then wash your face with plain water and pat dry it with a soft towel.
Tomatoes are rich source of lycopene, which acts as an antioxidant that helps in preventing wrinkles by maintaining elasticity of your skin and also protect it from harmful sun rays. Sugar acts as a natural scrub and being a natural humectant helps in retaining moisture in your skin.