In this article, you will find step-by-step instructions & guidelines to make your own orange peel powder at home for beauty and skin care.
I don’t need to tell you how oranges are great for your health. But many people don’t know that the orange peel has much greater concentration of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals than the fruit itself! So just think how much beneficial it will be to use the orange peel powder, high in skin-caring nutrients, on your face!
If you are looking for the best all-natural, skin revitalizing face pack ingredients to provide your skin cells a healthy stimulus, orange peel powder is one such ingredient! This powder can be used in facials, if you:
(i) have oily complexion
(ii) are prone to blackhead problems
(iii) want to brighten your skin tone
(iv) want softer, smoother skin
(v) suffering from skin discoloration, blemishes & pimple scars on your face
Why Orange Peel Powder Is Good For Your Skin?
You will get the answer if you look at the Orange Peel Powder Skin Benefits:
Orange peel powder has several natural benefits that help maintain beautiful skin and heal anguished facial skin. Here are some of the main skin benefits:
(i) Natural Cleanser: Infiltrates skin pores, so helps in deep cleansing your skin, breaking down any dust, grime, oils, pollutants and pus to prevent formation of blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and acne.
(ii) Natural Astringent: Makes skin firmer by tightening skin pores, reduces extra oiliness, dries out pimples & acne and counteracts acne & pimple formation
(iii) Natural Toner: Right away refreshes the skin, shrinks the size of skin pores, balances skin’s pH level, averts trapping of pollutants and dust inside the skin pores.
You may be wondering now how to make orange peel powder at home because it’s not an item readily available in market. Good news is that making orange peel powder at home is fairly easy! And, homemade is always fresher, pure, and so more effective!
Without further wasting time, let’s roll up our sleeves and start!
How to Make Orange Peel Powder For Face & Skin At Home?
1. Choose some good quality oranges, preferably organic.
2. Completely wash three large or four medium-sized oranges. Pat dry with a clean cotton cloth.
3. Peel the oranges. Remove the white fibrous parts on the inside of the peels, as we are going to use only the top orange layer. Avoid white part of the peel – as much as possible.
4. Further chop the peels into thin slices so as to ensure they dry faster.
5. Spread all the thin slices on a clean tray. Cover the tray with a thin cloth or a net for protection against dust and insects. Place the tray under the sun to dry.
Normally, the orange slices take about 3-5 days to dry completely. If sunlight is direct as in summer, it may take only 2–3 days to dry and up to 5 days in cold, cloudy weather.
6. Now put all the dried slices into a food processor or blender. Keep in mind that the food processor should be totally dry, as any amount of moisture will spoil the powder, causing it to decay.
7. First pulse the food processor for about 5 seconds to get a coarse powder. Then grind again for around ten seconds on medium speed. To finish, grind to make a fine powder by blitzing on high speed for about twenty-five seconds.
8. There you have it! Your orange peel skin care powder is ready. Ooh, trust me you will love its divine smell!
9. Store the sun-dried orange peel powder in an airtight container.
Are you excited to start using it for your face pack? Wait for our next post on how to use orange peel powder on your face.